Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Old 04-20-2024, 11:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gustoo. Maybe hit upon an almost perfect formula. I know this is red but that shit would work anywhere.
Numbnuts camping guise/manastone/wr bags knowing the spawn rates kinda takes the fun (for everyone else) away from the discovery part of the game.
Back then it didnt matter where an <awesome drop> dropped it just mattered that it did, eventually. Working it out the how/when came later.

Great idea. Gustoo i bow to your superior solution.
Makes a(n) (arguably noob) player wanna play again.

In answer to jimjam and no disrespect. This would largely negate that. Blue, green and red. Just sayen.
easy solution we need EQ on web 3.

if items are nfts with burn mechanics keeps the game fun and interesting.

once every1 farms everything and every1 gets their pixels people stop trying / caring and log off
Old 04-25-2024, 04:36 PM
Kobold

This was cruel lol
Old 05-24-2024, 04:10 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
easy solution we need EQ on web 3.

if items are nfts with burn mechanics keeps the game fun and interesting.

once every1 farms everything and every1 gets their pixels people stop trying / caring and log off
Hush up, nerd
Old 05-25-2024, 11:48 AM
Decaying Skeleton

How people like Outer can keep doing the PVE progression shit ROZ box after shit ROZ box is unbelievable. Stuck in a loop doing the same basic grind until he dies irl.

I don't think there are many people who like EQ PVP I think people like being the big dogs while doing PVE and shit on some nerds and act pro.

That's why everyone clumped in the main guild on Red99 for years.

The community needs to evolve into a guild vs guild PVP system and take the focus away from PVE. Everyone shows up once a week, twice a week for a big throwdown over whatever.

The place to do this? A Classic PvP Battle Royale. Instant 50. Max Skills. All Spells. Starting gear.

The grind is dead. I mean there a hand full of real sick people who will not stop it, and there's also people like Quarm where I bet if you saw a RL pic of all of them you'd do a 360 and walk out the door.
Old 05-25-2024, 11:52 AM
Decaying Skeleton

The community no matter how dysfunctional and anti social needs to understand EQEMU is basically dead and as a community we could set up times for Guild Vs Guild PVP for no other reason than having fun.

I know Tune it won't satisfy your psycho urges of griefing people trying to PVE but we need to attract people if you want normal people to hunt.
Old 05-25-2024, 12:17 PM
Planar Protector

Only way to save community is all of us coming together to host PVP nights or attract people as a group. Divide into teams, contest over a mob.

It'll never be organic like Live again with antelope running wildly in mass numbers. Games now are like ROT instanced/no voice chat. If you say or do anything you get reported and punished.

It's a new world of gaming, people aren't going to put up with getting griefed, except the few that have stuck around. Drug addicts, eq addicts, no lifers no friends etc it's like their little hole/community.

We have to expand it or it will die. I'd say it could even happen on Red99 but with bowquest and the ungodly grind to get into PVP range. Fresh player starts Red99 how many hours till they can PVP? 60 on Red is like what 150 hours lol. Plus gearing/quests. NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN.

TLDR.

1) Natural EQpvp is dead people enjoying the grind that you can hunt.
2) Rebirth of EQEMU PVP will need to be community driven for fun.
Old 05-25-2024, 12:26 PM
Planar Protector

EQEMU PvP is dying, it's basically dead. The people who play shitty roz box after shitty roz box like Outer are mentally ill. Compulsive whatever obsessive compulsive and addicted.

You don't see videos of epic fights posted. I bet it's just dead shitty box.

The community has to step up. Set a night. Load up my box A Classic PVP Battle Royale. Instant 50. Full Spellbook. Max Skills. Starting Gear. Working Resist code. You can progress to planar and stuff but it's mostly cosmetic, maybe some weapon upgrades. Not much time investment.

Nail the mechanics is all that matters personally and host PVP nights. 50 Dollar amazon card to the winner. (not sure if thats against rules just an idea) and try to pull people into EQEMU.

Or let it die Idgaf I've had fun over the years if this is the last hurrah of eqpvp it was a pleasure pals.
Old 05-25-2024, 12:39 PM
Planar Protector

Red99 has always been the same way. PVE focused. A few fights Holo Nihi then stagnated for 10 years or w/e.

I came back recently it's one guild Pumice. There's griefers in Tempest but they didn't really have numbers or able to fight. Always just like hit and run plug. Hold zonelines behind ur raid. Send a few rogues down to HOT etc, rush you on a mob.

Honestly it was fun in it's own way but that's not guild vs guild 40 people all on the same level fighting over a mob, EQEMU really hasn't had that other than a few times on Red99.

It won't happen organically or in a million years of ROZ shit boxes. PVE Focused Red99 will play out exactly the same way. Blue 2.0
Old 05-25-2024, 12:49 PM
Planar Protector

Just like Qeynos Hills PvP event. I could even set up the starting gear to be like BIS each class. Choose a zone. Guild 1 Guild 2. Or pick names.

Gotta reboot this shit like fight club two guys in a parking lot punching each other in the ear. Choose a zone, Fight over Naggy, Fight over Vox, fight over guk etc. You won't get the same rush from crushing your enemies off the box but if we could make it more fun and less griefing it might attract people. Which would overflow into other PVP servers/creations maybe? OKOK putting keyboard down for the day l8r pals.

SORRY last edit lol. Thrilla nailed Red99 perfectly. PVE encounters with added AI mechanics(Tempest).
Last edited by Stasis01; 05-25-2024 at 12:58 PM..
Old 05-26-2024, 12:51 AM
Sarnak

lol