Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 05-07-2024, 09:07 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it was after luclin
You sure it was AFTER Luclin?

I don't remember Luclin having MQable quests, though I also suppose I never quested or really played much during Luclin, outside of Netherbian Lair and soloing in Dawnshroud Peaks.
Old 05-07-2024, 09:13 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wahhh I hate instances but plz let me camp stuff whenever I want
Blue desperately needs Instanced raids.

Let everyone just have the pixels for god sake.

/pick for zones is also one of the best additions Live ever did for quality of life.
Old 05-07-2024, 10:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonark [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You sure it was AFTER Luclin?

I don't remember Luclin having MQable quests, though I also suppose I never quested or really played much during Luclin, outside of Netherbian Lair and soloing in Dawnshroud Peaks.
yeah 90% sure

luclin just had like, no good quests lol and anything that was good was a container combine, earring of the solstice, Vex thal key, beastlord epic

i think the quest journal system was like LDON era shortly after luclin
Old 05-08-2024, 05:40 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yeah 90% sure
90% sure is only Classic if you're a DEV, CHUM
Old 05-08-2024, 10:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonark [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Blue desperately needs Instanced raids.

Let everyone just have the pixels for god sake.

/pick for zones is also one of the best additions Live ever did for quality of life.
Instanced raiding in classic EQ is insanely boring. For one, I love the quake meta everyone strategizing and racing to hit targets. Even if I'm not in the top raiding guild and we don't get the vast majority of targets I'd still hate having instances.
Old 05-08-2024, 10:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by onmove_broke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
MQ seems to be a huge bane on this server. You cannot for example even get Jboots because the same people are camping it over and over and keeping the list for themselves (do not even get me started on this AC list camp in OOT) People logging off for days then claiming they were on the list and harassing you in /tells for the next 30 min.

Can you just eliminate MQ for all items? It really becomes people just selling the MQ instead of actually putting the work in for the quest. . Not sure how there would even be an argument against this. I do not think the original devs meant for people to MQ as a way to hoard a camp/item
The underlying issue is that most everyone knows where X will spawn and at approx what time. MQs being so prevalent is a symptom of that, but it isn't the problem imo. If something is overcamped, there are other camps, some even more lucrative.

And there are other situations where MQing doesn't even involve making plat, but instead highlights elf sim interdependence. For example, it feels really good to be able to help someone finish their epic because you happened to keep a rare nodrop in your bank for months, if not years. And then to have someone return the favor for another quest.

Quite a few features of the original game were not there by intentional design but existed due to inexperience and happenstance. IMO these are some of the best aspects of the game that make it feel more like a world. The devs were trying to play god and failed. Those failures didn't need to be corrected after the fact though. It was wrong to go back and "fix" them.
Last edited by Ennewi; 05-08-2024 at 10:36 AM..
Old 05-08-2024, 10:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Instanced raiding in classic EQ is insanely boring. For one, I love the quake meta everyone strategizing and racing to hit targets. Even if I'm not in the top raiding guild and we don't get the vast majority of targets I'd still hate having instances.
100%. Each quake is memorable at least to some extent for this reason. Your guild almost gets X target, but the FTE was dropped due to bad pathing or a train that couldn't be pinned on a single player. But, if that hadn't happened, maybe your guild wouldn't have had the opportunity to kill another target that for once actually dropped its best items. Meanwhile, two other guilds continued to fight over the first target and it ended up having mediocre loot.

With instances, every guild can live in their own bubble and none of the above takes place.
Old 05-08-2024, 12:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennewi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
100%. Each quake is memorable at least to some extent for this reason. Your guild almost gets X target, but the FTE was dropped due to bad pathing or a train that couldn't be pinned on a single player. But, if that hadn't happened, maybe your guild wouldn't have had the opportunity to kill another target that for once actually dropped its best items. Meanwhile, two other guilds continued to fight over the first target and it ended up having mediocre loot.

With instances, every guild can live in their own bubble and none of the above takes place.
Yup, it creates interesting strategic decisions/results. Plus we have a good balance with monthly draft week where targets can be drafted and killed in a more casual manner.
Old 05-08-2024, 01:18 PM
Sarnak

Disabling MQ'ing would only make the "loot rights" market boom. MQ isn't the problem, it's human greed. And there's no patch for that.

Astuce