Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 05-19-2024, 07:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_PVP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, are necros even needed anymore to summon corpses?

Come to think of it, i never see anyone looking for a necro corpse summon like the old days on live.
Everyone has a pocket rogue and a pocket cleric these days

If not just a pocket necro
Old 05-19-2024, 07:44 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciderpress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The term "reimbursement" is kind of confusing here, how exactly are people losing these items? The game very, very rarely actually glitches. Usually a quest turn in doesn't work because somebody isn't aware of a faction requirement, or the npc is already holding a portion of items which screws up an MQ and rewards the wrong person, but I thought gm's totally stay out of MQ issues? Are we talking about people who accidentally delete the wrong thing? Isn't that just user error?

Other than this, I thought the only item restoration the GM's do here is if your corpse legit decays, they'll summon it back to EC. They've done that a couple times for me and it only took about a day, or less.
The game routinely glitches for people over 250ms latency.

I can lose a bag by looting too fast on command. It's pretty repeatable. I've lost hosh staffs and epics and manastones etc in the past.

I've sent fraps to devs. They just say nah, cant happen. Reimburse the stuff and move on.
Old 05-19-2024, 07:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infectious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Outside of a glitch (never happens), they shouldn't reimburse anything.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okfxoJS4cg4

I've got a dozen fraps of this happening back at home on the PC, losing bags of gear over the years, and a half dozen petitions to replace items that just poof like this.

P99 aint some magical bug free place bro. Plenty of folk I know lose entire bags when looting. I can also fill entire bags with bags when buying bags off a vendor. I keep a few deluxe toolboxes full of deluxe toolboxes in bank of mules etc.

Think the best single loss was a donals bp, manastone, cle epic, theurgist star, hosh stick, fungi and something else. All just vanished while reorganising my inventory. I never keep beads/manastone/aon/etc all in the same bag on any toons now.
Old 05-19-2024, 08:05 PM
Planar Protector

Solist that Infectious guy is just trolling
Old 05-19-2024, 08:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okfxoJS4cg4

I've got a dozen fraps of this happening back at home on the PC, losing bags of gear over the years, and a half dozen petitions to replace items that just poof like this.

P99 aint some magical bug free place bro. Plenty of folk I know lose entire bags when looting. I can also fill entire bags with bags when buying bags off a vendor. I keep a few deluxe toolboxes full of deluxe toolboxes in bank of mules etc.

Think the best single loss was a donals bp, manastone, cle epic, theurgist star, hosh stick, fungi and something else. All just vanished while reorganising my inventory. I never keep beads/manastone/aon/etc all in the same bag on any toons now.
U got pickpockt by PL
Old 05-19-2024, 10:37 PM
Fire Giant

1) Rotted corpses, I don't get the IR policy. You have a week to get the corpse, and for hard to get corpses, isnt that what the Summon Corpse spell is for? What is the rationale for letting people petition for summoning a corpse after a week has passed?

2) Shared Bank: yes this would fix many problems and eliminate many petitions and there is precedent for non classic changes for that very reason, to ease the workload of the GMs. This seems like a no brainer.

3) As has been mentioned previously, I thought MQs were "at your own risk". Is this not the case?

4) Most other issues seem like not worthy of GM time, example, players trying to game the system by initiating trades with NPCs to avoid encumbrance delays, oops they finish the trade, too bad so sad IMO
Old 05-20-2024, 01:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The GMs have been very lenient. The GMs do restore for user error. I'd imagine the vast majority are user error. Failed quest turn ins wrong npc/bad faction, accidentally deleted items, ground drops that rot and things like that they'll restore. I think items that poof in temp bags may also be included

Things I know they wont touch is if it involved Multiquest, items sold to a vendor or involved plat (such as trading your plat to the banker) those they wont process
I thought they don't do quest turn in stuff? I.e., if you screw up your epic turn in it's like tough luck. Unless they have changed over the years?

I know they will reimburse for other user error type things; i.e., accidentally vendoring or deleting an item, leaving it in a Mage bag, etc.
Old 05-20-2024, 02:53 PM
Planar Protector

Just approve them all, who gives a fuck.

Backlog could be gone in a couple of hours max and the players would be happy

Achtually we have to look through them all with a fine tooth comb and *pushes glasses up* make a scientific decision based on the rules we made up for a quasi dead server full of the same 1000 people who have been playing here for 15 years
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 60 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands Oysterbeard - Green99 - 57 Cleric
Lobstarz Hands - Green99 - 53 Enchanter
Lobsterqueen - Green99 - 52 Paladin
#FreeWuTang
Old 05-20-2024, 04:25 PM
Planar Protector

Say each petition requires 15 min of work. And they get only 2 petitions a day.

Im not giving up 30 min a day for years and years

Basically nobody is going to do that

So i bet they have a crunch day here and there where several GMs knock a bunch out all at once

Just redo your quests, then 5 months later you log on and see new quest items in your inventory
Old 05-20-2024, 06:01 PM
Kobold

I drop transfer shit constantly, cause it's way easier than dicking around with guildies or strangers to do it. Just find a spot.

If something goes wrong and I can't log back in fast enough to loot it, that is precisely the price of doing a drop transfer.

I can't believe gm's are doing all this shit.