Old 08-28-2011, 04:49 PM
Decaying Skeleton

All "cheating" is not the same...

ShowEQ - You wont get caught
myShowEQ - You get this suspension
MQ - You get this suspension

ShowEQ is basically showing you maps.

MQ is basically full blow cheating.

You get smacked the same way for full blown cheating as seeing maps if you are a bad cheater.

You completely continue with an EXP bonus if you are a smart cheater.

I think the MQ folks deserve a bigger slap than the ShowEQ folks. One just looks, the other sees and affects. They are big differences, and one of them wont suffer any punishment ever.
Old 08-28-2011, 05:13 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feachie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
that's why nintendo power had a game masters hotline [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

also, demon souls.
I'll take your demon souls and raise you a Battletoads. Now that was a tough f`ing game.. The original Ghosts and Goblins was no cakewalk either, unless of course you used the ^, ^, v, v, <, >, <, >, B, A, Start code.. I beat G&G legit with my buddy though never Battletoads. I think I smashed that game with a hammer at one point.

And yes nintendo power was one of the few ways to get help. OMG.. Nintendo power. Friend had the power glove. Tried it with Metroid and took it off after 2 minutes. That thing sucked!
Old 08-28-2011, 05:15 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowEQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All "cheating" is not the same...

ShowEQ - You wont get caught
myShowEQ - You get this suspension
MQ - You get this suspension

ShowEQ is basically showing you maps.

MQ is basically full blow cheating.

You get smacked the same way for full blown cheating as seeing maps if you are a bad cheater.

You completely continue with an EXP bonus if you are a smart cheater.

I think the MQ folks deserve a bigger slap than the ShowEQ folks. One just looks, the other sees and affects. They are big differences, and one of them wont suffer any punishment ever.
Normally I wont bite troll posts that much, but this one is so tasty.

They're all 3rd party tools. They all provide a service that isn't native to EQ. That is cheating, because you have access to knowledge that someone else cannot hope to have without doing it also.

Your point about ShowEQ not effecting the client is true, but it still is a tool. For instance, if you had complete Database access to where rare mobs spawn and nobody else did, people would probably consider you a cheater. ShowEQ is kind of close to that based on the information it provides on a zone-by-zone basis.

The thing is though, and you do make this point, detection for ShowEQ done correctly is pretty much next to impossible. But that doesn't mean it's not cheating, nor should we consider it not. It paves the way for guilds to setup tracking bots in zones at all times, of any class. I have a big suspicion a lot of guilds took part in this dirty practice whether or not they believe it or not. Given that MQ2 usage for a while is out of the equation, it would be prudent to become a little more vigilant for a rise of SEQ users.

Originally from Tarew Marr. May it rest in peace, as it died to become Drinal :'(
Old 08-28-2011, 05:23 PM
Sarnak

listen i know im a cheater and sure these things gave me an advantage but u see i was basdically robin hood with infravision i gave the newbs my loot no disrespect thats how i am
Old 08-28-2011, 05:24 PM
Sarnak

im not rly tryin to condone the cheating but basically it didnt give me much advantage but i still used it for some reason
Old 08-28-2011, 05:26 PM
Sarnak

convenience i believe was the reason for using it im not double sure on that tho brb ghoul lord popped iwth yak
Old 08-28-2011, 05:48 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pico [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
convenience i believe was the reason for using it im not double sure on that tho brb ghoul lord popped iwth yak
I see what you did there..
Old 08-28-2011, 05:48 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Kobias,

You are right and I didn't try to distinguish one as cheating and another as not. I tried to say that one can do significantly more than the other and if you are smart then you are still running and will always be running showeq without any recourse.

So the cheating tools showeq, myshoweq, mq2, they are all cheating with significant differences in what someone can do but if you are using showeq you are still using showeq with a 50% exp bonus for being smarter than the myseq cheaters.

So I am saying the punishment should vary in some way equal to the tool. Especially since one of the tools is still being used by folks. And you bet the funny part is some of these haters are using the showeq tool rather than the myseq tool and making all these jack ass level funny claims about how happy they are everyone else got caught.

Either way you can bet anyone who wants to use showeq but didn't get banned is simply going to stop using myseq and dust off their linux skills and get showeq running again. At least those with enough ability to do it.

Either way, p1999 blue/red is just dealing with the idiots that run detectable tools and punishing the noobs more than the experts when it comes to cheaters. In the end I agree that do what you can, no point in not doing everything you can to remove the cheaters. But myseq and showeq are significantly different from mq2, you cant buff yourself with those. That is a huge difference.
Old 08-28-2011, 05:55 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheater [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll take your demon souls and raise you a Battletoads. Now that was a tough f`ing game.. The original Ghosts and Goblins was no cakewalk either, unless of course you used the ^, ^, v, v, <, >, <, >, B, A, Start code.. I beat G&G legit with my buddy though never Battletoads. I think I smashed that game with a hammer at one point.

And yes nintendo power was one of the few ways to get help. OMG.. Nintendo power. Friend had the power glove. Tried it with Metroid and took it off after 2 minutes. That thing sucked!
i call, and raise you rush n' attack.
Old 08-28-2011, 05:58 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowEQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kobias,

You are right and I didn't try to distinguish one as cheating and another as not. I tried to say that one can do significantly more than the other and if you are smart then you are still running and will always be running showeq without any recourse.

So the cheating tools showeq, myshoweq, mq2, they are all cheating with significant differences in what someone can do but if you are using showeq you are still using showeq with a 50% exp bonus for being smarter than the myseq cheaters.

So I am saying the punishment should vary in some way equal to the tool. Especially since one of the tools is still being used by folks. And you bet the funny part is some of these haters are using the showeq tool rather than the myseq tool and making all these jack ass level funny claims about how happy they are everyone else got caught.

Either way you can bet anyone who wants to use showeq but didn't get banned is simply going to stop using myseq and dust off their linux skills and get showeq running again. At least those with enough ability to do it.

Either way, p1999 blue/red is just dealing with the idiots that run detectable tools and punishing the noobs more than the experts when it comes to cheaters. In the end I agree that do what you can, no point in not doing everything you can to remove the cheaters. But myseq and showeq are significantly different from mq2, you cant buff yourself with those. That is a huge difference.
Fair enough, but the bonus as I understand it was a reward for those that didn't cheat.

I would agree if that punishment could be different, but in the end it kind of amounts to the same cheating mentality. MQ2's basic package as I've been told cannot provide maps that SEQ provides because P1999 blocks maps by setting expansion flag < Luclin. I bet there is a way around it, but it's probably something people paid cash for. Part of my ranting earlier in this thread was to point out kind of what your trying to say: Uber cheaters ought to have been punished more. But making that determination on such a large scale for each individual account is very cumbersome.

If there was a way to track SEQ users, it would be possible to do something about it. As it stands, the only way is to watch people and try to trick them with spawns and see how they react.

I think the moral of the whole story though is that: Cheaters beware [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Maybe your a SEQ user who slipped by this time, but they'll still be vigilant, and still be watching. You might enjoy your XP bonus now only to be banned later, when I imagine the penalty will be far less graceful.

Originally from Tarew Marr. May it rest in peace, as it died to become Drinal :'(
Closed Thread