Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 09:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runningfish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea this thread probably didn't need to be made since nothing serious actually happened. It wouldn't have turned into what it did if Alex hadn't approached it in the way he did. People wouldn't get pissed over a lowball offer but when a player is actively trying to deceive another player to get ahead it's something to get mad about. It surprises me that you don't take as much offense to this as the people hacking.
He approached it the way he did because its what he does, troll, and once again it worked rather well. Alot of sandy vaginas up in here, which is exactly what he was looking to evoke, he even stated this on the first page.

People need to get at least some measure off thick skin around here, this was a total non-event. Oh noes he made a fake offer!
Old 09-01-2011, 09:35 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagglebaron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He approached it the way he did because its what he does, troll, and once again it worked rather well. Alot of sandy vaginas up in here, which is exactly what he was looking to evoke, he even stated this on the first page.

People need to get at least some measure off thick skin around here, this was a total non-event. Oh noes he made a fake offer!
lol, I don't think anyone is really up in arms about. Some people just pointed out it's a douchey thing to do and then carried on with life.

Also, WTB escrow services you dirty little gnome
Old 09-01-2011, 09:37 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by soup [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol, I don't think anyone is really up in arms about. Some people just pointed out it's a douchey thing to do and then carried on with life.

Also, WTB escrow services you dirty little gnome
Haha anytime you need me baby
Old 09-01-2011, 09:45 PM
Large Bat

To those who asked where are the nice players: I have met many. There was the female bard in EC who gave me newbie gear. There was the wood elf in Riverdale who gave me a Sap of Piety. There was the barbarian warrior in Halas who equipped my wife's shaman. In each case, these players went out of their way to help a random newbie without being asked for anything.

To those who don't see why kindness and respect matters: You don't get it. This server will only last as long as people find others who are worth spending their spare time playing with. There are many other ways for people to spend that time. Each time you ninja loot, train, grief, cheat, or swear at another player, you are hurting the game and yourself. What is the point of having the most platinum on an empty server? Who will buy your uber item when noone is left? Who good is being level 60 when these noone to group with?

Although I admit hearing Purist whine is amusing, it isnt about us. It is the admin's I feel sorry for. They have poured countless hours into this project. They have to deal with these personalities each day. Then they have to watch as these people drive away the player base they work so hard for. And once the griefers only have each other to harrass, they move on, leaving the admin's with an empty server.

To the admins: Thank you for all of your hard work. May all of your griefers go LD and get grounded by their parents [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-01-2011, 09:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treylin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To those who asked where are the nice players: I have met many. There was the female bard in EC who gave me newbie gear. There was the wood elf in Riverdale who gave me a Sap of Piety. There was the barbarian warrior in Halas who equipped my wife's shaman. In each case, these players went out of their way to help a random newbie without being asked for anything.

To those who don't see why kindness and respect matters: You don't get it. This server will only last as long as people find others who are worth spending their spare time playing with. There are many other ways for people to spend that time. Each time you ninja loot, train, grief, cheat, or swear at another player, you are hurting the game and yourself. What is the point of having the most platinum on an empty server? Who will buy your uber item when noone is left? Who good is being level 60 when these noone to group with?

Although I admit hearing Purist whine is amusing, it isnt about us. It is the admin's I feel sorry for. They have poured countless hours into this project. They have to deal with these personalities each day. Then they have to watch as these people drive away the player base they work so hard for. And once the griefers only have each other to harrass, they move on, leaving the admin's with an empty server.

To the admins: Thank you for all of your hard work. May all of your griefers go LD and get grounded by their parents [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The problem with this server is that all these "Nice" people, tend to be singular acts of kindness. They aren't actually nice, its just that they did one good deed for the week.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treylin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Admittedly, I am new here. But I'm wondering if I had the wrong first impression about this server. Is this "clever ploy" considered acceptable behavior on P99? Is this typical of how P99 players treat one another?
most ppl are cool but once you get into high end content thats when you meet the douches aleast the ones that want to camp a window for 20 hours
Old 09-01-2011, 11:03 PM
Sarnak

Only thing that matters here is that Hagglebaron sold me my Goblin Gazughi Ring making me a very happy gnome!
Evilbaa Thesheep
Scoutbaa Thesheep
Stoutbaa Thesheep
<Infernus>
Old 09-01-2011, 11:23 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlvarex [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Back on live, there was always that 5% of that population you had to worry about. The kind of people who don't give a rats ass about anyone else, play 10 hours a day, then when they screw you over say "WTF man, it's just a game! lulz". Unfortunately, pretty much all of that original 5% play here at some point or another. Pretty much every PM or post I've gotten about an item usually ends up with me replying, and them "going on vacation for a week". However, I have posted items in EC Tunnel and had people find me in game.
What is sad is these people are now much older and still do not know how to be decent to other people. It's pretty pathetic really you should feel sorry for them.

One day they will realize nothing in the game really mattered but interaction with others and the same goes for life. You take nothing with you. What does a dying man or woman want? One last moment with the ones they love.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokfarg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What does a dying man or woman want?
I can't speak for anyone else but mine would be "not to die." Failing that, I want my life to explode from hot sexual overload.
Old 09-02-2011, 12:39 AM
Kobold

What a fail " prank " and way to get your own way... lol What a scheme for a 12 year old video game item to be sold with fake money. Some people really have nothing better to do lol.
Closed Thread