Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 09:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by snifs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
According to http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/

Your overweight...fatty
"The overlying issue is the same criteria for BMI are used across the board," said Joshua Ode, a Ph.D. student in the MSU Department of Kinesiology and an assistant professor of kinesiology at Saginaw Valley. "Whether you're an athlete or a 75-year-old man, all the same cut points are used."

"BMI should be used cautiously when classifying fatness, especially among college-age people," said Jim Pivarnik, an MSU professor of kinesiology and epidemiology. "It really doesn't do a good job of saying how fat a person really is."

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/64577.php
Old 04-12-2010, 10:02 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"The overlying issue is the same criteria for BMI are used across the board," said Joshua Ode, a Ph.D. student in the MSU Department of Kinesiology and an assistant professor of kinesiology at Saginaw Valley. "Whether you're an athlete or a 75-year-old man, all the same cut points are used."

"BMI should be used cautiously when classifying fatness, especially among college-age people," said Jim Pivarnik, an MSU professor of kinesiology and epidemiology. "It really doesn't do a good job of saying how fat a person really is."

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/64577.php
No crap, I'm 23, 5'9'' and 193 lbs. But also active duty army and work out 2x's a day... apparently, 163lbs is how much I "should" weigh according to that BMI calculator to fall under "normal" weight.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:03 PM
Kobold

Haha man I love us GC people! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

As for the xp bonus, who gives a shit, it's only for a week. In my opinion (which doesn't matter) it's a good thing. It's more a reward for all the newer(in the past month or so) players to help them miss the leveling time they would have gotten. It doesn't really take away much from classic. It doesn't even cancel out a troll SK's xp penalty for god sakes. It's only temporary. I for one will be lvling up an alt while I can.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:04 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Finawin

Quote:
Originally Posted by harojaro91 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Over the internet, size doesn't matter too much. I'm 10 hours away from you, are you going to come kick my ass?
Lol you're the one that brought size into it, moron.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:08 PM
Fire Giant

Lightbulb

will you all shut up and talk about the exp bonus rather than who is great at this or who's terrible at whatever, who is overweight and all the other nonsense? this thread is about the exp bonus so take your bullshit to the off topic boards.. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] what an idea!

kthx
Old 04-12-2010, 10:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finawin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you cry when someone steals your parking space?
This might be a bit old for some of you, but for those who get it, lulz should follow!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-12-2010, 10:10 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by xshayla701 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
will you all shut up and talk about the exp bonus rather than who is great at this or who's terrible at whatever, who is overweight and all the other nonsense? this thread is about the exp bonus so take your bullshit to the off topic boards.. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] what an idea!

kthx
But... but... I must fulfill my role as forum warrior!
Old 04-12-2010, 10:11 PM
Large Rat

I didn't read all these threads, but they might be doing it to make up for all the deaths that occurred due to lag. I doubt they want to have to go through and rez everyone.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barneystinson [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I didn't read all these threads, but they might be doing it to make up for all the deaths that occurred due to lag. I doubt they want to have to go through and rez everyone.
Wow that actually... makes sense. Why didn't I think of that?
Old 04-12-2010, 10:15 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This might be a bit old for some of you, but for those who get it, lulz should follow!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
= LOVE