Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Best Kunark era melee?
WAR 12 12.63%
PAL 6 6.32%
SHD 8 8.42%
MNK 38 40.00%
RNG 11 11.58%
ROG 20 21.05%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 10:51 PM
Kobold

Thanks to everyone for their input. I realize my question was very vague but I intended it that way so you could elaborate however you choose. It worked because I got the type of answers I was looking for.

I was told long prior to Kunark that SHD and PAL get OP in this expansion, but this seems to not be the case.

Also realize I chose to omit the BRD class because , well, I'm just not interested! I also have no desire to play a MNK.

So I guess my choices are :

Great DPS/Utility: ROG
Good DPS/Tank: WAR

Is it accurate to say that a fully geared ROG with epic will beat out a fully geared WAR with epic in DPS?
Old 10-27-2011, 09:23 AM
Planar Protector

An epiced rogue can probably do twice the dps of the best Velious geared warrior. The numbers are insane. Warrior epics are ok but mainly for taunt and stats.

Rogues will have problems doing much else though besides sneaking/CR. What I refer to as a tungsten carbide wood chisel: Amazing at a couple things and lacking versatility in others.
Old 10-27-2011, 11:37 AM
Planar Protector

Monk are OP in Kunark and Velious. I've seen parses (with P99 data) that show a monk is pretty much the best tank outside of a defensive warrior, and they'll only get better with Velious gear. Monks are also the best pullers, soloers, and top-3 melee DPS.

There is a reason both Thott and Furor went on massive rants about monks back in classic, and they will be valid again on this server. If you want to be the best overall melee, you will be a monk.

With that said, I still love my bard and hoping once I've got him where I want him that I can bring up my baby paladin. I have a lot of things I missed on Live with both of those that I want to see. **Dreams now about SSS, Primal Spear, PHF, ND, and FD.
Old 10-27-2011, 07:04 PM
Sarnak

Monk should be the best overall. Honorable mention for rogues if you really don't want to pull or tank, since you won't be asked to =).
Closed Thread