Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 08:17 PM
Large Rat

Default Which Class to play on P99

Hi all,

My first post here. I am going to make a new toon on the P99 server once it re launches this friday and I was wondering what classes are being overplayed / underplayed. I am debating whether or not i want to play a bard (only class i haven't gotten past 30). Would a bard be painful to level to 50, or are groups readily available on this server?

Any information would be appreciated and if i really like what u say u may get a kiss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Thanks,
Old 04-13-2010, 08:19 PM
Kobold

Bards aren't overplayed, that's for sure. You can easily find groups on the server as long as you don't mind occasionally traveling.

Bards are hybrids and get -40% exp, so keep that in mind.
Old 04-13-2010, 08:30 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Bards are hybrids and get -40% exp
Wow. That's pretty severe. Are any of the Bard races (wood elf, half elf, human) succeptable to xp penalties as well?
Old 04-13-2010, 09:44 PM
Kobold

No, bard races have no penalty that I'm aware of. And honestly lvling a bard isn't that bad except from 15-25ish. Once you get the healing song it makes lvling a bit easier for a while. Then when you realize you don't get double attack like all the rest of the melees, then it's get a bit slow unless you constantly get good groups. My tip is to group as much as possible(If you can't find one make one) and one great thing about a bard is they can group/duo with anyone. They will fit into almost any role.

But for the record, bards rock. They are very versatile and are very powerful if played right. The bard nerds out there claim bards are the best class around, which I can't argue with too much any more.
Last edited by Pikle; 04-13-2010 at 09:51 PM..
Old 04-13-2010, 10:40 PM
Orc

Bards are my "unicorn" I guess you could say. I have always wanted one, and they seem so powerful and awesome! But I am afraid that if I got my hands on one, I would be disappointed - or disappoint myself... I wish you luck!
Old 04-13-2010, 10:52 PM
Orc

Server needs tanks
Old 04-13-2010, 11:10 PM
Orc

I was just about to make a new thread with a poll on which class players play to serve as a visual representation; but then I got to thinking that we only ever see about 30ish people posting on these forums. That proves to be a problem because there are ~ 600+ players in P1999.

Personally, I have always been one to go the road less traveled. With that being said, I would suggest either:

Enchanter
Ranger
Warrior

Enchanters are few and far between from my experience, rangers are growing but their average level is quite low, and Warriors are hugely outnumbered by Paladins & SK's

On the other hand, if you were more for a versatile kind of person, you might want a class with more utility. For that I would suggest the following:

Necromancer
Paladin
Shadowknight
Bard
Ranger(ish)

Each of these have a multitude of utility abilities such as DPS, Tanking, & Healing (to an extent), as well as CC abilities.

If you are afraid of low populations, and would prefer something that can hold it's own, perhaps a more solo friendly class:

Necromancer
Druid
Shaman
Magician

Pets, &/or Heal/DPS abilities help single these out as solo friendly classes

Finally, if you are the opposite of the above, and would like to be guaranteed a group, then melee is the best bet (currently) but any of the following are vital in a group (In the correct order).

Warrior
Cleric
Druid
Paladin / Shadowknight
Rogue / Wizard

As stated above, the Warrior role is being filled by off-tanks, full tanks are still better. Cleric > Druid as far as heals go if done correctly. Pal & SK can fill many roles, and when a tank isn't available, there are many of these that are. Finally solid DPS can make or break a group; Rogue & Wiz can mean the difference between taking 1hr per lvl instead of 2.

(DISCLAIMER: The above is all opinion, and while readers have the right to disagree, please don't claim that I am "wrong". I have reasons for why I placed each in those categories)
Old 04-13-2010, 11:10 PM
Aviak

I am going brigand or swashbuckler
Old 04-14-2010, 12:27 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was just about to make a new thread with a poll on which class players play to serve as a visual representation; but then I got to thinking that we only ever see about 30ish people posting on these forums. That proves to be a problem because there are ~ 600+ players in P1999.

Personally, I have always been one to go the road less traveled. With that being said, I would suggest either:

Enchanter
Ranger
Warrior
Wizard

Enchanters are few and far between from my experience, rangers are growing but their average level is quite low, and Warriors are hugely outnumbered by Paladins & SK's

On the other hand, if you were more for a versatile kind of person, you might want a class with more utility. For that I would suggest the following:

Necromancer
Paladin
Shadowknight
Bard
Ranger(ish)

Each of these have a multitude of utility abilities such as DPS, Tanking, & Healing (to an extent), as well as CC abilities.

If you are afraid of low populations, and would prefer something that can hold it's own, perhaps a more solo friendly class:

Necromancer
Druid
Shaman
Magician

Pets, &/or Heal/DPS abilities help single these out as solo friendly classes

Finally, if you are the opposite of the above, and would like to be guaranteed a group, then melee is the best bet (currently) but any of the following are vital in a group (In the correct order).

Warrior
Cleric / Enchanter
Druid / Shaman
Paladin / Shadowknight
Rogue / Monk

As stated above, the Warrior role is being filled by off-tanks, full tanks are still better. Cleric > Druid as far as heals go if done correctly. Pal & SK can fill many roles, and when a tank isn't available, there are many of these that are. Finally solid DPS can make or break a group; Rogue & Wiz can mean the difference between taking 1hr per lvl instead of 2.

(DISCLAIMER: The above is all opinion, and while readers have the right to disagree, please don't claim that I am "wrong". I have reasons for why I placed each in those categories)
agree but changed three things.
Old 04-14-2010, 02:48 AM
Kobold

the bard is the class that you play until level 20 or so and then give up because it takes too much work.
Closed Thread