Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 01:22 AM
Aviak

^^ Good, thought so =)
Old 04-14-2010, 01:35 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe awareness is the issue? I know that most of the GMs are good people who have reason to dislike bigots, so I doubt it is from a lackadaisical attitude to bigotry.

I hereby pledge to help change this. Every time someone uses a bigoted term I am going to report it by using the ! in the top right corner, file a petition post in the petition forum, and start a thread in rants and flames calling them out.

If I am not alone, and others do this sort of thing as well, I think we can force the issue enough to where people will see bans happening, and just cut it the fuck out.
I'll click a little red button to stop having to read all the horrible, offensive, crap some people go through the trouble to type. The thing I hate most about certain posters on these forums (any forums really) is that most of the time they have no regards for the feelings of those they are NOT trying to insult.
Old 04-14-2010, 01:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll click a little red button to stop having to read all the horrible, offensive, crap some people go through the trouble to type. The thing I hate most about certain posters on these forums (any forums really) is that most of the time they have no regards for the feelings of those they are NOT trying to insult.
It would be better if you can post a petition thread about it instead I think.. I am not 100% sure that the ! posts are seen by all GM's.
Old 04-14-2010, 01:53 AM
Aviak

1.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
AKA I gave up and so should you =P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannacore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If only. Will never happen.
I wish!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevincheese [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is the internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaire100 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The phenomenon should just simply be ignored like in real life.
Actually, I tend to make use of my spine and confront people and issues, not shrivel when they get hard (lol omg).

2.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're a full grown adult and get riled up by tasteless "humor" or speech in general, you've got a rough life ahead of you.

I really don't care whether or not that language hurts your feelings, because if it does... you need to stop being a pussy.

<3
My post has nothing to do with "tasteless humor or speech in general". You're putting a strawman in my mouth and that's L-A-M-E. And so, allow me to reciprocate: You have just called Nilbog a pussy

3.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know that most of the GMs are good people who have reason to dislike bigots, so I doubt it is from a lackadaisical attitude to bigotry.

I hereby pledge to help change this. Every time someone uses a bigoted term I am going to report it by using the ! in the top right corner, file a petition post in the petition forum, and start a thread in rants and flames calling them out.
Word, sounds productive. No surprise that GMs haven't jumped on the chance to lurk the boards in search of severely ignorant bullshit to filter while their server is continuously nerd raged upon.

4.)

Can't believe how successful Kanor has been at trolling around as a stereotypical gay dude. Gratz, I guess.
Last edited by isitatomic; 04-14-2010 at 01:56 AM..
Old 04-14-2010, 02:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by isitatomic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Word, sounds productive. No surprise that GMs haven't jumped on the chance to lurk the boards in search of severely ignorant bullshit to filter while their server is continuously nerd raged upon.
Yeah, pretty much.

Also, if people want to bring bigots to my attention, I will be the asshole and make public call out posts. Just privately petition/report them, then send me a PM with a link, and I will report, petition, and make a RnF about them being bigots.
Old 04-14-2010, 02:41 AM
Kobold

The anonymity of the internet has bred some downright hateful shit and I don't think it's simply a matter of "lawl ignore it dude/dudette". Most of us are probably rather thick-skinned when it comes to certain slurs/jokes, but I'd be pretty mortified at some of the things said on here if I hadn't known what to expect. (not to mention if I found my younger brother reading some of these posts)
Old 04-14-2010, 05:09 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think hyper-sensitive, overly serious complainers are far more prevalent than truly intolerant people in our society these days.
I think isitatomic is a troll, an anti-troll, luring trolls into his troll lair by self-righteously calling the other trolls trolls.

You've all been trolled.
Old 04-14-2010, 05:21 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Maybe awareness is the issue? I know that most of the GMs are good people who have reason to dislike bigots, so I doubt it is from a lackadaisical attitude to bigotry.

If I am not alone, and others do this sort of thing as well, I think we can force the issue enough to where people will see bans happening, and just cut it the fuck out.
i salute you and award you +1 internets!
Old 04-14-2010, 06:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
you need to stop being a pussy.
This. My parents give me this same advice nearly constantly.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 04-14-2010, 06:41 AM
Planar Protector

Really? Someone's QQing over the language and bigotry?

Just grow up, why throw the toys out of the pram just because someone used a word you don't like? The reason people haven't been banned is because the GM's are sensible.

Hey, on an ideal forum in an ideal world there would be no arguments, and if there were, both parties would lay out their argument, pick logical flaws with their opposition's counter arguments, and after everyone has had their say, agree on who won or compromise.

This is the internet, and that doesn't happen. You disagree with someone and they're an idiot, they'll forego logic and call you a fag. In which case you should see that you're wasting your time on them and move on.

I enchant things...
Closed Thread