Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 10:49 AM
Fire Giant

Bond of death could (can) be dispelled off the victum and the necro. After the spell is cast though, both the effect and the recourse act independently of each other. I.E. you could bond of death a snake that is killed after the first tic, but your hp regen would continue for the full duration.
Old 10-29-2011, 10:52 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palemoon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Zone plugging does need to be delt with. It hinders zone control, as the person you are running off away from your camp just zone plugs and comes back 5 mins later as you settle back into your camp, rinse/repeat.
Oh noes! I might have to repeatedly defend my camp I just ran someone off of!

No different than a caster who gates. No different than someone who is bound really close coming back. This is just part of it. If you made them run once, you can do it again. I once sat at the zoneline for 40 minutes waiting for a guy to relog on SZ and killed him. He lol'd saying 'holy shit you really wanted me dead'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwoth View Post
What is griefing to you anyway? Getting killed without a white glove to the left cheek and a formal declaration of imminent fisticuffs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceros View Post
If you guys hadn't noticed, mimix ownz all, so just give in.
Old 10-29-2011, 11:06 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeYouMad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Golem wands aren't a problem, it's items like the spider net that probably cost 2 copper to recharge that are a problem:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=3674
Haven't tried recharging this one cause I couldn't be arsed farming a second one. Jailmaster almost never spawned for me and when he did he always had the shitty neck. Personally I think charge items should be left alone. It's basically like saying we should remove alchemy cause it's overpowered to have certain potions. Most alchemy potions are also much cheaper and easier to "recharge" then most clickers that are useful. If people spend the time to get recharge items, alchemy pots and whatever else then they deserve to use and recharge them.

The root clicky I really like cause it will help melee's fight outdoor vs Casters. Keep in mind that it's just a 3 charge item and it's probably only gonna hit 1 out of 3 times and then last a few seconds at most. But it can help melee's with removing SoW from targets when they are being chased which is kinda nice.

I don't think these click items have been used enough on the beta for people to have a big opinion about them either. Better to leave them be and if PVP gets ruined by "CLICK SPAM" then we can do something about it. But I'm sure it won't be. Already on beta you PVP so damn much that there is no chance in the world to keep up with camping clickers or recharging them for every fight and on live the action will increase way way more due to a lot more people playing. Also you only really use clickers against other dangerous opponents that also have them. No one wanna waste their charges on people they will most likely beat. The only times I use golem wands for example is when I go against the odds in 1v2 fights or if it's someone I know that might be a hard fight that most likely also have them. It's not like you spam off a few charges on a random you find camping Spectres in oasis that you'll destroy no matter what anyway.

Clickers are here so you can MAN UP and challenge a fight that is against the odds for the TRUE CHAMPIONS!

I bet no one here can even name a single fight on beta that was ruined by clickers. Personally I've only used them on people who never man up and just runs every time you fight them.
Old 10-29-2011, 11:15 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palemoon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Zone plugging does need to be delt with. It hinders zone control, as the person you are running off away from your camp just zone plugs and comes back 5 mins later as you settle back into your camp, rinse/repeat.
Fuck that. Who the hell cares if someone plug? I've never plugged once on Beta nor do I care if anyone plug on me. If they wanna plug and waste their time then I'm happy about it. Move on and find someone else to kill or continue with your camp. I don't really see the issue here...

There is loads of people with crash issues including myself and often when I chase people I crash while following them to the next zone. If the protection was removed then I could never ever chase anyone cause I would be to scared to zone. I'd even be scared to zone anywhere with the fear of crashing and someone standing at the other side. There is nothing more annoying then going LD and ending up dead and I rather not experience it a few times a day due to crashes.
Old 10-29-2011, 11:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can't remember beta name.
You forgot? Well log in real quick and tell us! What a douche bag..
Old 10-29-2011, 11:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimixownzall [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Who says you have to get a killing blow to win? To me winning is both killing them and making them flee like cowards.

"More fun for everyone" rofl don't try to blow smoke up my ass.

Let's face it. I guarantee 95% of the time people zone plug is due to them being outnumbered. The current resist system already alleviates the possibility of escape for those who are outnumbered. I'm not saying that a person facing a 1 on 2 should have a chance to win, but they should have a chance to get the hell out of dodge. The way it is now, if you have 2 people jump you, you might as well just stop and /loc.

What's next? Disable gate when engaged in pvp combat? If casters have a gate, then melee should be able to plug. It is classic.
This is a problem in a raid situation where the half the guild zone plugs and holds up your raid mob for 2 hours. You made them plug yes? You won. But there is nothing keeping them all coming back in at any moment after they plugged. I'm sorry something needs to be put in place to stop this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOD
"I will honor those who honor Me, but those who despise Me will be disgraced." HCSB 1 Samuel 2:30
Old 10-29-2011, 12:33 PM
Banned

[QUOTE=Lovely;448609]Haven't tried recharging this one cause I couldn't be arsed farming a second one. Jailmaster almost never spawned for me and when he did he always had the shitty neck.

wtf i got 3 nets and i never even got a frozen heart wtf why did you get your heart so fast
Old 10-29-2011, 12:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushmore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is a problem in a raid situation where the half the guild zone plugs and holds up your raid mob for 2 hours. You made them plug yes? You won. But there is nothing keeping them all coming back in at any moment after they plugged. I'm sorry something needs to be put in place to stop this.
if you want to stop this play on blue

in every pvp game something like that can happen , you now have to kill your mob with the imminent threat of pvp when you engage

you could either A Try him and fight mid boss ( Epic zek battles )
or B Run like a girl and do something else for an hour till they log on and leave

or C STFU And play on a pvp server and stop crying like a girlyman
Old 10-29-2011, 12:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aenor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What a douche bag..
Please refrain from personal attacks outside Rant and Flames.

We are trying to clean up this server and rid it of players like yourself, failmoon and softcore.
Old 10-29-2011, 12:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only thing I'm reliant on is Golem Wands.
The only thing Gloinz used of MQ was warping and speed-hacking.

So.... yeah i get your point. If you only exploit and cheat a little...it's ok.
Closed Thread