Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 02:00 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crenshinabon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, then the answer to this is simple. If every hardcore nerd in endgame has stacks of this shit I probably will stop playing along with every other semi casual player hoping to like this server.
You have no clue how long it takes to camp these things. It takes forever and ever to get that many. It's also nothing anyone in their right mind would use against semi casuals like yourself. These are things you use against the strongest players and guilds on the serer. No Hardcore "NERD" need these things to kill random semi casuals. It's enough to just poke them with class abilities and they die.
Old 10-29-2011, 02:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LOL. There is no rules here about recharging nor is there on Blue99. People are openly recharging items all over the place and every Developer and GM is aware of it and they do not mind it or they would have done something about it long long ago.
Thank you for this.

I've been making this point for months, and it seems to largely have gone unnoticed by the community, but will make it's way to the forefront in the months ahead.

A blue staff's understanding of the nature of their blue beast and the success than can follow is not synonymous with a blue staff understanding the nature of a red server.

If you are on staff and you do not yet understand why allowing exploits that have never been allowed (and always punished with perma-bans) on any server EVER live or emu (except p99 according to lovely), then you should pay attention.

Using OP class abilities, then making them instant, like 4-slot dispell and instant Lifetap on any class, anywhere, anytime, all the time is the best way to sabotage any semblance of balance or familiarity. If every class can use other classes semi-signature abilities all the time, then isn't that the WoW junk alot of you people who have wasted your time playing WoW complain about?

Again, as i've said before, if you are on staff and you really still think that blue and red servers are pretty much the same and what is/has worked on blue will work on red, then your body is not ready.

Apparently Lovely has had some recent success by cheating and exploiting other classes signature spells limitlessly. Imagine that. This recent success has translated into hubris and she/it now thinks she has been enlightened beyond the last 12 years of pvp programmers' and players' learned, tried and true, diehard-forged best practices.

Don't be fooled by a 4th rate skilless troll.
Old 10-29-2011, 02:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aenor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please refrain from making personal attacks against the devs I.E. Saying dynamic range was a "stupid" idea when the attempt was made in response to player input.

Also, I know reading is hard but the rules of the thread were state your in game name with your comments. Saying whoops I forgot my char name is retarded. Listen we know you have a learning disability it's ok just try to follow rules.
First of all you need to look up "personal". As a matter of scientifc and literary fact, the word "stupid" is an adjective describing the noun "idea". Scientifically and literarily speaking and factually for that matter, an idea cannot be a PERSON. The reason for this will take longer to explain than this forum has room or attention for. For now, just listen to those who know more than you, and can see past their own nose.

Second of all, I travel for a living. I do not pack up my computer that has eqemu installed on it on very many trips. Since there has been relatively no eq pvp for 7 months now, I wouldn't even be close to caring or remembering a beta name that i spent limited time on. Nor do i have the ability to access it currently. On a forum where the average intelligence is in the "dumb" range, and the attention span is 5 seconds and on a thread where the topic parameters are ignored by more than a few, I will follow the herd mentality.

Third of all, as you can see above you are consistantly wrong on more than a few topics. Some seem to think the pvp world was just invented and we have no past records and experiences from which to rely on. You can't seem to see past your nose, your imagination is lacking, while a few of us can see it from all sides, in and out, around and about - not because we are smarter than you - but because we are wiser.

Most topics on this forum have already been inspected, disected and settled over a decade ago, yet this community and staff acts as if they need to reinvent the wheel.

There is a reason the live staff created SZ. I've already spilled the beans as to why...the staff largely has been silent on that topic. They are about to find out, if they havn't figured it out already.
Old 10-29-2011, 02:38 PM
Banned

cool story bro
Old 10-29-2011, 02:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You make no sense.
Answer the question kid.

Quote:

If you respect the developers you shouldn't even be in this thread you dumbass. You don't even play the beta. So shoo shoo shoo
1. Thats exactly the thought that went through my mind when i first read your post that i responded to.

2. Please refrain from calling people names outside RnF. You don't want Failmoon and Softcore after you do you?

3. I don't have to play more beta than i've already played to know more than you about the beta concerning the topics i've addressed.

4. You aren't on my level kid.
Old 10-29-2011, 02:48 PM
Banned

red wood wands and golem wands are powerful

so are the other clickies

back when eq was young no one knew about that stuff

almost everyone on this site is a hardcore eq player and they are going to be very widely used in the game , its going to suck imo but thats just the way it is
Old 10-29-2011, 02:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
I don't wanna ding 50, get all gear I need and then be bored as fuck if there is no pvp action.
Did you condone level range pvp?

If so, yes you do wanna.
Old 10-29-2011, 03:04 PM
Sarnak

You guys wonder why the server keeps getting pushed back, it's because you can't fucking adhere to simple thread rules like this one. Instead of posting important information about the beta server that they want tested before server launch, you've been arguing for 10 pages about fucking golem wands and recharging clickies. Shut the fuck up and quit derailing the thread.
Old 10-29-2011, 03:05 PM
Fire Giant

There is no reason for me to discuss anything with someone that has nothing to do with this beta or the launch of the server. You contribute nothing and talking to you is just a waste of my time.
Old 10-29-2011, 03:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprinkle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
red wood wands and golem wands are powerful

so are the other clickies

back when eq was young no one knew about that stuff

almost everyone on this site is a hardcore eq player and they are going to be very widely used in the game , its going to suck imo but thats just the way it is
You hit on the reason why we need "custom classic" and not pure 1999 redo.

Everyone here knows every trick in the book and/or every griefing trick and exploit in the book.

So, we need the devs to give us "custom classic" to compensate for that, in the same vein they changed up and hide the new ZEMs on blue99.

We are all too hardcore for our own good and for the servers good. The devs will have to moderate things to balance the server out.
Closed Thread