Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 09:06 PM
Planar Protector

...and since I can't edit, let me just add:

There is too much sexist, bigoted and racist bullshit on this planet as it is.

Attempts at making it acceptable because it's the internet is just a copout by those who are afraid to do it face to face with whatever group they are attempting to insult.

I feel no pity for those that are banned for doing such.
Old 04-13-2010, 09:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderdale [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you are right and i am sorry. i am having p1999 withdrawals and am taking out my rage on zilo. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's cool, at least you are man enough to apologize and I respect that.
Old 04-14-2010, 12:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderdale [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i will act like a fucking racist retard.
It's not an act.

A thespian you are not.
Old 04-14-2010, 12:47 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i'm always like WUT

don't even have tHORNY vine arms
noobs even have thorny nice arms

p.s. wtf i want to play come back p1999

Asmoth (sloth reborn)
17 Human Shadowknight <Inglorious Basterds>

Krysanth Firemedic P99 Red
Rogue
Old 04-14-2010, 01:37 AM
Fire Giant

Richard Pryor only got away with it because he was black, let's not kid ourselves, he's a funny motherfucker but any white person telling the exact same jokes the exact same way would have been beaten to death. The internets is full of racial slurs and other such silliness. They are just words people shouldn't be so afraid of them.

That said, this is not the public internets. This is a privately owned/funded server/forums and there are rules. Despite what crying may accomplish, it's not a democracy and you can't say whatever you want without expecting to be treated accordingly. *shrug*
Old 04-14-2010, 02:27 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilena [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Richard Pryor only got away with it because he was black, let's not kid ourselves, he's a funny motherfucker but any white person telling the exact same jokes the exact same way would have been beaten to death.
Not even sure what you're trying to prove here. You think he's a funny motherfucker because he made you laugh. He managed to get a huge number of people to do that instead of pissing everyone off. Whether he was black or not, he was the first to walk that particular fine line and didn't fuck up. Accusing him of only being funny for doing something a white dude couldn't do is just bogus and framed incorrectly -- he was funny and got famous for doing something a black dude could finally do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilena [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The internets is full of racial slurs and other such silliness. They are just words people shouldn't be so afraid of them.
Opposition != fear. Quite the contrary. Racials slurs aren't fucking silly, they're a scourge.
Quote:
That said, this is not the public internets. This is a privately owned/funded server/forums and there are rules. Despite what crying may accomplish, it's not a democracy and you can't say whatever you want without expecting to be treated accordingly.
Yes, yes and yes. So let's enforce the rules, mmkay?
Old 04-14-2010, 10:55 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seriously, everyone should report this douche for obvious racism both in his statement and his fix'd of the quote. This is categorically against the rules, and I hope this community won't stand for it.

I swear you netlings are freaking two faced lol. I wish you would make that joke around some of the people from my neighborhood. It would be great fun to watch their reactions and your lame attempts to get up off the ground and apologize.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-14-2010, 11:17 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by isitatomic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not even sure what you're trying to prove here. You think he's a funny motherfucker because he made you laugh. He managed to get a huge number of people to do that instead of pissing everyone off. Whether he was black or not, he was the first to walk that particular fine line and didn't fuck up. Accusing him of only being funny for doing something a white dude couldn't do is just bogus and framed incorrectly -- he was funny and got famous for doing something a black dude could finally do.
My point is he didn't really walk a fine line. He said what he said and could get away with it BECAUSE he was black. No nonblack person could have walked that line. White people would probably have still found it funny, but black people would want to kill them.

At least it's still considered okay to make fun of white people and asians.
Closed Thread