Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 04:58 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via MSN to Jify

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humerox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was a 45/60 Bow with an effect iirc. POA Ranger quest. I think.
No "was" about it. Still in game to this day I believe. Just a somewhat difficult/lengthy quest.

And yes, the Mistwalker is eventually nerfed into "meh"ness. But hey! Right now Zilo is god, so it's pretty cool!
Old 04-16-2010, 05:01 PM
Fire Giant

What exactly do they nerf on it? The proc I am assuming?
Old 04-16-2010, 05:06 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What exactly do they nerf on it? The proc I am assuming?
The pet disappears after one round of melee attacks I believe. Right now it's like having a level 50 wolf pet throwing out 150s until something kills it.
Old 04-16-2010, 05:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordachai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
is the mistwalker going to be nerfed like it was on live? if so then it won't be all that
True (if so) but it is still your only access to a pet and quite possibly the funnest item in game imo.
Old 04-16-2010, 05:15 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zexa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The pet disappears after one round of melee attacks I believe. Right now it's like having a level 50 wolf pet throwing out 150s until something kills it.
Wow really? I had no idea it was that powerful right now.
I only ever saw the nerfed version, damn I want one too..
Old 04-16-2010, 05:15 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
True (if so) but it is still your only access to a pet and quite possibly the funnest item in game imo.
I concur, but I missed it in 99 and I missed it again this time around so I'm a little bitter about it and would rather just pretend it sucks!! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

also, the windstriker is awesome.
Old 04-16-2010, 05:17 PM
Orc

It's OP and trivializes content.
Old 04-16-2010, 07:18 PM
Aviak

lol you guys crack me up, hehe yes its awesome, but the pet has only 1 hp, so any mobe with a DS, the pet dies, its still fun to have a pet though as a ranger, but even after its nerfed. It will be a good weapon still (for a ranger at least) a druid, not soo much. i can get it to proc like 5 times per fight depending on the mob, so i mean 5x quads of 100+ in a battle (this is jus an example) still does aton of dps. so much like jify/doug said, its awesome that i am able to have one with the pet proc for now......either way i am happy =P but also a 10/25 isnt a bad ratio either. PS I have a briarzphyer to with also has the falcion look i put on my DE mask and i look like DRIZZT * !!!! <3*= Check spelling
BTW i tracked for lady vox that day for 8 hours straight the day she dropped it and had to deal with a druid getting the first MW from the Vox kill the week before. So i feel like i have definatly earned it, plus i share it with my fellow druid pals of IB <3

-Zilo Surefall of IB
# 1 Ranger on p1999
Old 04-16-2010, 07:26 PM
Aviak

^ Zilo is smart
Old 04-16-2010, 07:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zilo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
but the pet has only 1 hp

-Zilo Surefall of IB
# 1 Ranger on p1999
You can't buff the pet with sta/hp buffs from cle/shm?