Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 08:51 AM
Fire Giant

Default A thread about a forum moderator at some other EQ emulator

As stated, this thread is about a moderator at some other EQ emulator forum that I play on. The name doesn't matter. You wouldn't have heard about it. We're a really small community. But it definitely exists and this isn't about a moderator at P99.

Anyway, my original post was...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loke
I once heard [some guy you don't know] is a homosexual African American of the Jewish faith. Rumor is still unconfirmed. Recent excessive political correctness and snitching lead some to believe that [that same guy who you wouldn't know] may in fact possess female reproductive organs. Some have also speculated the possibility that irritable behavior may be linked to the presence of granular material composed of finely divided rock and mineral particles in the aforementioned female genitalia.

More information to follow as it becomes available.
This comment was poking fun at someone for being what I felt was being a bit dramatic when it came to political correctness. It wasn't serious and the individual even sent me a message stating he didn't report it after I had mentioned I got reported.

Anyway, then me and an unnamed mod that this other EQ emulator that you've never heard of but definitely exists had this interaction....

Quote:
What that I said was inappropriate or insulting? All of my terms were politically correct and if someone is offended by being called African America, Jewish, Homosexual or a woman, I would submit they are the one who is acting inappropriate.

Unless I hear back from you, I'm going to continue to assume that my conduct was indeed appropriate and will continue to act accordingly. I refuse to accept that anything I said was even remotely inappropriate given my specific intent was excessive political correctness for the very reason that [that one guy you don't know but is real and doesn't play on P99] is so overly sensitive to that sort of thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModYouWouldntKnow
You are pointing out a quality in [that real person who isn't someone who plays on P99] that you obviously feel is a negative trait then go on to claim that this particular negative trait is a female quality.

I call that stereotyping and sexism.
Quote:
So associating any negative trait of any kind with any group of people can be considered sexism, racism, etc and should be reported and violated? That is simply ridiculous and you know it. People talk like that every single day. I wasn't dropping the N-word or even swearing, in fact the over the top political correctness was the goal. Associating a negative trait with certain groups, most notably in jest (such as my post), is actually the foundation on which numerous actors, directors, comedians, etc have built their entire careers. They are shown on commercials and television shows on a daily basis. If your threshold for inappropriate language is at such an extremely low level, I sincerely pity you because you must simply be the most emotionally distraught person in the world considering the countless vastly more offensive speech and actions that occur in every day life on a regular basis.

Now I may be drunk, but this level of censorship almost makes me want to contact the ACLU. While of course they cannot do anything, the drastic-ness of this situation calls for an equally drastic and irrational response. I have every confidence you will not be hearing from their lawyers.
I just wanted to post this here to applaud Project1999 mods for not giving out ridiculous warnings. In the unlike event someone here would do that, I'm certain that they would at least be quite to realize the aforementioned ridiculousness and not try to grasp for straws by saying my association of potentially negative character traits such as over sensitivity with the female gender is some how offensive enough to warrant a text based scolding.

I strongly suggest that people who play on that other EQ emulator that you and they themselves have never heard of, but that definitely, definitely exists and isn't made up for the sole purpose of lawyering the rules, a move that I know most certainly would rustle a few feathers. Much like a black woman in the 60s rustled some feathers when she flaunted the rules and sat in the front of a bus instead of moving to the back. Now, I'm not saying that by lawyering the rules I'm some how akin to Rosa Parks through our shared use of civil disobedience.... because I am talking about another EQ emulator and not this and am not lawyering the rules, so you just put that idea to rest right now!

Anyway, this is all actually like a month old, but I haven't checked this forever and just noticed the reply tonight.

I AM OUTRAGED [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-03-2011, 09:25 AM
Planar Protector

some people just don't have a sense of humor.

or brains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
if your reason to be here is to ruin other peoples experiences and grief them off the server, then not only do you not deserve the privilege of playing here, but i will remove your ability to do so.
Old 12-03-2011, 09:52 AM
Planar Protector

forum mods are often blinded by the
Quote:
aforementioned female genitalia
Old 12-03-2011, 09:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As stated, this thread is about a moderator at some other EQ emulator forum that I play on. The name doesn't matter. You wouldn't have heard about it. We're a really small community. But it definitely exists and this isn't about a moderator at P99.

Anyway, my original post was...

This comment was poking fun at someone for being what I felt was being a bit dramatic when it came to political correctness. It wasn't serious and the individual even sent me a message stating he didn't report it after I had mentioned I got reported.

Anyway, then me and an unnamed mod that this other EQ emulator that you've never heard of but definitely exists had this interaction....

I just wanted to post this here to applaud Project1999 mods for not giving out ridiculous warnings. In the unlike event someone here would do that, I'm certain that they would at least be quite to realize the aforementioned ridiculousness and not try to grasp for straws by saying my association of potentially negative character traits such as over sensitivity with the female gender is some how offensive enough to warrant a text based scolding.

I strongly suggest that people who play on that other EQ emulator that you and they themselves have never heard of, but that definitely, definitely exists and isn't made up for the sole purpose of lawyering the rules, a move that I know most certainly would rustle a few feathers. Much like a black woman in the 60s rustled some feathers when she flaunted the rules and sat in the front of a bus instead of moving to the back. Now, I'm not saying that by lawyering the rules I'm some how akin to Rosa Parks through our shared use of civil disobedience.... because I am talking about another EQ emulator and not this and am not lawyering the rules, so you just put that idea to rest right now!

Anyway, this is all actually like a month old, but I haven't checked this forever and just noticed the reply tonight.

I AM OUTRAGED [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One of my friends is a gay black jew...if dude didn't have a sense of humor he'd have no friends.
Old 12-03-2011, 10:10 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnnoiaII [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One of my friends is a gay black jew...if dude didn't have a sense of humor he'd have no friends.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzWHE32IxUc&ob=av2e
Old 12-03-2011, 10:55 AM
Planar Protector

God damnit Loke. I am gay, black, and Jewish, and my body includes ambiguous and hermaphroditic genitalia. I also have no sense of humor. QUIT MAKING FUN OF ME!!!

/runsoffandcries
Old 12-03-2011, 10:56 AM
Planar Protector

YOU'RE A HORRIBLE MONSTER!!!