Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 04:14 AM
Kobold

Default Server was rushed

Just a quick rant about the state of this server. We were told that it would take "as long as needed" to properly test and setup this server. Instead staff caved to angsty nerd pressure and released it something like 1-2 months after beta went up.

Tons of non-classic changes and bugs have been left in that essentially make this a custom server. I mean, for fucks sake.. you can't even break line of sight on spells to interrupt them? That alone should have delayed release of server. It puts melees at a huge disadvantage and just generally changes the entire dynamic of PvP especially in dungeons.

This "classic PvP" server was rushed out and is far from classic even in the most trivial ways. I was really excited for EQ PvP and I've been poop socking it so hard that only now am I starting to realize this server doesn't really have good PvP because of these problems.
Old 12-09-2011, 04:15 AM
Planar Protector

buffs staying in same slot on rebuff def not classic!!!
Old 12-09-2011, 04:24 AM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Truth Send a message via AIM to Truth Send a message via MSN to Truth Send a message via Yahoo to Truth

OP is clearly troll we waited like 6 months just for beta which was like a month and a half
Old 12-09-2011, 04:40 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OP is clearly troll we waited like 6 months just for beta which was like a month and a half
Yeah, and we were told beta would last as long as necessary.. which obviously didn't happen unless the goal was to release a buggy unfinished non-classic PvP server where whoever exploits the most wins. Mission accomplished? As much as I don't care about Cast's crying in his thread that kind of is the situation we have now. Really this is the same situation I've always complained about with P99.

There is a ton of bugs everyone wants fixed but the staff size continues to remain stagnant. I've stated multiple times I would be willing to develop code for this server if a straightforward process was laid out about how to see a bug list, look at the code and develop a fix, and submit it for consideration. Instead I'm just told that if someone wants to contribute code they can "figure it out." I still believe there is a huge resource of people who would contribute to this project if it was made possible and we would have a much better game as a result. I do admit security is a big concern though so if that is being deemed more important than community interaction that's fine. Like I said this is just a small rant about the situation.
Old 12-09-2011, 07:06 AM
Planar Protector

gotta love all the idiots feeling their input is valuable after the server release when there was a over a month of beta.

server is fine, you are arguing over minor things.

the line of sight was fixed due to spell casters not being able to do anything in classic if it was like original.

right now line of sight removed 50% of the range, so if you're not entirely bad at the game you just run away a little bit from the wall and you get out of spell casting range
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Old 12-09-2011, 06:38 PM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Truth Send a message via AIM to Truth Send a message via MSN to Truth Send a message via Yahoo to Truth

is it confirmed the 50% los rules?
Old 12-09-2011, 07:21 PM
Planar Protector

Smedy telling it like it is. Praise.
Old 12-09-2011, 07:25 PM
Planar Protector

clearly gm favouritism since smedy is in imaginary friends!
Old 12-09-2011, 07:27 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smedy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
gotta love all the idiots feeling their input is valuable after the server release when there was a over a month of beta.
Tell it like it is BigSwedeJesus.
RIP Madamm <Happy Little Hug Factory>
Old 12-09-2011, 08:08 PM
VIP / Contributor

Wipe it Clean!
Closed Thread