Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 11:24 PM
Orc

We should have made a poll! with how people are saying server is dying fast, makes you not want to grind 200 hours to see it die the next day
Last edited by veto; 12-19-2011 at 11:26 PM..
Old 12-19-2011, 11:27 PM
Kobold

I don't see how its a slap in the face for the people that grinded, sure in some ways it devalues their time, but.. if it promotes server pop and server health, they would be for it right? or is being the almighty hardcore but only person on the server really THAT worth it?
Old 12-19-2011, 11:34 PM
Planar Protector

why is everyone so down about the population?

Currently 268 people online still grinding there asses off. VZTZ never hit 268 "oh yeah Rushmore you don't know what the fuck you talkin bout boy"

That was 2 boxing. Max population ever was 150ish and that's borderline lying.

Never change the overall xp it takes to get to 50. Just maybe look at the possibility of throwing it harder on the back end.

We only need around 150 level 50's that consistently play. I figure half of that would always be logged on to PVP.

I play this game for the 30 vs 30 raid pvp for raid mobs mostly. And 30 + 30 is 60. Keep lvling pals!
Old 12-19-2011, 11:48 PM
Planar Protector

Well now that we've learned a lot from this failed experiment (BETA 2.0)

Solution: Wipe, raise exp rate, and fix all the shits that were exploited.

it's like you make the atomic bomb (server) and you don't want to let other countries (guilds) have nuclear secrets (under the radar information). it's gm's business and no one else's or else everyone gets nuked. letting Iran or North Korea beta test and keep the successful nukes, makes other countries uncomfortable.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daefuin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would be down for a SZ style 20% or so exp boost. I think it's enough to hrlp boost thr population without being detrimental to the server.

What say you
I Second this Motion.

This feels slower than live ever felt for me but no telling I knew nothing about the game and was exploring a new world....
Old 12-20-2011, 12:34 AM
Kobold

Here's the sad reality guys...

Almost everyone who played EQ before, currently has a life. Jobs, children, relationships, and so on. That doesn't leave much room for MMORPGs.

There's no adjustments that can be made to exp or anything about the servers that will increase population.

The only way to increase population is proper advertising and marketing of Project 1999. There are literally millions of people out there looking for free video games and MMOs specifically. Stop trying to draw EQ players, that has already been tapped, instead focusing on gamers in general who may have never even heard of EQ but want free games to play.

There is one major problem between this huge market of potential players and Project 1999.

Project 1999 does not have the rights to distribute the client, they have to tell you to go find it yourself. The average person is not going to think, "Hmm.. maybe I'll try this game out.. Oh, it says I need to buy it? I'll go download it instead..."

The average person is going to think, "Hmm.. maybe I'll try this game out.. Oh, it says I need to buy it? *clicks back button and goes to the other 10,000,000,000 free games available where you can click play and it just works*"

I've said this before and I'll say it again...

The only way to increase population is if someone not associated with P99 creates a website where you can download the client or at least link directly to a torrent, preferably a custom created torrent for an EQ install that already has the required changes and launcher preinstalled, and then advertises that website instead of project1999.org. This creates a legal buffer between Project 1999 and the customer which allows the "one click" option to get people started here.

No one who hasn't heard of EQ wants to download a torrent, download two patches, extract them into the install directory after completing the install, create an EQEmu forum account, create an EQEmu login account, edit the host file, and then create a shortcut with a -patchme option in it. Are you fucking kidding me?

Resolving this down to clicking a download link and extracting an EverQuest folder that has all required changes and the P99 launcher that automatically updates the required files and then a SINGLE account signup process and then doing some basic advertising like posting a link on gaming forums would cause the population to skyrocket.
Old 12-20-2011, 12:35 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushmore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
why is everyone so down about the population?

Currently 268 people online still grinding there asses off. VZTZ never hit 268 "oh yeah Rushmore you don't know what the fuck you talkin bout boy"

That was 2 boxing. Max population ever was 150ish and that's borderline lying.

Never change the overall xp it takes to get to 50. Just maybe look at the possibility of throwing it harder on the back end.

We only need around 150 level 50's that consistently play. I figure half of that would always be logged on to PVP.

I play this game for the 30 vs 30 raid pvp for raid mobs mostly. And 30 + 30 is 60. Keep lvling pals!

Rofl i find it funny how 2 weeks ago on the population pummeling thread someone brought up the same argument....but with different numbers. I think the person said " everything over 300 non boxing players is very good. I dont know why you guys are bitching" wasnt that you maybe? Ill have to dig it out.
Old 12-20-2011, 12:36 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotstud [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Almost everyone who played EQ before, currently has a life. Jobs, children, relationships, and so on. That doesn't leave much room for MMORPGs.

There's no adjustments that can be made to exp or anything about the servers that will increase population.

The only way to increase population is proper advertising and marketing of Project 1999. There are literally millions of people out there looking for free video games and MMOs specifically. Stop trying to draw EQ players, that has already been tapped, instead focusing on gamers in general who may have never even heard of EQ but want free games to play.

There is one major problem between this huge market of potential players and Project 1999.

Project 1999 does not have the rights to distribute the client, they have to tell you to go find it yourself. The average person is not going to think, "Hmm.. maybe I'll try this game out.. Oh, it says I need to buy it? I'll go download it instead..."

The average person is going to think, "Hmm.. maybe I'll try this game out.. Oh, it says I need to buy it? *clicks back button and goes to the other 10,000,000,000 free games available where you can click play and it just works*"

I've said this before and I'll say it again...

The only way to increase population is if someone not associated with P99 creates a website where you can download the client or at least link directly to a torrent, preferably a custom created torrent for an EQ install that already has the required changes and launcher preinstalled, and then advertises that website instead of project1999.org. This creates a legal buffer between Project 1999 and the customer which allows the "one click" option to get people started here.

No one who hasn't heard of EQ wants to download a torrent, download two patches, extract them into the install directory after completing the install, create an EQEmu forum account, create an EQEmu login account, edit the host file, and then create a shortcut with a -patchme option in it. Are you fucking kidding me?

Resolving this down to clicking a download link and extracting an EverQuest folder that has all required changes and the P99 launcher that automatically updates the required files and then a SINGLE account signup process and then doing some basic advertising like posting a link on gaming forums would cause the population to skyrocket.
Old 12-20-2011, 12:44 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotstud [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Lol I would have never guessed that with some of the play time I seen on the server
Old 12-20-2011, 12:47 AM
Planar Protector

Closed Thread