Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 09:44 AM
Sarnak

Default What toon should i be pals?

Havent played in a long long time, what should i make?

Thinkin SK, or maybe Warr.... or something i can solo farm with to make loads of plat? Any vets out there to give me some advice? Thanks!
Old 01-28-2012, 10:19 AM
Fire Giant

Well if you're wanting to solo at all, warrior is right out.

SK aren't BAD solo, but unless you've got 20k sitting around to twink with they will be awfully slow to get leveled (and even then they aren't speedy levelers, given the exp penalty).

As far as solo farming to make money? Necro, mage, druid, wizard, shaman, enchanter, bard can all accomplish that pretty damn easily.
Last edited by fischsemmel; 01-28-2012 at 10:25 AM..
Old 01-28-2012, 12:50 PM
Sarnak

Your linguistics reminds me of the taco bell guy that used to post all time. Is that you?
Old 01-28-2012, 01:08 PM
Kobold

no gear and limited groups might be tough for a war / SK.

I'd go with a solo class if there is one that interests you.
Old 01-28-2012, 08:58 PM
Sarnak

Default L

Do sks still get grps? When I played monks tanked everything. And no I'm not a taco. Maybe gonna do sk de just cuz they look pimp not cuz they are good or anything
Old 01-28-2012, 09:44 PM
Kobold

Send a message via AIM to Dravingar

Pretty much everything except a solo class is gonna be painful and brutal to level up.
Old 01-28-2012, 10:44 PM
Fire Giant

SKs get groups as much as any non-cleric/non-enchanter does, I guess.

During primetime there are enough groups around that you usually can find one, but they are harder to come by the rest of the day. Best bet would be to make friends with every non-terrible shaman and cleric you see so that you can hunt them down and duo with them until you put a whole group together.

Personally I think grouping is lame on this server. I don't know if the group bonus isn't nice enough or if people just suck at playing in groups or groups are always in the wrong locations or what... but with anything except a rogue or a warrior, I'd rather solo on here for faster xp and less effort.
Old 01-29-2012, 02:22 PM
Planar Protector

The game as it is now pretty much sucks making a class that is pretty bad at solo. Warrior, Rogue, Wizzy, SK, even maybe a Paladin are slow as heck.

Between being in groups where half are AFK or need to go etc, or just noobs and pretty bad, not really their fault, everyone was a noob at one time makes being dependant on grouping makes you want to pull your hair out. But this game does need a lot more tanks. The Hybred XP penality is a killer, both solo and in a group.

But like a ton of people have said on these forums just play what class you like and enjoy. I even like my Ranger. I know, I am crazy.
Old 01-29-2012, 10:00 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrunner5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The game as it is now pretty much sucks making a class that is pretty bad at solo. Warrior, Rogue, Wizzy, SK, even maybe a Paladin are slow as heck.

Between being in groups where half are AFK or need to go etc, or just noobs and pretty bad, not really their fault, everyone was a noob at one time makes being dependant on grouping makes you want to pull your hair out. But this game does need a lot more tanks. The Hybred XP penality is a killer, both solo and in a group.

But like a ton of people have said on these forums just play what class you like and enjoy. I even like my Ranger. I know, I am crazy.
Only thing I disagree with is wizards being bad at solo. They aren't blazing through the levels like a solo necro or ae bard, but they are legs, torso, head, and shoulders above rogue and warrior solo.

Wizards have a lot of downtime, sure. But for some people that works nicely. Blow all your mana in 1-2 minutes killing a mob or two (or a quad), go afk for 10 min doing things around the house while you med up, rinse and repeat. Works especially nice with racial hide from dark elves!
Old 01-30-2012, 10:24 AM
Planar Protector

I agree Wizzards are a lot of fun and can solo well. But Wizzards and Rangers are the least populated classes on here for a reason. They both pretty much suck in a group and they both have a lot of downtime. Wizzards with mana and Rangers with corpse retrivial.

A wizzy can get the job done. Lovely was the first person as a Wizzy to get to level 50 on Red server. And there still is no 50 Ranger on Red yet that I know of.
Last edited by webrunner5; 01-30-2012 at 10:28 AM..
Closed Thread