Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 12:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pojab [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
wow you can still play as a dev? no wonder rules are being arbitrarily enforced.
ridiculous!
Old 01-10-2012, 02:06 AM
Sarnak

This server failed b/c I didn't play here. We can go ahead and close this thread now.
Old 01-10-2012, 02:09 AM
Orc

I don't think this server has failed at all, it seems to be thriving if your part of the Greater-Fay community.
Last edited by Gorgoloth; 01-10-2012 at 02:10 AM.. Reason: **to be thriving
Old 01-10-2012, 02:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorgoloth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think this server has failed at all, it seems to be thriving if your part of the Greater-Fay community.
kelefornia my *****
Old 01-10-2012, 02:25 AM
Banned

Who the hell is Jon Lemon (no offense Jon Lemon)
Old 01-10-2012, 03:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Who the hell is Jon Lemon (no offense Jon Lemon)
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-10-2012, 04:02 AM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-14-2012, 10:40 PM
Banned

Lets revisit all of the points brought up in the OP because shit still buggered
Old 02-14-2012, 10:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xblade724 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Agreed. I love the devs, but this is true. A simple "we're working on these major things.." sticky would take out 50% of the trolls on this forum and reassure us that we aren't being ignored. What appears to be little things may be big enough for others to quit -- perhaps just a little response from the devs saying "xx will be fixed next patch in a few weeks" may have kept hundreds of people here.

When I saw a dev respond to global chat, the response was this, and I actually found the original quote:

..This is not a zerg community at this point, or even the point when this was posted (not that long ago). How often do you honestly think spammers would occur? Perhaps constant retardation, but that's every zone, even in RL. With such little population (especially those that play aruond my time, late Hawaii time), the community NEEDS global ooc.

Agreed. You have to realize that most people joined this server came FROM p99 blue -- they've already had the "classic experience" and the grind. They want some action, or why the hell would they give up their p99 blue character for this new identical classic server, but with pvp?

It sounds bad in the books, but REALISTICALLY, take away hybrid penalties (initially it was thought more like D&D style where hybrids are better than others... but that really isn't the case, which is why they later removed these penalties on live) and boost up the exp more.

Personally, I think RZ ruleset would have been a lot better. Hell, even if you bagged all your stuff, you lose coin, reputation, you spawn at your bind point, spend 10 minutes to med up, and then you run back NAKED to a well equipped individual prepared for your arrival that you are already outmatched for when GEARED, alas you are naked vs this pker that already won vs you the first time! There are significant penalties for dying even if everything is bagged. Especially at higher lvls when people stray away from bind points.

Zerg rushers? Lol, what the hell are they gonna do? If you die in pvp and you spawn next to the person that killed you, you are OUT OF MANA!!!! What the hell can they do ?? If it's melee, they can only bind in cities, so it's no biggie.

I'm FOR selective adherence when it comes to improving gameplay (+exp, LFG tools, chat..) but major game changing mechanics that only effect 1 class, allowing the common wizard to dominate everyone instead of it being a rarity, is ridiculous - this was something major that had no reason to be here; I'd consider it almost a bug. This should have been removed from inventory, removed from game asap. Maybe throw in a goodie to make up for their work so they don't cry.

But when it comes down to it, this server should use classic as a GUIDELINE and a TOOL, not 100% - things have changed over these years, including our ages and free time. This needs to be considered and changes need to be accepted if it will give us an overall better experience playing.

Agreed. Leaderboard , not sure how hard that'd be to implement... but I am definitely for RZ ruleset. Hell you since the items are so selective, if you are SMART about your surroundings, you will never lose an item! This creates excitement though, knowing that someone could have forgot to bag a precious item. It's like a "rare drop" from a PC! Makes the game very thrillseeking when pvping. If anything, you know you dropped them to their bind points and they lost all their mana instead of feeling bad that they just lost exp and you gained nothing from it.

Losing xp is DEMORALIZING, but losing an item just makes you want revenge, which is fun for pvp. Exciting to announce to zone the trolls of treasure obtained from someone with a nice screenshot attached.

Agreed. This is.... no words. Just, agreed ^

I believe the server CAN RECOVER if action is taken!

* I believe that most this server came from blue p99 and have already experienced the classic experience (grind) and want some action! +exp boost

* People want to group with their friends and have a reason to group with others! +grouping bonus

* People want to play the class they enjoy the most and NOT get extremely out leveled by their friends! Hybrid penalties? Remove them!

* A community, especially small, wants to know they are being heard. Spend 5 minutes a month to create a sticky showing what you are working on! Show us we are being heard!

* FIX RESIST SYSTEM

* Create a special "come back" promotion and put it on the blue MOTD! Maybe have a GM event or two during this time, put a fireworks npc or something fun in west freeport for some come back event thing, offer the blues that if they get a lvl 50 on red, they get a title "of rallos zek, of tallon zek, etc" ... chances are if they played to level 50 on red, they WONT return. Just some easy promotions that don't really effect the game in whole. Make it sound exciting like when we were all excited pre-launch! Overall, just make people feel excited to return and try all the new changes that people want! How many people are still back on p99 thinking guards still don't assist?

Imagine a big motd on blue "Try P99 RED come-back event! PERMANENT +exp boost, +exp grouping bonus, global ooc, stickied upcoming patch notes, and revamped pvp system (RZ rules? Eh, whatever it is)! If you have the courage to get lvl 50, receive a special title on blue server!"

Have a little faith .. although the devs need to have this faith too for this to work [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

(Edit: If CASTER is not trolling this thread, than you know it's serious business.)

Edit 2: I'd also like to add that super small bugs that can fixed rapidly, such as Boastful Bellow knockback, that have been announced for countless amounts of time, should be updated before something like ninja patching the Isle Madman in Eruds Crossing to be scowl instead of dubious... I believe that priorities need to be better.

Still a chance for people to come back.

People seeing these problems fixed in the patch notes will return. Period.

Hell one of the issues with the dragons is something blue needs fixed anyways.
Old 04-01-2012, 04:14 PM
Orc

Back to blue for me..there's just not enough people on red and it takes way too long to find a xp group at lower levels.
Closed Thread