Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 02:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Once there is an official ruling on it being an exploit, I'm sure it will stop being done.
Its an exploit. Its not supposed to reset targets health. An exploit is an exploit from the moment it is shown to exist, not when there is "a ruling". Its well known, and the bug currently has a certain guild throwing multiple enchanters at opponents mobs. From the previous posts here it looks to be guild sponsored organized exploiting. Many times. Pretty flagrant.

Claiming ignorance of the law is no excuse.
Last edited by Raavak; 02-29-2012 at 03:16 PM..
Old 02-29-2012, 03:26 PM
Sarnak

Just scrolling through the forums: this post needs links. Evidence. Because suggesting that scripted encounters do no reset to 100% can potentially open up a whole new slew of exploits on encounters: preventing vox and gore from CHing during a normal encounter for example.

One could also check in with our fellow gamers on eqmac to see how it functions there, though that only gives us an idea of how it functioned in 2002.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:32 PM
Sarnak

I'm sorry but how does the spell Complete Healing and its mechanics have any relevance to memblur? I fail to see your point at all.

And as for evidence, it is common knowledge that memblur caused a mob to reset on live, but their HP regenerated at a roughly 5% HP rate per second of being unengaged, it didn't completely revert back to 100% immediately.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:39 PM
Sarnak

I could have sworn mem blur caused casting to be interrupted. If not then nm.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:40 PM
Kobold

I find it unbelievable that vd's policy is to exploit as much as possible until a gm punishes them, and then claim ignorance. Honestly this is even stupider than the people complaining about getting suspended for exploiting pathing in blackburrow and claiming they thought it was okay because others did it first.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:48 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Versus

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was done by a different guild on Talendor as shown above and was never ruled an exploit, so it is being considered fair game in a non-CSR-assist zone until ruled otherwise.

Either way, an official response would be appreciated so we know how to proceed within the scope of the server rules.
For the record, that was our pull. We had FTE and therefore can cast whatever spells we want on the mob. IB/VD stole it off our puller. That's why nothing was ever done about it.

Kolored on Red.

Old 02-29-2012, 03:50 PM
Planar Protector

I have a huge penis.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:53 PM
Large Rat

ITT: VD stands up to bullies, bullies cry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a huge penis.
This is not a bug, its a common trait given to us by the 7th Hammer
Old 02-29-2012, 03:58 PM
Fire Giant

I am glad to see that you are admiting to using a known bug/exploit to gain a unfair advantage on a raid target you dont plan on engaging. I hope the ban hammer comes down on your entire guild for using such exploit with the aid of 7 to 8 guild members.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:13 PM
Planar Protector

Memblur isn't supposed to completely heal any thing.

Using memblur to do this is exploiting a bug no matter how you look at it.

GMs not ruling on a past incident on this does not mean it's not against the rules.

There have been plenty of other rules broken that haven't been ruled on, or are we to believe that they are also now legal?

Want a ruling on it? search for where Uthgaard said it was in the code for whatever reason and where Rogean said that raid targets+ were going to get flagged for charm and memblur immunity.

Exploiting a bug because it hasn't been ruled on doesn't make it legal yo. Keep doing it tho.
Closed Thread