Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 12:28 AM
Sarnak

Default Brother Balatin

is working as intended. ~6 minute spawn time. PHer is a plaguebone skeleton on the top of one of the smaller wizard spires in DL. Brother Balatin is undead and will agro you.
Last edited by Daliant17447; 03-17-2012 at 06:19 AM..
Old 03-10-2012, 04:03 AM
Developer

Aggro is working as intended.
Old 03-10-2012, 06:10 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Versus

Charm also works for MQ

Kolored on Red.

Old 03-15-2012, 11:18 PM
Aviak

Is Brother Balatin working as intended yet? He's not up ATM and I'm wondering if I should be hanging around waiting for him to spawn.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:20 PM
VIP / Contributor

He isn't always up. You have to kill the place holder to spawn him.

What is wrong with him?
Old 03-16-2012, 02:26 PM
Sarnak

i just did my 3 item turn in, got nothing in return, a bit bitter. i used sneak tactic, put one item in trade, fd wipe agro, sneak, other 2 items, i got all responses from my hail to I follow the brotherhood of the lost circle, i am ready for drape, did turn in got nadda. so dont do it how i did it. I did it like that on live and it worked, here not so much. so please learn from what i did just have someone charm him i suppose. really really hoping to get reimbursement as it took forever to get the 3 items
Old 03-16-2012, 10:23 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuck [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i just did my 3 item turn in, got nothing in return, a bit bitter. i used sneak tactic, put one item in trade, fd wipe agro, sneak, other 2 items, i got all responses from my hail to I follow the brotherhood of the lost circle, i am ready for drape, did turn in got nadda. so dont do it how i did it. I did it like that on live and it worked, here not so much. so please learn from what i did just have someone charm him i suppose. really really hoping to get reimbursement as it took forever to get the 3 items
yeah, good luck on that one.. Guildie of mine has had a petition in for about a month or so.. and hasn't even heard a peep from a GM about the reimbursement one way or the other.. So, g'luck.. and sorry it didn't work for you..
Old 03-17-2012, 01:44 PM
Sarnak

Ya i figured, its a free game, im not gunna stress on it. @ raster right now
Old 03-17-2012, 11:28 PM
Developer

Sneak handin worked fine for me, exactly as you described it.
Old 03-19-2012, 01:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuck [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I get the whole thing of handing in one item first, but you create a higher chance of making a mistake IMO. I have done this twice now(once for epic and once again for an extra robe) with no problem and simply doing one master turn in.

I walked up from behind with sneak activated, con him for indiff, hail him and receive correct reply that he's working(get attacked), I run him off a few feet and fd, wait for him to return to spawn point, sneak from behind, con once more, and turn all 3 items in at once. Doing this ensures a few things that he is responding socially, attacks because hes KoS when face to face, and that he paths back so I'm sure I'm standing behind him for turn in.

I do recall, relevant to this instance or not but back on live in the velious era for armor quests and MQ's... people would purposely hand in junk items or partial items like the gems only to screw over people. What I mean is for example; on Monday I turn in a chardok pipe only but on Tuesday you turn in all 3 items, it would bug and eat all your items(esp if the chardok pipe was in the first trade slot). The NPC would retain the item until the rest of the quest was handed in, there was no time frame before the NPC reset.

Maybe the NPC was bugged, maybe you made a mistake, and or maybe someone is screwing with the turn in process. Also it's absolutely not needed unless it's a triggered spawn/item you receive back to prompt each quest dialog, you can simply just turn the quest items in and hit trade.
Closed Thread