Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 12:39 PM
Large Rat

Default Character

Finally getting started, narrowed it down to bard or warrior? which should i go with and which race?
Old 03-18-2012, 12:50 PM
Planar Protector

Go with what you think you'll enjoy... however, with a warrior you're at an advantage with stats if you pick a large race (ogre, troll, barb). Ogres get a frontal stun immunity later on, trolls have better regen, barbarians aren't hated in a lot of cities. All 3 have slam, so you can still bash mobs even if you're wielding a 2h weapon.

As for a bard, they are hybrids so you'll have a 40% exp penalty to deal with. I think half elves have the best stats and they flexibility on which starting area they want to play. Not many human bards, would make you "different"...wood elves and Kelethin starting, the mail quest is a great way to get 1-5 (if slightly boring). Begins at Tacar Tissleplay in Felwithe and ends at the Kelethin bard guild.

Good luck, and if playing a bard...your hands are going to ache [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-18-2012, 01:10 PM
Sarnak

Agreed the last poster, go with what you'll enjoy. But keep in mind that warriors are without a doubt the most gear dependent class in the game, so it's a difficult choice for your first character. A bard is much less gear dependent and can solo extremely well, plus the server always needs more talented bards.
Old 03-18-2012, 01:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faldorfian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Finally getting started, narrowed it down to bard or warrior? which should i go with and which race?
I find warriors boring.
Bards are great class with tons of perks. They are hard to master, but ultimately fun. They are the only class in game who are exactly even split hybrids (50% melee / 50% caster)
As for race, while I prefer Wood Elves, to be slightly different, maybe go Half Elf (stats wise they take penalty on WIS, but that's irrelevant for bards), and start in Qeynos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-18-2012, 04:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kika Maslyaka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They are the only class in game who are exactly even split hybrids (50% melee / 50% caster)
This is just a weird and awkward thing to say. Bards are wholly different than any other class. It's not something you can say about any hybrid really, because each class is a unique beast with their own sets of spells and abilities. Nobody with knowledge of EverQuest today says, "I'm going to be a Ranger because they are part Druid and part Warrior." It just doesn't work that way.
Old 03-18-2012, 05:12 PM
Fire Giant

Bards are great, but are prone to burnouts in groups. To be a "good" bard you'll end up twisting three songs...and that can get arduous.

Warriors are highly dependent on gear, but if you are able to scrounge together 400pp (which is possible by farming skeletons for bone-chips), then you'll be able to get proc'ing weapons and banded armor. That'll do you just fine until you can get money in groups.

Good luck, and play what you enjoy most!
Old 03-18-2012, 05:34 PM
Large Rat

I went with the bard, up to level 4, I should collect bone chips to sell? what do they go for? and if anyone is in faydark area and wants to group let me know
Old 03-18-2012, 07:28 PM
Large Rat

Anyone have a bronze sword they would be willing to sell cheap?
Old 03-18-2012, 08:31 PM
Sarnak

bronze weapons are horrible. get a giant snake fang or minotaur axe to start out. both are cheap and can be found on vendors
Old 03-18-2012, 10:33 PM
Fire Giant

Forget bronze weapons. Go buy 1 of each instrument from the bard vendor as soon as you have a few pp to spend and then zip to 50+, with absolutely no gear but your instruments, faster than a million-platinum twink.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=62581
Closed Thread