Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 10:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitchens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Analogies are not your strong suit.
Reading comprehension is not yours. I was not making an analogy.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:55 AM
Fire Giant

this thread is getting boring with over elawyering. Please insert more proper flame and stop muzzling your inner troll in order to appear more smart like.

YA JUST GOT LAWYERD BRO
Old 03-22-2012, 12:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelinda [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...Because.....It makes me sad to ban people for boxing. I got people in 3 major high end guilds this week. Got a few lower level players also.

It's a huge deal. Some folks think they are going to get lenience for boxing. I don't give that. I don't have any sympathy for it. If you are caught, it sucks to be you. It's a perma ban. PERMA BAN. PERMA BAN.
If it really made you sad, I think you would just remove IP exemptions before banning 2 boxers. Its such a simple remedy, yet staff still thinks its "necessary" to continue to permaban.

The problem with these permabans is it kills server population. Not because the 2-boxers are removed, but because for every person banned, at least 1-3 other people quit because they've lost people to group with, as well as another few people who decide against playing every day due to a server having less than X number of players.

This is the reason red99 population has all but disappeared in the last month.
Old 03-22-2012, 12:11 PM
Sarnak

yeah perma ban for pretty much boosting the falling population up by 2 boxing

honestly, i think its great its not allowed, but there is plenty of it going on and if they want to take the risk of being snitched on then let them do it
Old 03-22-2012, 01:22 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischsemmel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Only the naive think that innocence assures a lack of punishment.
You sir have scored many points in my book. What a great quote. It really scares me to know that there are adults this naive in the world today. Can you imagine what our countries might/will do to us if the majority of people thought this way. SCARY.
Old 03-22-2012, 01:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dullah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If it really made you sad, I think you would just remove IP exemptions before banning 2 boxers. Its such a simple remedy, yet staff still thinks its "necessary" to continue to permaban.

The problem with these permabans is it kills server population. Not because the 2-boxers are removed, but because for every person banned, at least 1-3 other people quit because they've lost people to group with, as well as another few people who decide against playing every day due to a server having less than X number of players.

The server population of Blue has been healthy and relatively static for ages. Red failed because of the toxic, volatile blob it calls a playerbase.
Old 03-22-2012, 05:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maahes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You sir have scored many points in my book. What a great quote. It really scares me to know that there are adults this naive in the world today. Can you imagine what our countries might/will do to us if the majority of people thought this way. SCARY.
Bend over and let the TSA inspect your asshole, sir.
Old 03-22-2012, 05:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dullah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Not trying to flame you.

but unverified internet statistics don't do much to support your opinion.

"Dude... for every 2 boxer removed 1~3 illegal immigrants join P99"

I can make up statistics too ;p

i've been on the server about 6 months now.. and the population hasn't dropped at all.. so it appears the bannings are having very little effect in that respect.
Old 03-23-2012, 05:34 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

It is a free to play server....if they decided to close up shop tomorrow what would/could you do about it? NOTHING!

If they don't want you boxing....don't do it.

I was going to get an ip exemption for my 3 sons as well as myself, but after everything I've read....I'd rather simply let them play something else. There are just too many ways for it to be "interpreted" incorrectly, and I don't want my account banned for something silly one of my kids may do.

Plus, I don't like the idea of the over-the-shoulder that I'm sure takes place to everyone with an IP exemption....."we must ensure they aren't doing something wrong...they have an IP exemption"......

There are only ~700 total people online in primetime...the playerbase isn't what one would call big. Here's hoping too many don't get too pissed off and quit altogether.
Old 03-23-2012, 08:36 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigmandu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is a free to play server....if they decided to close up shop tomorrow what would/could you do about it? NOTHING!

If they don't want you boxing....don't do it.

I was going to get an ip exemption for my 3 sons as well as myself, but after everything I've read....I'd rather simply let them play something else. There are just too many ways for it to be "interpreted" incorrectly, and I don't want my account banned for something silly one of my kids may do.

Plus, I don't like the idea of the over-the-shoulder that I'm sure takes place to everyone with an IP exemption....."we must ensure they aren't doing something wrong...they have an IP exemption"......

There are only ~700 total people online in primetime...the playerbase isn't what one would call big. Here's hoping too many don't get too pissed off and quit altogether.
I am sure that GM's are not standing around watching over ever IP exception that they hand out .. I sure they have better things to do... There bunch of husband / wife combo's on this server that never get messed with... Only way admins will start watching you is if you give them reason too... Don't let this one fourm sway your like of this server... This fourm was meerly ment as a joke that went a bit to far...