Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 02:04 PM
Banned

Red99 is a bloated, decaying corpse. Check out it's population any time of the day to confirm this yourself, or take a stroll on over to their forums and watch the shit fly.
Old 03-22-2012, 02:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Red99 is a bloated, decaying corpse. Check out it's population any time of the day to confirm this yourself, or take a stroll on over to their forums and watch the shit fly.
It's true. Once it gets to one guild, you know the server's pretty much dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 03-23-2012, 05:46 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Just be smart as you level and you can make some cash.....never sell silk, spiderling silk, high quality bear, grizzly hides to merchants....(I made an easy 150pp off a few stacks of silk coming out of nektulos forest on my DE necro)...

If you are worried about your armor (other than crappy drop cloth for the monk, raw hide for the druid), then get your tailoring up with that silk instead of selling it and make cured silk (takes some plat to get the brewing high enough)...doesn't take too long.

The biggest thing you need as a monk is weapons...expect to spend at least 1-200pp to get what you need...that's just the way it is. I killed alot of bears/spiders to get the silk/pelts needed to sell to players to buy what I needed.
Old 03-23-2012, 07:23 AM
Aviak

The wiki has some useful guides.

http://wiki.project1999.org/index.ph...ng_Money_Guide
Old 03-23-2012, 09:20 AM
Kobold

I started in this server with zero friends and no plat, no hand downs, nothing.

I'm currently level 26 druid and I'm still using a cracked staff which I gotten off a level 1 skeleton, and I'm wearing the tattered leather armor (full suit) from the CB belt quests. When I was level 19,I was so poor that I can't buy a single level 19 spell, and had to farm low level mobs to earn plats to buy them.

I'm possibly the worst geared level 26 character in the server right now lol however I have no trouble levelling despite my gears though.

So don bother about gears too much. Unless u r a tank class, gears are the least of ur problems.
Old 03-23-2012, 09:26 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavtroop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Heyeveryone, I'm the monk buddy he referenced. I think the biggest thing is that we've spent 100% of our time in EC/WC - didnt realize there was an XP penalty for playing there.

Zones don't have an XP penalty. But some have an XP bonus.
Old 03-23-2012, 09:33 AM
Large Bat

It may be a penalty outright but isn't that what 75% xp in the zone list means? You get 75% of the xp that you should get compared to a zone at 100% xp which I assume means what we would label as "regular" or "normal" experience?
Old 03-23-2012, 10:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fultun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Zones don't have an XP penalty. But some have an XP bonus.
No, actually some zones were created with a penalty (i.e. below some set average). Maybe you're just setting the baseline at the lowest ZEM value - but Lake of Ill Omen and TD specifically had exp ZEM's below nearly every other zone. Dunno why it was made that way, but it was.

If you want to say they are merely the baseline and noob zones and cities get ~25% bonus, that's fine, but it's just semantics. They might as well be penalties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relikk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It may be a penalty outright but isn't that what 75% xp in the zone list means? You get 75% of the xp that you should get compared to a zone at 100% xp which I assume means what we would label as "regular" or "normal" experience?
If you're using this: http://wiki.project1999.org/index.ph...s_and_ZEM_List

Remember that 75 is considered the baseline in that setup (note that LoIO is valued at 60).

Quote:
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 03-23-2012, 10:29 AM
Sarnak

when you both reach around lvl 10, go camp sisters in lfay. you should be ableto make enough plat to twink yourself a bit, thats what me and my bud did
Old 03-23-2012, 10:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
when you both reach around lvl 10, go camp sisters in lfay. you should be ableto make enough plat to twink yourself a bit, thats what me and my bud did
If you can actually get the camp (just about everyone knows about it), this is a great alternative [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Two of the sisters can be single pulled without lull/harmony - the other two you have to break up by killing them both. It's not hard either way - they're rogue mobs, so they have lower hps and die quickly. Just don't turn your back to them.

Quote:
Closed Thread