Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 03:36 PM
Large Bat

Continue through PoP then reboot
Old 05-13-2010, 03:51 PM
Fire Giant

"Expansions or Reboot?"

Expansions - they are stopping at Velious.

Reboot - they won't reboot the server although they may spin off a new one.
Old 05-13-2010, 04:11 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think PoK should have no port stones, books at all and magic porting spells should be disabled here. But there should be an easy way from each starting city to get there to chit chat with other players and learn stuff, but not be able to zone out to other locations. The Plane of Knowledge should be just that: a place to learn things about the game from NPCs and experienced players. Players should only be able to port to each individual plane via spell,stone, or book and disable zoning completely from PoK.

If you give the players a meet-up "zone-able hub" of any kind you seriously damage the idea of having to travel great, epic, distances to meet up with one another.
I think PoK should not exist at all, or if it does make it a quest turn in zone for Storyline only. No merchants, no banks. No reason to go there other than doing your quests. Do not make it accessable via standard cities. You would have to access it via the PoTranq and that is it. Wizards/druids would be able to port to PoTranq. There would be no zone out of PoTranq, you would need to gate to get out of the planes.
Old 05-13-2010, 05:46 PM
Orc

Lumin makes a great point. I started to type up another idea in response, but realised that we're definitely getting way off on a tangent here, since any fix would get away from the server's intentions to be true to classic EQ. At this point it's just way too early to discuss it since it's not going to even be an issue for a couple years, and the server admin team is still officially planning to stop at Velious.

Only after Velious is out on P99 and people have had plenty of time to enjoy everything up to that point will it be the right time to address this. The admins may prefer to stop at Velious as planned, they may decide to continue opening standard EQ expansions (either at a reduced rate, or the same as live) or they may agree to consider some customization.

But I'd rather not see people get excited (or upset) over any one of these choices now since it's so far out. And it's kinda unfair to Rogean, Nilbog and the other P99 team members to be bugging them about issues like that now when they have so much on their plate already.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byokii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think PoK should not exist at all, or if it does make it a quest turn in zone for Storyline only. No merchants, no banks. No reason to go there other than doing your quests. Do not make it accessable via standard cities. You would have to access it via the PoTranq and that is it. Wizards/druids would be able to port to PoTranq. There would be no zone out of PoTranq, you would need to gate to get out of the planes.
Omnimorph likes this idea. Hell, they should have had all the planes just be port up places like sky and hate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I enchant things...
Old 05-13-2010, 06:47 PM
Orc

While i enjoyed PoP. PoP to me is the one that broke EQ. It basically elminated the need for port spells. The itemization for the first time was 2x the amount of hp/mana from the previous expansions. The Exp factor in PoP zones made all other zones in the game worthless to exp in. you basically invalidated the previous expansions original-luclin.

btw i still play on Live today and have seen the rate in which Gear stats have gotten out of whack. It started in PoP.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:13 PM
Kobold

Send a message via AIM to BuzWeaver Send a message via Yahoo to BuzWeaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As stated by others, you can't in your right mind announce a character wipe a year (or more) in advance. I'm already hesitant to do extremely long drawn out quests and camps due to the time sink. If I was told it will all go poof on X date I would probably go about things much differently.

I did have one thought though which is totally out there but hear me out.
If the devs decided that they want to go further but not piss off the classic loyalists, what they could do is set up a second server (that has Luclin enabled) and offer character transfers to those that want to go further. This could be done when all of Velious has been completed. All parties would be kept happy this way. Luclin fans would go to the other server if they so desire and those that hated Luclin can stay put or be reset or whatever.

Now I'm under the impression that the devs all hated Luclin and what it stood for, so I wouldn't count on this idea ever happening.... but who knows.

Personally, I'm just having lots of fun and am not too concerned with the devs decisions anymore. It's their sandbox and they will do what they want and/or what they feel is best. I’m just enjoying the ride.
I certainly like the latter idea of allowing a server transfer. It would be a bit discouraging to think that the efforts you put into your character would only result in a reset later. Like you the game is enjoyable and I hope that 'purest' mentality doesn't override common sense.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:32 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzWeaver [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I certainly like the latter idea of allowing a server transfer. It would be a bit discouraging to think that the efforts you put into your character would only result in a reset later. Like you the game is enjoyable and I hope that 'purest' mentality doesn't override common sense.
I am agree, if classic is going to stop at Velious, and there would be another server that would go beyond Velious I wouldn't mind transferring (when I completed the Velious era). The reason this thread interests me so is I want to have the foresight to know what will happen to all the time I have spent. I have a full time job and a 16 month old son so my time is a premium. I can not play like an 18 year old college student any more... If there will be a wipe that eradicates all my efforts I will quit now. If the server is going to stop at Velious and there will be no more content after that I will play accordingly. If there is a chance of future expansions after Velious I will make sure that I am prepared for those expansions, and not have a ton of loose ends when they come out that will divide my time.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilPhans [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
While i enjoyed PoP. PoP to me is the one that broke EQ. It basically elminated the need for port spells. The itemization for the first time was 2x the amount of hp/mana from the previous expansions. The Exp factor in PoP zones made all other zones in the game worthless to exp in. you basically invalidated the previous expansions original-luclin.

btw i still play on Live today and have seen the rate in which Gear stats have gotten out of whack. It started in PoP.
Some people say it started with Kunark. For example why would a monk play anything other than a lizard? Why would you experience in a classic zone when you can experience in a kunark zone and get more money and better loot? Etc.

It's not the presence of mudflation that was the distinction, it was the rate of mudflation that increased as the years went by that defined what happened. It was as though they were so desperate to sell expansions that they made them too important to pass up. So any player that didn't buy them played at a disadvantage. Many of the expansions didn't just add content, they replaced content. For example, if it increased the cap by 5 levels, it didn't just add content for those levels, it added content for the previous 20 or more. And this led to people leaving old zones and giving people that empty feeling inside. The kind of feeling you have when you're being dragged down a road on the back by a rope. Eventually, they just -forgot- about old content.

And to be honest, if new content was all that mattered, I wouldn't be playing here in the zones that I've played in. I don't think i'll ever get too sick of it. I still don't know everything about them either. Some people make the mistake of assuming that just because you've played in a zone that this somehow means you've seen and experienced everything and new content is the final solution. I'm not at issue with that contention, rather I disagree with the assertion that old content is old! It's not old unless you know everything about it. I don't, so it's not old! Thus, that's why I feel like I'm being dragged behind a truck.

I feel like I am over the barrel on the live servers and have no choice about what happens. That feeling isn't as strong here. The air is better. It ain't perfect and I need breaks. And I'll probably play on hte live servers again sometime, but that doesn't change the fact that the air is dirtier on live. Live is like disneyland or something. Or Ronald McDonald. I get tired of it. I think the larger thing is that it's just old and hard to change. I like EQ2 and Vanguard. But this game, as we know it here, is so different from live that it's like a separate game almost. Time hasn't got rid of that. It's not old until it's OLD.

Raiding: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...&postcount=109
P1999 Class Popularity Chart: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=48
P1999 PvP Statistics: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...9&postcount=59

"Global chat is to conversation what pok books are to travel, but without sufficient population it doesn't matter."
Last edited by stormlord; 05-13-2010 at 08:12 PM..
Old 05-13-2010, 07:56 PM
Banned

If you want expansions past velious than you don't understand what all the classic everquest fans have wanted for years and years. EVERY OTHER SERVER has those expansions just play on one of them.

People wanting a wipe are just people that are jealous of others getting mana stones or whatever items before they could get them. If they had the items they wouldn't want a wipe.

Read the faq. It has great info about this server " The best server in the world!!!!! ImO"
Closed Thread