Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 12:37 PM
Banned

all new low
almost as bad as when samwise asked red forums for marital advice.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:40 PM
Banned

actually worse probably, samwise was just lookin for help.

#1 co pilot in eve
Old 04-10-2012, 12:47 PM
Fire Giant

Should have just sold nudes like I said.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:50 PM
Planar Protector

4k is prolly a slow weekend at a good titty bar
Old 04-10-2012, 12:51 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannacore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
<a name='b_efa3f57064b8012fbb7e000d60d4c902'></a><object type='application/x-shockwave-flash' data='https://giving.paypallabs.com/flash/badge.swf' width='205' height='350' id='badgeefa3f57064b8012fbb7e000d60d4c902' align='middle'>
<param name='allowScriptAccess' value='always' />
<param name='allowNetworking' value='all' />
<param name='movie' value='https://giving.paypallabs.com/flash/badge.swf' />
<param name='quality' value='high' />
<param name='bgcolor' value='#FFFFFF' />
<param name='wmode' value='transparent' />
<param name='FlashVars' value='Id=efa3f57064b8012fbb7e000d60d4c902'/>
<embed src='https://giving.paypallabs.com/flash/badge.swf' FlashVars='Id=efa3f57064b8012fbb7e000d60d4c902' quality='high' bgcolor='#FFFFFF' wmode='transparent' width='205' height='350' Id='badgeefa3f57064b8012fbb7e000d60d4c902' align='middle' allowScriptAccess='always' allowNetworking='all' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' pluginspage='http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer'></embed>
</object>

WELP, looks like my scholarships and financial aid have run their course. As I am entering my last semester of my degree in Envrionmental Planning & Design, it seems I'm running about $4,000 short on tuition for the Fall Semester. Help a homegurl out?
My recommendation would be to stop getting the loans, stop begging for help, and buck up and do this yourself. You will be much prouder if you do it yourself. This will teach you to work and not expect hand outs - which in the long run will make you so much more successful. It's what college and education were and are supposed to be.

This can be done. It's just a matter of how hard your willing to work at it. Get away from the hand outs and earn it yourself. I was able to earn my bachelor degree while working full time (40 hours) at my main job to live, then waited tables 4 or 5 nights per week to pay for tution/books, all while raising three kids.

My father did this as well. He earned his masters degree all while working @ Bell Helicopter, all while raising two kids with his wife who was a public school teacher...it's where I learned it. That's what taught me to never count on hand outs too. Hopefully my kids will follow in my footsteps too.

$4000 isnt that much by the way...if you pick up a wait tables job it's only 40 nights avg $100 each night. Can easliy be done in one or two months. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-10-2012, 12:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannacore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm set to take out about $9k in loans this semester and the same amount for next. I was lucky enough to ride through my first eight semesters on free tuition. Not looking very forward to finally being in debt ;_;
You're kidding. You are only set to have $18k in student loans and you're complaining? This generation is so entitled, this is a sad look into the future...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenjitsuRZ View Post
Multiplication is used at all levels.
Old 04-10-2012, 01:00 PM
Banned

I HAD MORE LOANS THAN YOU BECAUSE OF BAD SPENDING HABITS YOU'RE A SAD GENERATION.
Old 04-10-2012, 01:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraftwerk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're kidding. You are only set to have $18k in student loans and you're complaining? This generation is so entitled, this is a sad look into the future...
The 18k is just for the two semesters that I won't be getting in-state tuition at UNM (Long story). Then another 4 semesters of grad school at about $4k per semester. So when its all said and done I'll be at least $40k in the hole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peatree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My recommendation would be to stop getting the loans, stop begging for help, and buck up and do this yourself. You will be much prouder if you do it yourself. This will teach you to work and not expect hand outs - which in the long run will make you so much more successful. It's what college and education were and are supposed to be.
Why make myself miserable through school when I don't have to? I don't feel "unproud" of what I'm currently I'm doing. I work, I pay my own rent and take care of myself fairly well. Working 30 hours a week and taking five classes is crunched enough, I am definitely not getting another job.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:01 PM
Sarnak

Trolled.

OUT OF THE WAY PECK!

Quote:
12:53 <Littlegyno> nilberg
12:53 <Littlegyno> i was
12:53 <Littlegyno> gonna have pix
Old 04-10-2012, 02:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlegyno 9.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not donating until I see some titties.
Closed Thread