Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 04-12-2012, 06:51 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danyelle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't always run through the patcher I mean. Have a regular shortcut set up on the desktop as per the Playguide (here) and run through that unless you need to patch. Then do what I described above when you do need to patch. I'll check NPC's in a moment.
Oh, okay, will do.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:29 PM
Sarnak

Bad idea, what noobs.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:00 PM
Aviak

Thanks Danyelle, this is very awesome.

Also, if you prefer to use the EQ Emu Launcher you can just right click on GlobalLoad.txt and make it read-only (Properties, mark the checkbox for Read-Only). The launcher will bring up an error message, but the game runs fine.

To the naysayers: I enjoy the Luclin models, what I see is my business and not yours. As we in the hiking community say: Hike your own hike. Play your own game applies here.

EDIT: Added note about making the file read-only.
Last edited by jamsen; 04-12-2012 at 09:08 PM..
Old 04-13-2012, 03:13 AM
Fire Giant

Guide has been further amended to version 2.4

Jeremy's screenshot with the roboboar in the Arena reminded me GM's often use out-of-era races in GM events. The guide now reflects the ability to re-add these (There is now TWO lazy loads at the bottom. The 'light' version, which is the one that was already there, and the "default" version which includes out-of-era item graphics and default Titanium races.)

Do NOT use the "default" lazy load if your computer sucks, if you are experiencing long load times (usually only visible on client start-up), or are experiencing memory leaks.
Old 04-20-2012, 01:14 PM
Kobold

why is this not stickied?
Old 04-20-2012, 08:28 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reikerz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
why is this not deleted?
Who cares what I'm looking at? It's not like this change on my system changes how you see my characters. It's not nerf worthy as it doesn't alter game play one bit.

I would suggest it increases enjoyment of the game for those who try the alteration and and decide to keep it. This keeps more people playing which means its easier to find groups.

Crap, sorry guys, I fed the internet troll. Sigh.
Old 04-22-2012, 01:10 PM
Kobold

Personally as an ogre, I have to have this on. Or else I just get too claustrophobic.
Old 04-22-2012, 01:51 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
why is this not stickied?
Part of the reason it may not be sticked (not Classic whatever aside) is, though I made the fix, I didn't originally make the thread, and the guide is 4 pages in.

It's linked in my sig. That's good enough.
Old 04-22-2012, 02:28 PM
Aviak

Hey all,

I noticed that in today's patch, they included a new globalload.txt file. I backed up my luclin modified one, loaded the new one, and sure enough, back to the old models. So, I replaced the new one with my old luclin one, and the game seems to be working.

My question is this, why would they include a new globalload file if there wasn't something important in there? So far with my old one my game seems to be working, but i'm afraid there's something important contained in that new one.

Any ideas?
Last edited by envino; 04-22-2012 at 02:34 PM.. Reason: grammar, clarity
Old 04-22-2012, 02:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by envino [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey all,

I noticed that in today's patch, they included a new globalload.txt file. I backed up my luclin modified one, loaded the new one, and sure enough, back to the old models. So, I replaced the new one with my old luclin one, and the game seems to be working.

My question is this, why would they include a new globalload file if there wasn't something important in there? So far with my old one my game seems to be working, but i'm afraid there's something important contained in that new one.

Any ideas?
They didn't change anything with global load. The patch is just a repack of every custom file in one.

If there's something essential to P99 added to global load I amend the guide.