Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 08:56 PM
Kobold

Default Miner's Guild 628

So I just created a dwarf rogue, worshipping Brell. Only level 3 now, but I've had a problem every since I visited the rogue guild in Kaladim when I started.

No one will give me any quests! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I can't figure it out. Diggins and Jeet both deny me quests even though they con warmly to me. When I try to advance the quests, they just say, "Don't take it personal but I can't quite trust you with that just yet. Go kill some Butcherblock bandits," or something similar to that.

I'm a brand new dwarf rogue and can't get any of the newbie quests from my guild because my faction's too low. That doesn't seem right. Is it supposed to be this way? Anyone know what's going on?
Old 06-02-2010, 09:31 PM
Kobold

I believe some of those quests have a required level and that there is also a sequence of quests you must complete. See what happens when you ding 4.
Old 06-02-2010, 10:09 PM
Kobold

Thanks for the reply Xenephex! Nothing I was seeing online about these quests pointed to a minimum level, but I will certainly give it a shot.

I'll update this thread if things change at level 4 or 5.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:33 AM
Kobold

I can confirm that at level 4, to a Dwarf Rogue, both Jeet and Diggins refuse to give any quests. I've turned in my newbie note to Mater and received my rogue tunic, but they seem to think I am not a member of the guild.

They will respond with their initial responses when hailed but any attempt to initiate the quest dialog receives this exact response: "Don't take this personally but I can't quite trust you with such matters. Maybe a few less Butcherblock bandits would prove your worth."

I've even tried just giving them the items I know they need for the quests, but they just hand them back to me.

I've turned in some bone chips to the cleric guild in Kaladim, which has given me some +MinersGuild628, but I can't get any faction hits for the guild anywhere else at level 4. I am at warmly right now, so the only tier left is ally. Honestly, I can't imagine that my faction really needs to be any higher to get newbie quests!

Allakhazam shows that Jeet should give three quests, recommended for levels 1-4, and Diggins should give various quests recommended for levels 1-18. I do remember doing some of these quests on a dwarf rogue alt of mine back on live, The Parrying Pick and Miner's Cap in particular. Quests are listed below with links. All of Jeet's quests are listed as Original era. Diggins' quests do not list an era, but I know the Parrying Pick was pre-Kunark

Jeet's quests:

Level 1: Rat Patrol
Level 1:The Gnome Take **Note: This quest is offered after completing the "Rat Patrol" quest.
Level 4: Miner's Cap

Diggins' quests:

Level 1: Ruunyeye Warbeads (Kaladim Rogue)
Level 8: Parrying Pick
Level 18: Miner's Pick

Update: You may also need to move this issue back to Bugs simply because Diggins still refuses to give the quest.
I can't confirm if Diggins is accepting Warbeads because I've yet to find a single one on the goblins outside Kaladim (though I've killed dozens), but he 's definitely NOT offering the quest.
I have confirmed that Jeet WILL give you the reward from the Miner's Cap quest if you give him the Scrap Metal from Cleaner VII, as mentioned in the Warbeads thread, but he will never give you the quest when you speak to him.

It would be great to get these quests fixed since they give some great armor and weapons for starting dwarf rogues. They're also just great for the lore and a lot of fun for people like me who love questing in EQ. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Gamkek; 06-03-2010 at 12:50 AM..
Old 06-05-2010, 04:04 AM
Project Manager

Wow.. these scripts were absolutely terrible/missing.

Tokyo2001 had a bit more info.
http://www.tokyo2001.com/game/eq/que...dim/rog03.html
http://www.tokyo2001.com/game/eq/que...dim/rog04.html

Quote:
Level 1: Rat Patrol
Level 1:The Gnome Take **Note: This quest is offered after completing the "Rat Patrol" quest.
Level 4: Miner's Cap
Pending update,
-These quests will require indifferent to complete, except for Miner's Cap which also requires level 4.
-Created text and quest for Rat Patrol. Random tattered armor for reward.
-For gnome take, created the unique clockwork scrubber in akanon, it should respond to "628" and take your key.

I show Cleaner VII as dropping "scrap metal", and not box fragments, any idea about this? Jeet will take this for Miner's cap currently.

Will work on more later.
Old 04-13-2012, 02:25 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamkek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Diggins' quests:

Level 1: Ruunyeye Warbeads (Kaladim Rogue)
Level 8: Parrying Pick
Level 18: Miner's Pick
Fixed, pending update.
Closed Thread