Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 03:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1. Their pursuit speed is little to no different than it was on live. Run at diagonals with mouselook and they will never touch you. Not once, ever.
Mob run speed on P99 is significantly higher than it ever was in live. It is known.
Old 05-02-2012, 03:54 PM
Kobold

I don't think they would sow each other, maybe they just wouldn't sow through walls like they do.

Either way, I used to be able to kill fleeing sowed mobs just fine on live.
Freddee Bearfoot - 60 Halfling Druid
Spooee Bearfoot - 60 Halfling Cleric
<Vanquish>
Old 05-02-2012, 04:10 PM
Kobold

Protip: This ain't classic.
Freddee Bearfoot - 60 Halfling Druid
Spooee Bearfoot - 60 Halfling Cleric
<Vanquish>
Old 05-02-2012, 04:13 PM
Large Rat

lol
Old 05-02-2012, 08:39 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrunner5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its the stupid direction changes that drive me crazy. I don't ever remember them going that crazy years ago.
This comment has merit - they do seem to juke a lot more frequently than I recall them ever juking on live, at any stage in the development of EQ.

I also think the initial flee speed is slightly high.

I also think the mob hit box from behind is just a little bit too small.

To sum up my opinion (and I know, no dev asked me for it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] ) ... if the initial flee speed were a wee bit slower, the mobs jewked about half as much and If I could have a chance to hit them from a tiny bit further away, then mobs fleeing would be a fantastic return to one of the original attributes of battle in EQ. As it stands, it just feels a little bit wrong and is at least mildly annoying.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:51 PM
Planar Protector

The Mob hit Box may be not as small as we think. I think a lot has to do with their faster run speed and erratic pathing when running like hell. Just a thought.
Last edited by webrunner5; 05-02-2012 at 08:55 PM..
Old 05-03-2012, 12:11 AM
Aviak

Mob run speed is a little faster here than on live, but not so much that it really changes much. The big difference is that mobs can hit you from really far away if you're running in a straight line away from them, and people fail to notice this when it happens and just think the mobs are running really fast. Strafe away to avoid this and you'll see that they don't run that fast. It's maybe 5% faster than normal player run speed.

Mobs will SoW indoors and will cast it on eachother. They'll also buff the shit out of eachother, through walls and everything. That was the case on live as well. Gets kinda problematic in places like LGuk and Sebilis where you'll often have a dozen mob within casting range, so everything is fully buffed. If you're smart, you pull with dispel. Might knock haste and cleric hp buff off the mob.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by feste [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Egil you sig is awesome!
empty quoting for great justice!

Also, deverell's advice is good and is the only actual use I ever found for the Deepwater Gaunts clickie on live (a 7 second cast Cancel Magic? gee thanks so much for thinking of us Brad.)
Old 05-03-2012, 12:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deverell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mob run speed is a little faster here than on live, but not so much that it really changes much.
If that was the case, we would not have the 204th thread on mob run speed here that we are all now posting in.
Old 05-03-2012, 02:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slave [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If that was the case, we would not have the 204th thread on mob run speed here that we are all now posting in.
What he said.
Closed Thread