Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 10:55 AM
Planar Protector

thats too bad Cwall what he said was actually pretty funny. I'm not sure it was intentional but it was funny.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwall View Post
if you're still playing on this server there might be something seriously wrong with your brain
The kid says on the forum for the game he lost at
Old 06-03-2012, 10:56 AM
Banned

quit server back in early december when i realized devs didn't care about exploits

i'd say that's a win for me
Old 06-03-2012, 10:58 AM
Banned

Ragequit when caught exploiting.
Old 06-03-2012, 11:08 AM
Banned

sorry can't read it harrison
Old 06-03-2012, 11:19 AM
Banned

Blue diamonds still in game?

God this shit has been dead in the water.

Feel sorry for the poor souls with over 500 hours /played (tr0llb0rn) you're right it's everyone else's fault who doesn't want to log into a dead server.
Old 06-03-2012, 11:29 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonIsStillPosting [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ragequit when caught exploiting.
for Cwalls eyes only
Old 06-03-2012, 11:37 AM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-03-2012, 11:41 AM
Fire Giant

lol ok so its not even a classic EQ emu

lol@ the 2012 era NPCs in that screenshot.

Well like I said, classic EQ is not for everyone. Zek server is up and EQlive is free now btw.
Old 06-03-2012, 11:46 AM
Banned

server is not classic. also I am not 14 anymore and have RL shit to do. cant believe you are so mad mellow. i also lol that you think classic eq is hard. its not hard bro but the mind numbing grind is really time consuming.
Old 06-03-2012, 12:02 PM
Kobold

Hi Aenor, I actually remember you from VZ (and I think Red99?). I leveled a cleric to 39 or so on Red99, and had to quit suddenly for RL problems. When I was able to come back, I decided not to because the population was so low. EQ PvP without a healthy population is not a fun experience. Maybe coming from VZTZ you disagree, but if all a server has is 2 raiding guilds it is not worth playing on. What happened, in my opinion, was a combination of things:
  • EQ is an old game from 1999, and the ratio of PvE players to PvP players was always against us.
    Blue server only getting 500 players at peak times did not bode well for the PvP server, with a more limited pool of potential players. Not enough people were aware of the server when it started up, either.
  • Infighting and drama queens made the server less desirable to play on, starting before the server even began beta.
    The PvP players, as usual, could not come to a consensus about anything, and nearly everyone became a doomsayer when we really needed them to be supportive. The VZTZ crowd hurt the server by whining about classic exp. The SZ crowd hurt the server by whining about there being too many rules. The RZ crowd hurt the server by complaining about lack of item loot. Some people wanted teams, and whined about that. Some people decided that slight exp loss was a serious issue. VZTZ crowd also cried about there not being serverwide chat, and some ridiculous thing called "yellow text". Nearly everyone was mad, and felt entitled to a server that they themselves designed. Many of these people threatened to quit, and could seen saying, "Me not getting my way is going to be the DEATH of this server! Just you wait, because the devs have decided not to cater to people that share my opinion, everyone that matters is going to leave!"
    No one could stop complaining and just enjoy the game with a somewhat open mind, and when potential new players saw this doomsday talk on the forums, what do you think they thought about the server?
  • The Red99 population really shot itself in the foot by alienating the Blue99 players, and themselves.
    It was cool back in real EQ to make fun of the bluebies, and to pretend that we were somehow superior because we played the game with an added level of fun. Not so much these days, though, when we really could have used their numbers. We all could have been inviting, and honestly tell them that the fun and excitement of PvP is really a positive thing that could make their old tired game seem new again. Here we had a pool of players that was used to playing EQ emu, was familiar with our devs and GMs, and didn't even need to patch the game any more than they were used to in order to play on our server. What did we do, though? Trolled them and their forums hard, as we did in the past. "It takes a really HARDCORE player to play a video game like RED EQ!"
    Our forums became a cesspool in their eyes, and they got to see the worst of us, once more reinforcing their bluebie beliefs that PvE is superior, if only because the red community sucks and is childish.
  • The red community sucks and is childish.
    Besides the nonstop whining and trolling potential players out of playing, the attitude that players brought to the game turned away many players, red and blue alike. I'm talking about that "hardcore, me > you" mindset again. It's fun to a point, but when you actually have players trying to grief each other off of a low population server you have to wonder about those people. In my brief time playing the game, Holocaust trained groups of mine a handful of times, and no one would shut up about how much better they were at the game when compared to everyone else. Big egos clashed, and I rolled my eyes along with the bluebies. Playstyles other than the VZTZ "EQ starts at max level, there is no room for roleplaying or casual play, go big or go home" way of life were ridiculed and attacked into nonexistence.

You did this to yourselves. At the time you were of the mind that you didn't give a fuck, don't go back on that now that it's hurt you.

bluebie extraordinaire
Closed Thread