Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 12:11 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dullah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In reality, Kunark is the only thing that has a chance to save this server. To be against Kunark in any way, translates to you being against the server.

I've explained more succinctly how it will help the server that the OP a dozen times, but, by all means, buy into this crap by someone who is obviously butthurt and enraged about losing this server.
OP puts a well thought out and well written post on forums with a completely calm and honest demeanor and you immediately call him 'enraged and butthurt' ??

then again bring up the same shit you've been spewing for months about winning/losing a server. lol dude, im starting to feel bad for you. can't imagine what real life is like for a legit crazy person.
Old 06-13-2012, 12:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Dullah's thought process is like this: lots of people in Nihilum quit, so they must have quit because they were bored. Therefore they will be coming back for Kunark, because Kunark has more content. The elephant in the room is that lots of people in Nihilum quit because they didn't like the guild and realized there were no better options at the high end. The vast majority of people who quit are indifferent to Kunark being released, and as Abacab would say, that's the real truth.
Dumb.

Your post is based on the false premise that Nihilum has "lost members" (wrong). Meanwhile, you completely disregard every point in my post which actually does directly rebut everything the OP is saying. You're also plainly jaded from being kicked out of Nihilum for being a douche bag, thus the reason you felt it necessary to fabricate inner turmoil thats obviously based solely on your personal experience. Says a lot when someone gets kicked out of Nihilum, rofl. Par for the course for you...

My thought process doesn't even involve Nihilum, much less "our boredom", as we still have 20-30 active members, and the majority of the rest still keep in contact via forums or ventrilo. On the contrary, I'm much more concerned about everyone outside of Nihilum. Without other players, theres no sense of community, no economy, no competition and no fun.

Explaining this is obviously futile, as this server seems to attract the most mentally inept gamers from every corner of the planet, but I digress. The numbers reflect the servers highest popularity while players were competing for content to exp and gear up. This content is very sparse in Classic. After 3 months, there were more manastones and rubi bps than active players, and members of the top 3 or 4 guilds were all close to 50. Content got stale, and waiting on Fear people began leaving in droves. Fast forward to Hate, legacy was removed, pop declined drastically again.

Lest some fool say otherwise, I know content isn't the only reason people left this server, but a blind man can see there seems to be a connection with players having something to do, and players logging on...
Old 06-13-2012, 12:20 PM
Banned

Teradise
Decaying Skeleton
Old 06-13-2012, 12:29 PM
Sarnak

Read first couple paragraphs... Person has no clue.. Went downhill when talking about day off on a Wednesday... What the fuck??? Sorry your Wednesday isn't filled full of joy and happiness..
Old 06-13-2012, 12:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dullah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dumb.

Your post is based on the false premise that Nihilum has "lost members" (wrong). Meanwhile, you completely disregard every point in my post which actually does directly rebut everything the OP is saying. You're also plainly jaded from being kicked out of Nihilum for being a douche bag, thus the reason you felt it necessary to fabricate inner turmoil thats obviously based solely on your personal experience. Says a lot when someone gets kicked out of Nihilum, rofl. Par for the course for you...
I have no contempt for Nihilum at all, and still get along with most of their members. I was just giving the best explanation I could for what could lead you to believe Kunark is the one thing that could save this server. I wasn't kicked for "being a douche bag" by the way, I was kicked because I allegedly reported Fallen for exploiting. That was the exact reason they gave. Everyone knows this by now, why you feel like making things up about it is anyone's guess.

As for 'fabricating inner turmoil', uh, no. There are people in Nihilum (just like all the top guilds) who left because they were dissatisfied with the guild. I'm not going to name names because they gave me their opinions about the guild and its leadership in confidence, except Reiker who openly admitted that he thinks the officers are all tools. For most players there just weren't many options at the high end for guilds. FF and Holo griefed, Brotherhood was too casual, Nihilum had officers who constantly embarrassed themselves on the forums and who had less than clean whistles. This is the main complaint I hear from my friends who quit (and I'm still guilded with many of them on blue). Releasing Kunark can't possibly change that, so most high leveled players won't be returning for it.

Quote:
Explaining this is obviously futile, as this server seems to attract the most mentally inept gamers from every corner of the planet, but I digress. The numbers reflect the servers highest popularity while players were competing for content to exp and gear up. This content is very sparse in Classic. After 3 months, there were more manastones and rubi bps than active players, and members of the top 3 or 4 guilds were all close to 50. Content got stale, and waiting on Fear people began leaving in droves. Fast forward to Hate, legacy was removed, pop declined drastically again.
Try not to insult everyone's intelligence when you write things as stupid as this. If lack of content is an issue, why did the blue server have 900+ players before Kunark was released?

Quote:
Lest some fool say otherwise, I know content isn't the only reason people left this server, but a blind man can see there seems to be a connection with players having something to do, and players logging on...
Some people will return, but very few. And some people will also leave or get frustrated because the gap between the high-end and the low-end widens even more, and barriers to competition get even more unreasonable. This is what the OP tried to explain to you but you obviously didn't get it. There's no point in arguing this because Kunark will be released some day, and when it happens and you don't see some miraculous spike in population, we can look back at the silly things you used to say and laugh about it together.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 06-13-2012, 12:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilbobaggins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OP puts a well thought out and well written post on forums with a completely calm and honest demeanor and you immediately call him 'enraged and butthurt' ??

then again bring up the same shit you've been spewing for months about winning/losing a server. lol dude, im starting to feel bad for you. can't imagine what real life is like for a legit crazy person.
The entire post is based on the false assumption that no one will come back.

You've been trolled by some guy writing under an alias, claiming to be in Nihilum while making every defeatist argument made by the angry, butthurt defeated portion of this community that are too proud to log back in and instead choose to fill the forum with propaganda to further hurt the server. Its a classic 'take my ball and go home' syndrome except they can't take the ball, so they do everything they can do to steal, deflate and destroy it out of anger and jealousy.

Fuck you're stupid.
Old 06-13-2012, 12:46 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Who is coming back I may ask? I addressed this in my Thesis. Holocaust is gone, sure they "lost" whatever you want to say or flame but they aren't coming back. Founding Fathers are gone. Maybe a few come back, peek their heads in, but they aren't ever coming back in force. IF? The Euros are all gone they aren't coming back. There will be some low levels, some blue transfers to make iksar monks and necros and I addressed that, ultimately the grind of SoloQuest will take their lives too young and too early and they won't ever make it to the end game. So who are these returning players? The answer is that they are nihilum members, which I addressed in my expertly crafted post, and they will quickly be burnt out when it's a fight between melees to get into the few EXP Groups that there are. Unless you're privy to some insider information from holocaust or FF or IF that they are coming back strong for Kunark that no one else seems to know about then you're full of shit.
Old 06-13-2012, 12:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some people will return, but very few. And some people will also leave or get frustrated because the gap between the high-end and the low-end widens even more, and barriers to competition get even more unreasonable. This is what the OP tried to explain to you but you obviously didn't get it. There's no point in arguing this because Kunark will be released some day, and when it happens and you don't see some miraculous spike in population, we can look back at the silly things you used to say and laugh about it together.
Longer we wait, more true this will be.

I'm all for exp bonuses and hot zones, especially during sky and leading up to kunark. I think it could do wonders for helping old and new players get ready for kunark, and provide more high level competition once its released.

ps. love your passive-aggressive posts where you later feign ignorance and play disarmingly ignorant. shit makes me lol every time.
Old 06-13-2012, 12:53 PM
Planar Protector

Lurking around these forums anonymously doom-saying and prophesying about things you're more or less completely ignorant of, isn't helping anything or anyone. Your only motive could be to further hurt the server. I called it in my first response, but for those who needed further evidence.
Old 06-13-2012, 12:54 PM
Kobold

Quote:
There's no point in arguing this because Kunark will be released some day, and when it happens and you don't see some miraculous spike in population, we can look back at the silly things you used to say and laugh about it together.

it will be a glorious day. hopefully (for r99's sake), LoZ doesn't release it first.
Closed Thread