Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Guild Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 08:10 AM
Large Rat

Default Old school raider coming back for good time!

Just wanted to introduce myself to the guild/raid scene on this server.

MMO History

I started EQ on launch day wayback in 99' after my neverwinter nights(AOL DnD game) and Warcraft2 guild <Dark Covenant> came over. Played on the Tunare server as Malekith(shadow knight), once they pretty much stop logging on and such I was still very much entranced my the game, long story short I got heavily into raiding. Raided with the raiding guilds at the time until the server split, jumped servers with a good group of friends to start a new raiding guild over there, ended up raiding all the way through the PoP era where we kill Quarm. After the horrible flagging system that was Gate of Discord I left the game. Played and raided in WoW all the way through WotLK, actually cleared sunwell before it got nerfed, killed the Lich king then left WoW as well, because of RL taking a lot of time and myself being unable to raid.

Why I joined P99

Found out about P99 after trying the F2P version of EQ and laughably getting to level 20 in like 3 hours with the merc BS on a wizard and leaving the tutorial zone with full stat gear. Kinda ruined the whole EQ theme for me plus coming back to 10+ expansion worth of crap was way to overwhelming for me to even try and learn.

Anyway started a DE necro and got hooked all over again! Who knew getting re lost for 45 minutes in the tunnels of Neriak could be so much fun!

Goals and Reasons for Playing

I know better then to take rants on the forums with more then a grain of salt but I would like to get back into some type of casual style raiding once I get the levels and gear again to be viable for the planes, probably won't have the time available to join TMO or the other hardcore raiding guilds because of RL obligation

if any more casual style guilds that do the planes and such or leveling/casual guild are looking for an eq vet that is brushing off the rust at a quick pace shoot me a tell on Rinarch. I'm not the type to make alts so if Rinarch isn't online I'm not in the game.

Looking forward to having a great time, playing the game that truly started it all, the way it was meant to be played once again [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-05-2012, 08:44 AM
Fire Giant

Wouldn't it be wiser to research the guilds around, then tell this sort of thing in your specific guild app?

Then again lazy people are people after my own heart
Old 07-05-2012, 10:36 AM
Large Rat

this was more of an introduction not an application, more to let people know I'm around is all.

with your topic starting history I wouldn't be calling people lazy...
Old 07-05-2012, 10:42 AM
Fire Giant

What part of "people after my own heart" did you not understand bro
Old 07-05-2012, 10:43 AM
Planar Protector

I think you are better off experiencing the leveling and raiding scene before you go guild shopping. It might be more difficult as a solo necro, but you'll get a feel for the server's environment through experience more than reading about it on the forums (either in server chat or RNF). You can find any hat to wear that you would like, from hardcore to casual.

Good luck to ya!
Old 07-05-2012, 10:45 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by falkun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think you are better off experiencing the leveling and raiding scene before you go guild shopping. It might be more difficult as a solo necro, but you'll get a feel for the server's environment through experience more than reading about it on the forums (either in server chat or RNF). You can find any hat to wear that you would like, from hardcore to casual.

Good luck to ya!
Falkun is good people, as is his guild. Solid advice
Closed Thread