Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 06-07-2012, 03:27 PM
Aviak

Default Combat music and other in game music

I am not sure if this is a problem effecting other people, or if it is just me. Also I am not quite sure when this started happening because I just recently started playing again after about a two month break.

The problem is with combat music and other music in general. It is gone, I hear nothing, In the options window in game I have Sound Realism, Music Volume and Sound Volume all set to 100%, Environment Sounds and Combat Music both enabled, and still I hear no combat music when auto attack is on, no music of the cities or the boat or any other places where music is supposed to and did play. It is strange because the sounds seem to be working fine, environmental sounds is working. Just combat music and other music. Is there a fix to this I am unaware of? Does anyone else have this problem? Ha it sucks because that classic combat music is the best. =p So many memories to that old battle music.. =) But yeah, any feedback at all would be much appreciated. Thank you very much for your time.

-Zhou 45 Monk <Enraptured>
Old 06-09-2012, 07:03 AM
Sarnak

Jeff have you checked file/folder integrity? Is the data there?
If not maybe a simple reinstall would suffice?

Also I read somewhere there's a set of combat and music file fixes for Project 1999, which you may be able to download and use instead of reinstalling(should that not work).

As for in-game, I can only suggest you attempt some combination of having sound off, then sound on, then sound off to see if anything triggers.

I noticed that some options in the game get stuck and when they're meant to be ON they're actually OFF and vice versa.
Old 06-09-2012, 03:52 PM
Aviak

Ah okay, I will search around for that. Hehe I have been looking for any fixes for this at all. It is weird, when I put the combat themes and eqtheme files (the newer ones) from my backup folder and into the p99 folder, it plays those files just fine. No problems at all. You know and you are supposed to remove those to hear the classic music, after putting them into the folder and removing them it still doesn't fix the problem. Ah damn I don't know what the problem is. It just sucks I love leveling up to that old school combat music.. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? I hope I am not the only one. =(
Old 06-09-2012, 04:41 PM
Aviak

The problem I'm having is not so much the music, but the sounds in general. I can't adjust the volumes. I either have full volume, or off. I can't adjust the volumes to somewhere in between.
Old 06-16-2012, 02:26 PM
Aviak

Damn, I was hoping that the patch today might have fixed the combat music problem, but nope, still no classic combat music, merchant music, town/area music. Yeah, just no cool old school classic music anywhere =(
Old 07-12-2012, 01:59 PM
Aviak

Still no game music or combat music. The sounds work fine though.