Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2012, 05:34 PM
Large Bat

Send a message via AIM to Zaisy
Cool Socializing in game making more friends

Wassup all,
I am returning to p99, continuing a mage that I play casually. Last time I played I didn't connect with many players and spent time soloing. This time around I want to solo and make friends with the cool ass mofo's out there on blue.

Can you guys suggest some good practices for getting out and about on p99 for the solo, casual player?

-Zaisy
Old 07-14-2012, 05:45 PM
Fire Giant

grouping is the best way to socialize...not sure what you are trying to ask here. If you want to make friends there is no better way than grouping
Old 07-14-2012, 06:27 PM
Large Bat

Send a message via AIM to Zaisy

yeah just more people to chat with and hang out on p99.

was thinking: group more, get into a guild, hang out in ec?
Old 07-14-2012, 07:39 PM
Large Bat

All of the above. Picking more than one method will surely give you better chances of meeting(and socializing with) new people.
Old 07-14-2012, 08:23 PM
Aviak

You should look through the guild forum and find a casual guild to meet your needs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-14-2012, 08:40 PM
Banned

A11 C@PZ&#RSNNOPUN7V@1NZ OR SP311Z!N<

All humor aside. I felt like I should add a bit. The best way to make a good social network in this game is:

#1 be polite, your are not entitled to everything, and the other people are doing you a favor by being there to play with, say thank you for sows, and share your loot
#2 help someone out, be patient even if their not the best player give them a night without getting up in their case over their playstyle, gear, or whatever, it may be what they need to just relax, they will appreciate it
#3 group, be loyal to your groups, be assertive, if you need to afk for more then a few minutes camp out and offer your spot up, most of the time you'll get back in
#4 people deserve responses even if its a "sorry no can do" it helps people filter what they need to know when looking for groups and buying items in EC

Those are not major, but minor little things that I think are important to not being considered a scrub. Its cool to be an undergeared noob =P but being un-communicative and trolly all the time is a sure way to look bad.

Also I just noticed you solo allot, its hard to make friends doing that, but if you play a class that can help others, run and help some noobs for a bit and talk to them, they'll put you on friends list and send you /tells from time to time, Ive made friends that way.

Another thing you can do is just randomly send tells to non-busy looking people and strike up a conversation =) if their busy you'll usually know quick lol. Might need to group a bit to get a guilds attention, or talk to the officers in a guild your interested in joining, they'll tell you what they expect of you and whats up with the guild. Once your in guild chat, its all good you got your friends =)
Last edited by runlvlzero; 07-16-2012 at 12:11 PM..
Old 07-16-2012, 01:33 PM
Sarnak

I found that while playing a solo-leveling mage. 90% of my friends were mages and necros. I would just send tells to the random people in the camps with me. Turns out many of them now have alts so it's a bit more diverse, but I always would just chat with them while we solo HG's, SF's, or BW giants or whatever!
Closed Thread