Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 08:21 PM
Fire Giant

Rangers are fun til about 40, when their skillcaps diverge from other melees and you experience first hand why they are utterly terrible.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephirith [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rangers are fun til about 40, when their skillcaps diverge from other melees and you experience first hand why they are utterly terrible.
Which is why they are fun to twink. Make an unrealistically powerful character who shouldn't have that ability on their own.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:19 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So what does everyone think is the most worthwhile and fun class to invest piles of plat in and twink out? And why?
A paladin. Get a bevy of click toys, haste and regen and go have fun! A self sufficient paladin is a quirky solo experience. If you are able to solo as a paladin with ridiculous gear, then you're going to rock any group you join too =) Just load up a few stuns and POW!

Even before Deepwater can be used, if you are sickly geared you're going to be able chip down most any single mob you like before it can kill you off.

I am biased. But I've always had fun accumulating gear on my pally.

I still drool over CoF (haven't gotten one yet here!) and LOOOOOOVE giving a rooted mob the middle finger as I use my DW BP or Helm to top off and get going again.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:27 AM
Planar Protector

The grind is still a bitch, but I've had a really fun time twinking an Iksar SK and leveling up non-PL style.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:37 AM
Planar Protector

Am I the only one who understood the OP to mean, like, millions of pp, when he said "piles"?

Cause there is a pretty big difference between how ANY class plays if you are twinking with 200k vs. 2000k.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:42 AM
Sarnak

Monk. Fists down.
Agoraphobia - Rogue
Refund - Enchanter
Stryche - Shadow Knight (Current toon)

<Azure Guard>
Old 08-01-2012, 11:52 AM
Planar Protector

Plate melees, war/sk! So much options gear-wise; monks it's prty much get a haste item+fungi, park it at Dalnir and farm crescent for the rest of the slots? Also think shaman-alt is the thing to do. Kinda like iksar necro/Monk was what everyone was working on pre-kunark.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:58 AM
Planar Protector

I have a necro and a monk, I shoveled all my plat into my monk for a while as monks get better efficiency out of gear, but necros are still way better at soloing. Just get some HP gear, and depending on how much money you have you can get your necro to like 1.8k self buffed, you can run around fucking everything up
Old 08-01-2012, 02:43 PM
Banned

twinked out ranger owns face

roll a monk if your a poser
Old 08-01-2012, 02:48 PM
Planar Protector

I think the best way to twink is to really focus on your Race/Sex combo in addition to your class.

Also, consider that your twink doesn't have to be your meal ticket and min/max. have fun with unlikely combinations:

Eru/Female/Sk

Gnome/Male/Warrior etc..

I'd avoid rogue because regardless of how hard you're twinked, you're still going to need a partner or a group past let's say 35?
Last edited by azeth; 08-01-2012 at 02:51 PM..
Closed Thread