Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 02:19 AM
Orc

Default How do you play?

Just thought I'd ask how most people play! Which EQ UI do you use? Do you play in first person or third person? I haven't settled on a perspective yet, but I do use the Default_old UI. I seem to remember a giant, blue block UI, where your viewpoint was like, the upper middle of the screen, what happened to that?
Old 08-03-2012, 04:25 AM
Kobold

DuxaUI has essential quality of life features for me so I use it. 3rd person from playing years of WoW. 1st person keyboard-turning is quaint but I can't do it.
Old 08-03-2012, 05:31 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyosai7 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just thought I'd ask how most people play! Which EQ UI do you use? Do you play in first person or third person? I haven't settled on a perspective yet, but I do use the Default_old UI. I seem to remember a giant, blue block UI, where your viewpoint was like, the upper middle of the screen, what happened to that?
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It's gone.

Actually I lied, it's still there. But the client is no longer coded to use it. That support (UseNewUI=FALSE) was dropped I believe when Omens of War hit.

EQMac's client can still use it though. And there is an alternative. It's in the technical forum. It's not sticked. You'll have to dig for it.
Old 08-03-2012, 05:38 AM
Planar Protector

Personally, i alternate between first and third person depending on how small of an area i am in. Usually when grouping on my shaman i use primarily first person, but for some reason it bugs me to use first person when playing melee characters.
[XX Rogue] Hailto (Half-Elf)
Red:
[21 Wizard] Hailto (Dark-Elf)
Old 08-06-2012, 05:05 PM
Orc

Out of curiosity, which character models does everyone use? The originals have a nice charm to them, but I find the Luclin models to be overall better.
Old 08-06-2012, 05:13 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyosai7 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Out of curiosity, which character models does everyone use? The originals have a nice charm to them, but I find the Luclin models to be overall better.
Probably only gnomes, elves, humans, and erudites(erudites being my favorite Luclin model) if I were to use them. I don't really like any of the other ones. Currently using all classic.

@OP, I use DuxaUI so I don't have to constantly open my inventory to check things, plus it shows percentages on your XP bar and looks cleaner overall. Third person most of the time unless I'm having trouble targetting stuff. Gets kind of wonky for me sometimes.
Old 08-06-2012, 05:28 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeziyo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Probably only gnomes, elves, humans, and erudites(erudites being my favorite Luclin model) if I were to use them. I don't really like any of the other ones. Currently using all classic.

@OP, I use DuxaUI so I don't have to constantly open my inventory to check things, plus it shows percentages on your XP bar and looks cleaner overall. Third person most of the time unless I'm having trouble targetting stuff. Gets kind of wonky for me sometimes.
DuxaUI? I'll have to look into that. I'm getting sick of having to open my inventory every time I want to check my XP; especially when you're really low level and can't do much else besides grind until you're at a level you can do other stuff.
Old 08-06-2012, 05:37 PM
Kobold

Classic player models, classic elementals, velious UI skin, first-person usually but occasionally third-person
Old 08-06-2012, 05:38 PM
Kobold

I play with classic textures and character models in first person. I feel like it makes my character experiences feel more subjective. Although, when I'm just running around through long distances I enjoy throwing on auto-run and third person. And also I will usually switch to third person when I feign death to getter a better impression of the dangers around me. I use the default titanium UI, but I'm tempted to go to the velious one or try out Duxa.
Old 08-06-2012, 05:42 PM
Orc

It's hard finding a nice looking UI that doesn't cater mostly to raiders...