Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 11:40 AM
Aviak

I just downloaded the Duxa UI last night and tried it out. I'm a fan. Where have you been all my life??

One question, though. So I have the 15 slot bar that shows buffs, and then I have a 5 slot bar for I have no clue what. What is that for and how do I make it go away if it's useless??
Old 08-07-2012, 11:41 AM
Large Rat

From the tiny bits I can see thats a crazy hot desktop Danyelle ;p
Old 08-07-2012, 11:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrsusMajor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hmm, I may not be as old as the 'old' gamers then but at least I can still say to most video gamers, "I've been playing video games longer than you've been on this earth."
And you should! Ancient ones, represent.
Old 08-07-2012, 11:46 AM
Large Rat

I just found Project1999 (hi there!) so I'm still using whatever came with Titanium. I don't really like the UI though. I'm playing for the nostalgia, and also because I like the way EQ classic was set up. Nowadays all MMOs have the same UI (sort of like the one that comes with Titanium, actually) and I find them kinda boring...I think I'll go figure out how to use the original one. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I use first person in really tight spots, but it tends to make me dizzy, so I try to stick with third.
Last edited by Kaeyana; 08-07-2012 at 11:52 AM.. Reason: More reason to the rhyme
Old 08-07-2012, 11:49 AM
Decaying Skeleton

When I played eq back in the day I did 1st person for traveling and 3rd for combat. After years of MMO's I can really only do 3rd person.

Using default UI but going to use some of those posted here, have most the luclin models on.
Old 08-07-2012, 05:02 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aicha [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just downloaded the Duxa UI last night and tried it out. I'm a fan. Where have you been all my life??

One question, though. So I have the 15 slot bar that shows buffs, and then I have a 5 slot bar for I have no clue what. What is that for and how do I make it go away if it's useless??
Short term buff window, aka bardsong window. Not used on this server, but I don't remember the command to get rid of it.
Old 08-07-2012, 05:33 PM
Fire Giant

I just use one of the default UI's with the vertical hotbar.

As a bard I pretty much have to play in third person. Targeting is easier, and all those damn burst effects clutter up the screen. In raids I turn off the effects, but in groups I like the visual representation of the mez song, so I usually leave those effects on.
Old 08-07-2012, 06:47 PM
Orc

I just got DuxaUI yesterday and I'm really loving it. It's just a really well done UI.

And since everyone's comparing ages, I'm 23. I don't require medication for arthritis yet! YEAH!
Old 08-07-2012, 07:06 PM
Fire Giant

Always 3rd person, but not totally zoomed out so I can see all. Default UI organized and re-sized in a modern layout. Actually proud of my UI layout..
Closed Thread