Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 05:41 PM
Banned

population already dropping

was ~145 day or two ago at this time, now 82
Old 08-21-2012, 05:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you have this one last chance !
lol
Old 08-21-2012, 08:06 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-22-2012, 01:40 AM
Planar Protector

Agreed, the experience should be left at what it is right now, it's by far a huge enough time investment to get 60 at this rate, i think any slower will result in a negative effect.

There needs to be a balance, and i think its pretty good right now. With a job i can get around 3 levels per day at this rate playing around 4 hours a day (which still is a lot).

I'm sure 50-60 will be slower but that's fine, the really boring part is 1-50, once you get 50+ you do more fun stuff while you exp, such as pvp, exp where good stuff drops etc.

Keep it at this rate, add Yellow Text, watch box grow steadidly.

Box has huge potential, enjoying it FAR more this time around with the added ooc + exp bonus and ofcourse kubark
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
add more exp 1-40 or 1-50

50-60 should be slow, but thats when the game gets better (as smedy bro said)

... and seriously 1-40 is a complete joke, its not hard its just time consuming
1-40 is a joke... but you want to add more exp to that? Make up your mind.

And 1-40 is a joke... if yer a solo class. Try to get to 40 as a Warrior or Rogue or Paladin. It is damn near insanity.

Hot Zones are needed. Need to funnel people to places to support grouping and leveling together, thus finding friends and people you will level up with and form guilds and groups with after outlevelling that specific place.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomRogue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1-40 is a joke... but you want to add more exp to that? Make up your mind.

And 1-40 is a joke... if yer a solo class. Try to get to 40 as a Warrior or Rogue or Paladin. It is damn near insanity.

Hot Zones are needed. Need to funnel people to places to support grouping and leveling together, thus finding friends and people you will level up with and form guilds and groups with after outlevelling that specific place.
Yosto you need to play bro, i pm you our info to the teamspeak, we doing it big again.

I think what foxx means by "adding exp" is actually making it "more exp per kill" or "add exp bonus" so essentially he wants 1-40 to be a lot faster.

got damn
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smedy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
got damn
Javla Skit!
Old 08-22-2012, 10:39 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwall [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
population already dropping

was ~145 day or two ago at this time, now 82
There was 112 on last night weekday. 154 was highest I saw on launch day, if your pals on LoZ had a set, they would come back to Red99 and make an attempt at playing again. So ez to say the server is 'corrupt' and shy away from the challenge. I left Red99 because of it's issues as well, but giving it a second shot in Kunark.

Ez to sit around and wait for the population to dwindle again because you can't nut up and contribute to it cuz it's 'too hard' if the 40 or so 2boxing stragglers that play on LoZ came to Red99 we would have had 200 on launch day.

Fact is if it can maintain anything over 100+ single boxed, it is a success as far as the pop goes and way more than any variation of vz/tz or loz considering their numbers r boxed, just not that many people interested in playing EQ 14 years later.

Red99 Graveyard blog updated 4/8, find yourself!
Old 08-22-2012, 10:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palemoon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nilbog already said there is a 50 percent bonus that will never go away. Only thing that is going away next week is the "extra" 50 percent bonus for kunark release.

Anyways, imo what we need more then even more bonus is to make the hybrid xp penalty apply to the hybrid alone, not shared out with the group. People are avoiding hybrids like they have the plauge and shutting them out of "community" with that anchor around their neck is far far more destructive to new player retention then extra xp bonus.

XP bonux 10x = wizards/druids/necros level 10x faster. Hybrids still avoided like leppers and quit.

I saw it leveling to 50, and i'm seeing it all over again. The original devs changed this malus when everyone became aware of it and started to descriminate. Ok, we are there now on p99. Make the malus carried by the individual hybrid only. I'm sure they wont mind carrying the burden themselves to 60 if they could actually get groups, join the community of players and have fun.

tl;dr: Make all class xp penalties self only, not dished out and shared with the group.

When the server launched i would have said its about the journey (aka pvping along the way) but since it seems we are not going to see the end of xp loss in pvp, i have 0 interest in rolling a pvp alt that i have to PVE grind to keep at the level i want him to be.

Most people are 50 or close to 50 now and the fun is probably most at the end game also. Ive seen a new guy comment that the worse to him was the lack of people to group with at 18.

Id say keep at least the current bonus, leave 50+ as it is (kunark launch bonus) because anyway right now, its 95% pve and 5% pvp in Kunark. We booted Nihi from KC last nite and they didnt even try to get it back, with their guild list being cut short.

Im enjoying the new zones, but for me the fun will be at 60 fighting over PVE so i wanna be done with grinding ASAP since pvp is not happening much. We need a healthy population at end game and we need the new guys not trailing behind for months alone and finally giving up and logging off before they reach end game.
Last edited by Tradesonred; 08-22-2012 at 10:42 AM..
Old 08-22-2012, 10:50 AM
Kobold

All 'hyrbid' exp penalties should be removed. It is a silly thought on such a small playerbase.

Red99 Graveyard blog updated 4/8, find yourself!
Closed Thread