Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 11:03 PM
Kobold

Unhappy evil eyes everywhere in ek

I recall seeing a blip in the patch notes reguarding evil eyes spawning rarely near the gorge in ek now, but I can't hardly go near the area without fear of being trampled by e-4 of them at once. Plz look into their spawn rates. =(
Old 06-03-2010, 01:26 PM
Project Manager

I went to EK. Repopped it 15 times, and never had more than 1 evil eye up at a time.

You sir would be considered lucky by some.
Old 06-03-2010, 02:39 PM
Kobold

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-03-2010, 03:03 PM
Kobold

That was pretty funny
Old 06-03-2010, 03:19 PM
Kobold

In defense of the OP, nearly everything in EK shares the same spawn table. I don't know if that includes evil eyes or not (with perhaps a very low spawn chance), but if it does, you could very well end up with a fairly large number of them just because nobody is killing them.

I know when people (including me) were farming spiders for silk in EK, you could eventually make it so that there were almost no spiders in the zone if that's all you killed, because sooner or later their spawn spots would get filled up with other mobs.

Just a thought.
Old 06-06-2010, 01:32 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

I <3 Morfnblorsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilbog
If all the polls I have done up until now fully counted, you would be playing on some abomination of a PVP server with 2-10 boxing based on votes from people named xcm234nv and adfa234.
Old 06-06-2010, 01:44 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via MSN to Jify

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toony [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That was pretty funny
+1
Old 06-06-2010, 07:10 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morfnblorsh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Words cannot express how epic and random this is. +1
35 Shaman, Mluh
Old 06-06-2010, 08:51 PM
Banned

I've seen 2 up at once in EK. If someone levelled there long enough, I would imagine they could kill enough place holders to get 4.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:38 AM
Skeleton

On the live servers I had a bad habit of starting new toons whenever a new server was opened, then racing to 50. I remember times on live servers where Oasis was filled with sand giants because the lower level mobs were all killed repeatedly and no one was high enough level to kill the sand giants. The first person to hit 30 would soak up a significant amount of platinum from those sand giants.

A similar situation happened in EK. At some point in time the zone would be unusable because there were 20 or more EEs roaming around. Again, the first person who was high enough level to kill those EEs made a killing selling the bracelets that those dropped.
Closed Thread