Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 02:49 PM
Orc

Barbi boobies > all
Old 08-27-2012, 03:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomberSunday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Barbi boobies > all
naw wood elf always trumps. You really don't need more than a big handful, let's get real here.
Old 08-27-2012, 03:38 PM
Planar Protector

It's been said a million times, but here's one million and one.

Ogre frontal stun immunity is so overrated. A slowed mob bashes once every 32 seconds. Half of those don't land. Many mobs kick half the time instead of bash. Stun immunity means 1 less interrupt every minute or two. The majority of interrupts come from straight damage push, not from bash. If you're playing your level 60 shaman right, the majority of your casts is canni 3. Being interrupted on canni 3 is not something to cry about. Ogres are shit.

For leveling, barb is where it's at. The BS hammer is just straight amazing for killing stuff, period. It's less important at 60, especially once you have epic, but it's still nice.

Troll and Iksar regen is quite nice, far more useful than ogre stun immunity. Regen is not inconsequential at level 60. And whoever said shamans don't wear fungi at level 60, you're an undiluted idiot.

If you're starting a shaman now, I'd go troll. The regen and snare neck are far more useful than other racial benefits. If you don't like looking like a giant piece of crap, go Iksar.
Old 08-27-2012, 03:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orruar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
information
Perhaps if you weren't so demonstrative folks would actually read your monologues.

Really, are we "undiluted idiots" for stating Fungi won't be the primary BP in Velious? Or are you just being a dick, per usual?

I think you may want to read up on Velious gear if you sincerely think you'll be sporting a fungi while doing WW drags.

Also, fyi dragons/mammoths kick, and bash far more often than once every 30 secs. Enjoy getting butthoused by Tantor as a barbarian/troll/iksar.
Last edited by azeth; 08-27-2012 at 03:46 PM..
Old 08-27-2012, 03:47 PM
Planar Protector

Azeth why don't you go crawl back into whatever pussywhipped twink hole you crawled out of? Bitch
Old 08-27-2012, 03:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Perhaps if you weren't so demonstrative folks would actually read your monologues.

Really, are we "undiluted idiots" for stating Fungi won't be the primary BP in Velious? Or are you just being a dick, per usual?
Perhaps if you didn't just make shit up, folks would actually read your monologues.

He didn't say we'd be wearing new bps in Velious. He said shamans only wear fungi now for fashion. And further stated that regen for a shaman is "meh". Yes torpor is great, but I'd rather be getting hp back mana-free and without the need for a 6 second cast of a spell. And when tanking hard hitters and brutal casters like in HS south, I may need to keep torpor up constantly. This means the regen actually allows me to continue to canni nonstop whereas without I may have to pause for a couple ticks.
Old 08-27-2012, 04:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reikerz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're not using Vindicator BP in Velious you just need to reroll Druid or maybe stop playing the game. I can see wearing Fungi in Kunark because your options suck (JB BP is awful besides the clicky) but Vindi BP is one of the best shaman items in the entire expansion, plus it's so easy to get. I think I replaced my Vindi BP with Bloodlink Chestmail. That Velious BP served me until Gates of Discord.

Stun immunity is not god mode. But it could definitely save your ass. I mained a barbarian shaman for years, do you realize how many times I died because I had a critical spell like torpor or a re-turgurs bashed away? I raged every single time wishing I had rolled an ogre. Yes, most of the time you might get Canni III or IV bashed and it's inconsequential, but Murphy's Law still applies. A bit of regen might make you slightly more efficient. Having a spell stunned can kill you.

The regen and snare neck are tiny bonuses. They're not on par to stun immunity.
Nobody is talking about fungi in Velious except for Azeth who tried to use it (unsuccessfully) as a straw man.

And just because you couldn't time your spells around bashes doesn't mean nobody can. I suppose ogre is the easy choice if you can't figure out how to cast around the bash timer, on fights where it's necessary. Keep in mind that probably 80% of interrupts are due to damage, not to bash interrupt. I'd imagine most of your deaths from interrupts were due to straight damage and not bash, in which case iksar is the only one that helps with that.
Old 08-27-2012, 04:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orruar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nobody is talking about fungi in Velious except for Azeth who tried to use it (unsuccessfully) as a straw man..
hey genius, check the thread title.

seems as though you need puppet strings to accomplish anything, including rational thinking.
Last edited by azeth; 08-27-2012 at 04:46 PM..
Old 08-27-2012, 04:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reikerz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're not using Vindicator BP in Velious you just need to reroll Druid or maybe stop playing the game. I can see wearing Fungi in Kunark because your options suck (JB BP is awful besides the clicky) but Vindi BP is one of the best shaman items in the entire expansion, plus it's so easy to get. I think I replaced my Vindi BP with Bloodlink Chestmail. That Velious BP served me until Gates of Discord.

Stun immunity is not god mode. But it could definitely save your ass. I mained a barbarian shaman for years, do you realize how many times I died because I had a critical spell like torpor or a re-turgurs bashed away? I raged every single time wishing I had rolled an ogre. Yes, most of the time you might get Canni III or IV bashed and it's inconsequential, but Murphy's Law still applies. A bit of regen might make you slightly more efficient. Having a spell stunned can kill you.

The regen and snare neck are tiny bonuses. They're not on par to stun immunity.
What the hell does a level 65 BP have to do with P1999?
Old 08-27-2012, 04:52 PM
Planar Protector

That chest plate is ridiculous

Sometimes i don't even recognize EQ loot once I see numbers over 100.

I think the rogue epic 5.0 or whatever the hell it is, is like 65 damage 10 delay
Closed Thread