Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

View Poll Results: Classic Resist System or Custom?
Classic Everquest Resists. 63 77.78%
Null's Custom Resists. 18 22.22%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 04:37 PM
Planar Protector

you must not mind being over looked. keep clutching that dream if it keeps you warm i guess.
Old 09-04-2012, 04:38 PM
Banned

Maybe resists need a LITTLE tweaking but lol on the first cast posts. I remember first casting Nizzar once but that's it. Ive never landed a root on wakawaka, teruoh, ect. Landed a root on Batlle on e after i dispelled his mr buff. Even I barely got first casted with my 50 or so mr. first cast happens. As far as item loot, just lol
Last edited by SamwiseBanned; 09-04-2012 at 04:40 PM..
Old 09-04-2012, 04:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseBanned [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe resists need a LITTLE tweaking but lol on the first cast posts. I remember first casting Nizzar once but that's it. Ive never landed a root on wakawaka, teruoh, ect. Landed a root on Batlle on e after i dispelled his mr buff. Even I barely got first casted with my 50 or so mr. first cast happens. As far as item loot, just lol

You first (maybe 2nd?) casted me in solb soon as I zoned in with 120+mr. If thats not bad enough, you were around 8 levels under me. I got first casted with 171 last week by someone 4 levels under me. 171 first cast is my record in the last week, but I've had several 140s, 130s and numerous in betweens in the last month.
Old 09-04-2012, 04:47 PM
Banned

I think you guys been playing garbage boxes so much that you've forgotten actual classic pvP. you are used to 10 v 10 boxing enabled battles, not 15v15+ individuals on vent coordinating cc. If you think you should be immune to 6 people chain rooting you then sorry, maybe a low level twink would be better suited for your ez mode playstyle
Old 09-04-2012, 04:48 PM
Banned

I don't recall rooting destin. I typical just nuke wizards
Old 09-04-2012, 04:51 PM
Banned

When I said little tweak I was referring to level range. I had a lvl 16 sk land everything on me with 35 mr. I am 100% sure level range is not being factored in and yes I reported it. I was 45 at the time.
Old 09-04-2012, 05:00 PM
Banned

All I'm saying is thAt it's not as bad as people make it seem. In a 1v1 situation root isn't really the deciding factor seeing as how it can easily be pumiced off just as fast as it can be casted and you'll resist most roots with 70-90 mr
Old 09-04-2012, 05:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseBanned [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think you guys been playing garbage boxes so much that you've forgotten actual classic pvP. you are used to 10 v 10 boxing enabled battles, not 15v15+ individuals on vent coordinating cc. If you think you should be immune to 6 people chain rooting you then sorry, maybe a low level twink would be better suited for your ez mode playstyle
Most epic quote on forums to date. God this community/GM's are retards LOL.
Old 09-04-2012, 05:43 PM
Planar Protector

MR did make you immune on live, whether that's a good thing or a bad thing, that's up for debate. Personally, I think the return on investment for resist gear for damaging spells is not worth it, for CC it should be like on live.

Though I do agree, it's funny seeing a lot these VZTZ legends who know nothing of PVE except what they've seen on their boxes be flummoxed repeatedly by classic EQ encounters, and then having the audacity to say "this encounter isn't classic!" lol
Old 09-04-2012, 06:00 PM
Banned

Dullah, log on with your 170 mr and tell me how many roots land out of 20. I don't care about first, second, third cast and neither does the math involved. Just gimme some real numbers to work with. Right now the arguement from both sides has been "in my experience" including myself. In my experience, more than half if not more of my roots have ever landed, against Nihilum I'd say 1/5th of all my roots have landed. Again the 1/5 ratio is on the top of my head so i could be wrong.

in fact all of you in favor of changing the resist system should be taking pics of you level and mr with one of your chat boxes showing 20 or so roots casted in a row by someone of similiar level. I know Null has that root parser thingamagic but maybe that thing isnt right. Let's put some actual SS of proof up so we can get the facts straights.
Last edited by SamwiseBanned; 09-04-2012 at 06:04 PM..
Closed Thread