Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 02:26 PM
Sarnak

While a monk may need the best gear available in order to get decent resists, that ~120 threshold is not very difficult to get with other melee classes. It may suck til 40s, but anyone who actually spends a little time working on gear can bounce most CC.

Split paw mask - 5
BI crown - 5
JC stuff - 23
rbf - 10
sarnak tabard - 10
bs mantle - 10

Roll with a priest class and you are at ~128 MR buffed with junk gear that anyone should have by 40. After that, a jacinth ring or 2 and an EoE is not a huge investment of time.

While I hated these resists before the Kunark release, now that so much more diverse gear is available, they really aren't that bad. On live you could resist everything even with crap gear. Basic JC gear and 1 buff meant anyone could run off to a zone and plug the instant PvP happened. This resist system makes the game more more offensively oriented than classic was, but that is just as much an opportunity as it is a shortcoming. How inspired would you be to PvP if classic resists were in and most of Nihilum were 95% spell immune? How many screens would Gloinzz get to post if root never stuck and his draughts hit for 75-120 a shot?
Old 09-05-2012, 02:30 PM
Banned

lol @ people wanting group pvp to boil down to 4 druids spamming root on one person and then the melee train instantly killing them once it lands
Old 09-05-2012, 02:40 PM
Planar Protector

Its more than just about how often supposedly your own root lands on yourself. Test it on other people. Especially test it after zoning over. I'd say the chance to land that first root is about 50% higher than any after it. I've been first rooted 20+ times if I've been rooted once.

If I have to sacrifice 300 hp and 50str for 140MR just to still be rooted in a matter of seconds by casters running around with levitate that I can barely follow as they glitch back and forth on this laggy server... I guess I just won't play.
Old 09-05-2012, 02:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by notCwall [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol @ people wanting group pvp to boil down to 4 druids spamming root on one person and then the melee train instantly killing them once it lands
In your scenario it will take those 4 druids on average just over 16 seconds of uninterrupted casting to land that 1 6% chance snare. That is just slightly longer than it would take 4 wizards to cast 8 ice comets. It is just shorter than it would take for 4 druids to put 4 WD, DD, Ro's on 4 targets.

Your oversimplification makes no sense at all, especially in light of how short heal ranges are in this game.
Old 09-05-2012, 03:03 PM
Planar Protector

This entire thread would be interesting if there was any actual large scale PVP, but there's not, so who really cares?
Old 09-05-2012, 03:04 PM
Planar Protector

Largescale pvp = 90% of the server casting roots and assist training.

wtb darkfall 2.0
Old 09-05-2012, 03:06 PM
Fire Giant

there's no largescale pvp because 75% of the online server pop at any given time are in the two blue raiding guilds
Old 09-05-2012, 03:09 PM
Planar Protector

Raiding is obviously very blue. What were we all thinking on RZ/SZ/TZ/VZ for all those years. Think of all the time we wasted playing Everquest and raiding when we could have just PvP'd outside the city gates every day for 5 years.
Old 09-05-2012, 03:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dullah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Largescale pvp = 90% of the server casting roots and assist training.

wtb darkfall 2.0
Mass pvp involving tactics with assist? Fuck this shit I want my melee to run in like John Rambo attacking anything that moves. Sounds like WoW pvp is for u
Old 09-05-2012, 03:15 PM
Banned

You say root ruins pvp yet u had no problem using conflag wands. I guess when it's not in your favor it needs to be changed. Btw who the hell focus fires a rogue anyway. Again it sounds like u r being rooted when up against multiple casters solo. Sorry you feel a rogue should come out of a 3v1 but that's redonkulous.

As for Nirgon saying 70mr should be immune lol. I have 72 mr with one buff and like 1 or 2 pieces of mr gear. Bards can stack 200+ easily. Shouldn't that be an advantage and not complete overkill
Last edited by SamwiseBanned; 09-05-2012 at 03:20 PM..
Closed Thread