Orc

Well what does the quest involve?
Old 11-26-2009, 08:07 AM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-26-2009, 09:10 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^^^

I couldn't have said it better myself.

The inmates have officially usurped full control of the asylum.

It's officially no longer worth anyone's time to feedback anymore.

This would have made me angry enough to 12 page rant a week ago, but I basically gave up hope/the ability to care a week ago, so cest la vie.

Bring on the tanks! Bonus points if you can guess which of the 5 objects in the picture is the fellow that has been deemed the "corrupt, exploiting GM who's been a bane to our server since day one and was taken down by necessary force!"

Last edited by Bubbles; 11-26-2009 at 09:17 AM..
Old 11-26-2009, 10:12 AM
Fire Giant

Send a message via MSN to Jify

I noticed in the previous thread that there was going to be a "check" of the logs of people buying Kiola Nuts in mass. I'd just like to remind you that there seems to be "two" uses for the nuts.

One involves the Trueshot Bow quest, which I'm sure a lot of rangers have attempted (thus buying many nuts in mass quantities). I did many turn in's at lvl 16ish and recieved about 1/4 of a blue. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The other involves pure exp. Not sure about the details, haven't touched it.
Old 11-26-2009, 03:12 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"which of the 5 objects in the picture is the fellow that has been deemed the "corrupt, exploiting GM who's been a bane to our server since day one and was taken down by necessary force!"
The street light!!!
It's the street light!!

Maybe some people bought 1400 Kiola nuts because they wanted to be prepared for all of the Stein of Moggok runs they'd be doing. EXPloit imo
Old 11-26-2009, 05:27 PM
Sarnak

I heard about it and turned in 600 (3 - 10 slot bags full) of these to test it out on Touch, and it wasn't all that (which may be attributed to the ogre/SK exp penalty). I did get max faction with merchants/qeynos guards however, which is the real prize for an ogre SK.

I could have spent half the money/time/effort and just paid someone to powerlevel me for more experience then the quest gave in the time it took to get the materials and make/turn in the items =P

I know we shouldn't discuss bans (It's already been brought up), but as far as Tantalar, he is a higher level hybrid and anyone that knows him will understand he is not an all out expert on classic eq (no offense Tantalar). It doesn't mean he hasn't done plenty for the community (He was the one doing rezzes for about 8 hours after the server changed hosts). Seems kind of baseless to ban someone who has dedicated over a year of his time to help the server over a questionable quest that I doubt he knew was over the top.
Last edited by Allizia; 11-26-2009 at 06:38 PM..
Old 11-26-2009, 07:27 PM
Kobold

simple fix,

recall EXP except for the 2 or 3 lvls...

remove quest from game...

I know. Its to much work
Old 11-26-2009, 07:35 PM
Kobold

......................................__.......... ......................................
.............................,-~*`¯lllllll`*~,................................... .......
.......................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,....................................
..................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,..................................
...............,-*lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllll.\.................................
.............;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\............................ ....
..............\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/.........\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,...........................
...............\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*...........`~-~-,...(.(¯`*,`,..........................
................\llllllllllll,-~*.....................)_-\..*`*;..)..........................
.................\,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................/.....................
..................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;................/.\..................
................./.../.../.../..,-,..*~,.`*~*................*...\.................
................|.../.../.../.*`...\...........................)....)¯`~,...... ............
................|./.../..../.......)......,.)`*~-,............/....|..)...`~-,.............
..............././.../...,*`-,.....`-,...*`....,---......\..../...../..|.........¯```*~-,,,,
...............(..........)`*~-,....`*`.,-~*.,-*......|.../..../.../............\........
................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*..........|.,*...,*...|..............\........
...................*,.........`-,...)-,..............,-*`...,-*....(`-,............\.......
......................f`-,.........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*....,-*......|...`-,..........\........
Old 11-27-2009, 06:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bannedfornoreason [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its a shame that there are traps like this for some people who are not familiar with Classic content. I think it's a bit surprising and very sketchy that after several weeks of people using this quest only now is it brought to light that the quest is an exploit. In the past there was at least 1 thread where this was brought up and nothing was done about it. I think if the GM staff wants to keep the server going, they should not be so cruel to people who stumble upon misdemeanor bugs and those who don't know better. Did not one single GM see the massive never ending spam for half of the day that the dwarf was up and think to investigate? Very fishy
cmon!!! Don't play dumb, if someone only had to do this quest to get 1-50 in 1 full day thats just plain stupid. You have to be a retard to think the quest wasn't bugged, and its just a cop out if you say its only for faction. Its just funny that Tantalar was doing it. I saw him level at least 3 times in his 40s hahah.
Old 11-27-2009, 06:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
cmon!!! Don't play dumb, if someone only had to do this quest to get 1-50 in 1 full day thats just plain stupid. You have to be a retard to think the quest wasn't bugged, and its just a cop out if you say its only for faction. Its just funny that Tantalar was doing it. I saw him level at least 3 times in his 40s hahah.
46 - 44 = 2

You're fucking sick at math bro. Tutor me?
Closed Thread