Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 03:47 AM
Large Bat

Default Question about Agility.

I made an Ogre Shadowknight and was told you need to have 75 Agility to not have an AC Penalty I heard. Well, I just became overencumbered and my AC stayed the same. I am now thinking that it was "over" 75 Agility to not take the penalty.

Just kinda wondering if it is in fact over 75 agility. If so I will have to reroll my SK I guess. Unless there is another way or some kind of easy to obtain AGI ranged trinket? I have been looking up quests and can't find anything for AGI hardly that SK Ogres can wear.
Old 06-04-2010, 03:53 AM
Banned

This is classic Everquest, you're supposed to send random tells to people asking random questions.

If only there was a way to communcate with people on the server...
Old 06-04-2010, 04:04 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Wait what? I'm not quite understanding what you're saying >.<.

Edit: Ahhh lol yes... You must have 75 agi or over.
Last edited by Gaimcap; 06-04-2010 at 04:08 AM..
Old 06-04-2010, 06:13 AM
Planar Protector

It will not reduce your displayed AC value, it will just be used as a negative multiplicator against your AC as far as i know
Old 06-04-2010, 09:48 AM
Banned

Going from 74 to 75 agi on live most definitely had a huge impact on your displayed AC.
Old 06-04-2010, 12:35 PM
Orc

AC is a combination of two components, your avoidance and your mitigation.

The AC number you see on gear only counts towards mitigation. If you add 1000 AC to your gear, you will not take a single less hit than you would have taken with absolutely no gear at all. The advantage of gear AC is that those hits will tend, on average, to be for less damage. So with 1000 AC worth of gear, you're much more likely to survive taking those hits than you would have naked.

AGI affects your avoidance value. When your AGI drops below 75 (due to excess weight of gear or detrimental effects cast upon you) you take more hits. As your AC goes up from 75, your avoidance increases, but not as quickly as it in effect increased getting to 75.

Now it is possible that if your AGI dropped below 75 the AC value you see listed on your character did not appear to decrease all that much. That's because the bulk of the displayed value is from your mitigation AC. In that case, you will rapidly see mobs' accuracy increase (and thus your health drop faster and faster in fights) even while the AC value appears to have only dropped slightly.

Bottom line, you should always try to keep your AGI above 75. While the apparent change to your displayed AC is slight, the actual impact of the change can be quite severe as mobs go from landing (as an example) 50% of their attacks to 80% or more...
Old 06-04-2010, 01:28 PM
Large Bat

wow, thanks kerrik, i definitely benefited from your post! yay, keep that knowledge coming please
Old 06-04-2010, 01:42 PM
Banned

http://projecteqemu.googlecode.com/s...one/attack.cpp
Old 06-04-2010, 01:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
!!!!

void Mob::CommonDamage(Mob* attacker, sint32 &damage, const int16 spell_id, const SkillType skill_used, bool &avoidable, const sint8 buffslot, const bool iBuffTic) {

Ahhhh thanks it's all crystal clear now....
Old 06-04-2010, 01:57 PM
Large Bat

So as long as I have 75 Agility on my Shadowknight I shouldn't be taking the penalty is what it sounds like.

The one thing that had me curious was on my Bard who has over 75 AGI (He has 78) I would notice his AC drop when I was overencumbered and dropped below the 75AC mark, but on my SK when my AC dropped under 75 I noticed no such penalty. It made me assume that the penalty was already in place, and thus over 75 Agility was the safe point.
Closed Thread