Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 12:15 PM
Kobold

Just wanted to note that if you FD to break the charm, feign death memory is ignored and the pet will regen health quite fast, med up and you can just keep him. If one of the patrols in Howling Stones zone in is undead you can sit on the stairs and FD, stand up np w/o CoS. I did 56-60 at the zone in and sometimes pit. With pats down you can just heal your skeleton and root/fd single pull the golems if you'd rather.
Old 09-27-2012, 04:51 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Burning wood giant fort with a rogue. It was twice as fast as any group in KC/HS/chardok/seb with my rogue from 53-58, and I bet it is still actually decent xp in 59 even with 2/3 of the giants being light blue.
Get out of my turf!

Nagash
http://25.media.tumblr.com/ab9521a00...4dqyo1_250.gif
Old 09-27-2012, 08:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zozo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just wanted to note that if you FD to break the charm, feign death memory is ignored and the pet will regen health quite fast, med up and you can just keep him. If one of the patrols in Howling Stones zone in is undead you can sit on the stairs and FD, stand up np w/o CoS. I did 56-60 at the zone in and sometimes pit. With pats down you can just heal your skeleton and root/fd single pull the golems if you'd rather.
Pet exp nerf applies if you do this though. This is why reverse charming is faster. Also an added point: if you charm and fd even without cos it's immediate memblur. Cos won't help, as your pet is undead anyway, but yeah it memblurs immediately so you can just guard him far away, fd and get up instantly np
Old 09-28-2012, 09:28 AM
Kobold

can anyone post a video for this please? would really like to see this being done
Old 09-28-2012, 10:18 AM
Aviak

when I played I would go fro 56-60 in permafrost basement. Plenty of mobs - very... very.. easy to kill. Just snare and kite them. There is a huge safe area to afk anytime you want. I would bind down there. When I needed to get out I would snare a mob and fear it and use my OT hammer to proc out.

It can be a bit of a pain to get down there... you need to run past the vox moving rock and use DMF and fall / levi down the fake floor. Some of the mobs saw through inside but you can just make a mad dash down there and FD the rest of the way. When you get down there you are set until 60. If you are worried about the ice giants just harmshied past thm and fall down the fake floor... the ice giants end up taking a retarded path to get to you and you can just FD them off.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:20 AM
Planar Protector

^ 90% ZEM in Permafrost too.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by saedain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
can anyone post a video for this please? would really like to see this being done
You can see me doing it in the game if you're willing to come to HS north... sometime after oct 6th.
Old 09-28-2012, 01:01 PM
Aviak

HS basement til you get the hang of it, then learn to do north wing, then when you get to 59 get yourself a west key. If you're skillful, attentive to respawn timers (I keep two timers, one for respawns and one to keep track of my root durations), you will TEAR through the levels, and 59 especially will go ridiculously fast in west wing.
Old 09-28-2012, 01:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordFresh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
when I played I would go fro 56-60 in permafrost basement. Plenty of mobs - very... very.. easy to kill. Just snare and kite them. There is a huge safe area to afk anytime you want. I would bind down there. When I needed to get out I would snare a mob and fear it and use my OT hammer to proc out.

It can be a bit of a pain to get down there... you need to run past the vox moving rock and use DMF and fall / levi down the fake floor. Some of the mobs saw through inside but you can just make a mad dash down there and FD the rest of the way. When you get down there you are set until 60. If you are worried about the ice giants just harmshied past thm and fall down the fake floor... the ice giants end up taking a retarded path to get to you and you can just FD them off.
I'd have probably done this if I didn't do the charming thing. Reverse charming is just faceroll easy once you get it down tho.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:33 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Pet exp nerf applies if you do this though. This is why reverse charming is faster. Also an added point: if you charm and fd even without cos it's immediate memblur. Cos won't help, as your pet is undead anyway, but yeah it memblurs immediately so you can just guard him far away, fd and get up instantly np
Very rarely will you outdamage your pet if you put vex and cessation of cor on target. If uncertain simply add one lifetap to the mix. Sometimes I would root one golem and instead of FDing for a single pull I would just throw splurt on him. Once you get confident you can root 2 golems seperately and splurt them down while you focus another down. In fact I don't think I have ever not outdamaged my pet. Yes I know how the CoS works, I was just saying. Sure you can go down in pit and just charm things fd/root when health is low, then switch pets. But mark my words you are going to eventually die, from a harm touch repop or just bad luck. Howling Stones doesn't fuck around.
Closed Thread