Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 02:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zozo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Very rarely will you outdamage your pet if you put vex and cessation of cor on target. If uncertain simply add one lifetap to the mix. Sometimes I would root one golem and instead of FDing for a single pull I would just throw splurt on him. Once you get confident you can root 2 golems seperately and splurt them down while you focus another down. In fact I don't think I have ever not outdamaged my pet. Yes I know how the CoS works, I was just saying. Sure you can go down in pit and just charm things fd/root when health is low, then switch pets. But mark my words you are going to eventually die, from a harm touch repop or just bad luck. Howling Stones doesn't fuck around.
Yes you will occasionally die. The benefit of reverse charming is totally worth dying every so often. Clerics made a fortune off rezzing me when I was learning how to do north. But it's still worth it. Also making sure you do more damage than a charmed pet is extremely mana intensive, why do that when all you need is one beguile undead, one root, and one deflux per kill? For reference: I did 59 to 60 in three days (8 hours a day or so) during the summer.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:09 PM
Kobold

Yea outdamaging charm pets is no easy task. Was only thinking about the skeleton for some reason. The FD when your pet is low and grab another to kill it works well, but you get that overconfidence going (I do atleast) and just keep recharming rather than chill and med to full.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zozo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But mark my words you are going to eventually die, from a harm touch repop or just bad luck. Howling Stones doesn't fuck around.
Welcome to HS enjoy your stay, this aint no hhk shit. You will die, and it is very un forgiving. You have to learn death is going to happen and more frequent than you are comfortable with. But welcome to the end of the line.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordenwatch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Clerics made a fortune off rezzing me when I was learning how to do north. But it's still worth it.
^uggggggh cleric on tap pls, gonna try something "new". Half a turn in the wrong spot and a sliver of lag, lol. Everquest Call of Duty. I hope you can dodge bullets son.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordenwatch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
when I was learning how to do north.
There are 4 wings to the zone, each progressively harder than the last. North (being easiest) South, West and East(hardest) in that order.

you don't know how deep the rabbit hole goes
Old 10-04-2012, 11:15 PM
Banned

Also watch out for floor carpets/rugs in each wing as there is 1 trap in each wing which leads you to basement which can be nasty.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:21 AM
Fire Giant

The truly lazy necro grinds it out in City of Mist to 59, simply to save Overthere faction so we are one OT hammer swing away from banking and buying food 'n' dots 'n' such.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] There's so few places to bank in kunark as a necro i could never stomach the thought of losing VS faction in HS. You only need to grind to 60 once.. you'll need to bank forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Most of the people with bad experiences with me hang out in R&F, shocking, looks like I'm doing something right.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:19 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The truly lazy necro grinds it out in City of Mist to 59, simply to save Overthere faction so we are one OT hammer swing away from banking and buying food 'n' dots 'n' such.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] There's so few places to bank in kunark as a necro i could never stomach the thought of losing VS faction in HS. You only need to grind to 60 once.. you'll need to bank forever.
Big Miley! Sup its Minten! hope your doing good
Old 10-05-2012, 10:16 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordFresh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Big Miley! Sup its Minten! hope your doing good
Aloha! always good to hear from a fellow gnome. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Most of the people with bad experiences with me hang out in R&F, shocking, looks like I'm doing something right.
Old 10-05-2012, 01:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

KC skelly basement doesn't have faction hits if I remember correctly (could have been changed by sundawg by now i suppose), unless it's a named mob.

Also, you could always tag along for TMO raids to hit those world dragons for your faction back too I suppose.
Closed Thread