Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 04:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormlord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
nobody is going to be concerned with the fking animals on this planet except the same people who have always worried about them. You know, the peta members, the farmers, the animal lovers?
Farmers don't really care about animals, they care about money [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I enchant things...
Old 05-31-2010, 05:14 AM
Planar Protector

Mister Anderrrson
Old 06-08-2010, 11:50 AM
Orc

What the hell is that religious doomsday crap video you posted Taxi? Has no bearing in this thread... We're talking about mans self destruction, not some hokey 'zomg jesus gunna zap us' nonsense.
Old 06-08-2010, 12:14 PM
Fire Giant

funfact: time and the universe will eventually cease to exist; it matters not to the cosmos whether we are around for 5 more years or 5 million more years. =)
Old 06-08-2010, 12:16 PM
Planar Protector

I'm so glad I'm a vegetarian and only shop organic.
Shit's so contaminated nowadays....
Old 06-08-2010, 12:34 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to Ihealyou

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickled_heretic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
funfact: time and the universe will eventually cease to exist; it matters not to the cosmos whether we are around for 5 more years or 5 million more years. =)
Are you talking about the end of life, or the end of existence? Assuming that there is an existence outside of the mind, how can existence cease to exist?

Also, organic food contributes to world hunger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Uuur - Your favorite Master +1 cleric <LifeAlert>
Rockwell - Your favorite 30 virgin <Aspen and Rockwell>
Old 06-08-2010, 12:39 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

lol, I've never considered you much of a troll till this post Taxi. All fanatics are fools, regardless of which side of the ball you sit on.

There are less funding cuts to nasa because of religion than healthcare, bailouts or pay raises for the jack asses in Washington.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilbog
If all the polls I have done up until now fully counted, you would be playing on some abomination of a PVP server with 2-10 boxing based on votes from people named xcm234nv and adfa234.
Old 06-08-2010, 12:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All our eggs are in a basket called earth, and im not sure what kind of catastrophic event its gonna take for humanity to get its shit together.
Actually, you're taking the environmentalists at their word that things are getting worse. In reality, if you look at the trends (rather than cherry picking short durations like they do) things have improved in most areas since the movement started in the 70s. The environmental lobby is BIG MONEY and, like all things, they need to stay on the doom and gloom message or the money pipe will slow to a trickle.

Sure there are setbacks (like the BP debacle, and for me the jury is still out on Global Warming) but the news is good on most fronts - read "The Skeptical Environmentalist" or see this Wikipedia page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ske...vironmentalist

Very controversial work, but makes a lot of sense that the scientists are chasing their grants and the environmentalists are chasing their donations, so it's understandable that the opposition has been fierce, but the work has stood up to scrutiny.

Regards,
Mg

OMNI Officer (Retired from EQ)
Check out my P99 Hunting Guide!
Last edited by mgellan; 06-08-2010 at 01:32 PM..
Old 06-08-2010, 12:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihealyou [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you talking about the end of life, or the end of existence? Assuming that there is an existence outside of the mind, how can existence cease to exist?

Also, organic food contributes to world hunger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the universe will either die of entropy or collapse, depending on who you ask. In either outcome, time and existence as we understand it will cease. One or the other (or both) are going to happen with 100% probability, and either outcome will mean the eradication of anything even vaguely resembling life in the universe, so for our purposes the difference is not significant.

Also, play around with this neat little flash animation and then come back and try to tell me anything the human race does will ever matter:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/525347
Last edited by pickled_heretic; 06-08-2010 at 12:53 PM..
Old 06-08-2010, 01:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihealyou [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Not as much as livestock does.
Closed Thread