Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 02:51 AM
Banned

weed is a slave drug used to quell revolutionaries and keep you animals docile
Old 11-07-2012, 04:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jesus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
weed is a slave drug used to quell revolutionaries and keep you animals docile
And crack was invented to keep the black man down in the ghetto!
Old 11-07-2012, 05:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrocks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kenzar, its as 'legalized' as alcohol, and will follow almost identical regulations (IE; you must be liscensed to sell it, and im assuming to grow it, unlike brewing alcohol).

Shanna, in WA its 21+ and up to an oz at a time, which is plenty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

More details will be hashed out in the coming months, but for now, its pretty clear you'll be able to walk into a dispensary, show you're over 21, and buy a bag.

Seems fairly legal to me.

As a side note, as hasbin pointed out, federal law prohibits any kind of drug use (this included medical marijuana that has been legal for some time now). What does that mean? pretty much the same thing its meant for medical marijuana, which is that the DEA will still be coming in and shutting down dispensaries on a regular basis. Users will be largely unaffected.

I'm not going to get into it now, but that federal law is now breaking (and has been breaking) our state laws. When the DEA comes in and shuts down a dispensary, its not uncommon for WA State police officers to inform the DEA that they are breaking the law.

Drug regulations need to be left up to the states, not the federal government - this has been argued for decades, and I honestly do see a change in federal drug regulations in the near future. If you look at the history of that particular act its pretty plain to see it was a load of bullshit that it was ever passed in the first place. It never should have happened.
Federal laws do not break state laws, they supercede them with supremacy clause, which in cases not specifically defined in the constitution (http://www.usconstitution.net/xconst_A1Sec8.html) are technically unconstitutional, but the executive branch of the US has not been significantly challenged in a long, long time. States tried nullification early on in the republic which spiraled out of control into what later became the beginnings of the civil war.

I'm rambling, but the point is, as with any government, if they can do it, they'll go ahead and do it.
Old 11-07-2012, 05:34 AM
Sarnak

Colorado tomorrow:
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-07-2012, 06:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeallunRumblebelly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Federal laws do not break state laws, they supercede them with supremacy clause, which in cases not specifically defined in the constitution (http://www.usconstitution.net/xconst_A1Sec8.html) are technically unconstitutional, but the executive branch of the US has not been significantly challenged in a long, long time. States tried nullification early on in the republic which spiraled out of control into what later became the beginnings of the civil war.

I'm rambling, but the point is, as with any government, if they can do it, they'll go ahead and do it.
I know they don't *actually* break state laws, but they seem like they do. I should have chosen my words more carefully, but its a frustrating subject for me for a number of reasons.

Regardless, its still 100% crap [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-07-2012, 09:56 AM
Aviak

Great news! Too bad my backwards state (Kansas) won't follow through with anything like this for another 80 years. The good news I guess is that I only live about 30 miles from the CO border [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

On a serious note, what does this mean for all marijuana users who have been convicted, who are on trial, etc for possesion/selling? Huge class action lawsuits incoming? Or has something been put in place to cover the states ass in case something like this did happen?
Old 11-07-2012, 10:29 AM
Planar Protector

It's not really legal if you're limited to 2 ounces. Last I checked, I could go buy any amount of liquor or cigarettes that I want.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:37 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orruar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not really legal if you're limited to 2 ounces. Last I checked, I could go buy any amount of liquor or cigarettes that I want.
2 oz is a relatively large amount. Its probably the same as buying 15 cases of beer.
Agoraphobia - Rogue
Refund - Enchanter
Stryche - Shadow Knight (Current toon)

<Azure Guard>
Old 11-07-2012, 11:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicatin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2 oz is a relatively large amount. Its probably the same as buying 15 cases of beer.
not even close, if you drank that 15 cases of beer, you'd be dead.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
not even close, if you drank that 15 cases of beer, you'd be dead.
No one is gonna be drinking 15 cases of beer at once just like no one is going to be smoking 2 oz of weed at once.
Closed Thread