Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 07:24 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
a) Not sure what AT&T has to do with someone's Droid.
b) Read that those on the current unlimited data plans will be grandfathered in if they wish.
Currently it looks like if you have the unlimited data for $30, you can keep/grandfather in....

I was forced into the unlimited data just because I had a Samsung Propel i627 which I never used for data unless by accident. My account shows its staying at unlimited data unless I change it to the 200mb(15 bux) or 2gb plan(think 25, forget off hand).

I only know my "smartphone" is ok with the net with wifi hotspots, the 3G from AT&T has been horrible. I assume the iPhone is great with data and shit with calls then?

Piss poor move on limiting plans, kinda like charging for a checked bag on a flight. (send it fedex).
Old 06-12-2010, 11:34 AM
Sarnak

You Musta got the RT-D2 ??? :P
Soulez Taken SK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimm View Post
Not only best thread ever, but best poster ever. Going back and reading each one of this guy's 101 posts has been amazing. Its like someone gave a down syndrome child a handle of vodka and a keyboard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind View Post
Where did my underwear go?
Old 06-16-2010, 10:09 AM
Sarnak

got my droid yesterday.. activated and ready to go! will be rooting soon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-16-2010, 10:19 AM
Sarnak

Send a message via ICQ to Qaedain Send a message via AIM to Qaedain Send a message via MSN to Qaedain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Also, I own an HTC Incredible. I owned a Droid for a couple weeks before the Inc was released. Not sure what that guy was talking about seeing "individual pixels" on the Inc's screen, I don't get that all.
http://tech.icrontic.com/articles/th...edible-review/
http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/news/...and-hacks.ars/ (same screen)
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...e-display.html

Maybe your eyes can't tell the difference, but I certainly can. I didn't buy the Nexus One or the Incredible for exactly these reasons: poor color accuracy, obvious dithering pattern and blown out reds. Every single AMOLED HTC uses suffers from these issues.

Some people can't see it, but it's a total deal-breaker for me.
Last edited by Qaedain; 06-16-2010 at 10:26 AM..
Old 06-16-2010, 10:36 AM
Kobold

Does this work on the Eris? Or just the Moto?
Old 06-16-2010, 01:15 PM
Sarnak

Rooting my droid atm.. need a custom UI built !! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-16-2010, 01:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaedain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
http://tech.icrontic.com/articles/th...edible-review/
http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/news/...and-hacks.ars/ (same screen)
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...e-display.html

Maybe your eyes can't tell the difference, but I certainly can. I didn't buy the Nexus One or the Incredible for exactly these reasons: poor color accuracy, obvious dithering pattern and blown out reds. Every single AMOLED HTC uses suffers from these issues.

Some people can't see it, but it's a total deal-breaker for me.
I see it BAD on the Nexus One, but I never could tell on the Incredible. Plus at this point might as well wait for the 2 new droid phones that come out the end of this month. 1ghz TI chip in them I believe. Much better than the Qualcomm 1ghz in the Nexus One/Incredible due to the fact the GPU processing on the TI chip is insanely better.

They'll be here in a month or so I think.
Old 06-16-2010, 01:38 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via ICQ to Qaedain Send a message via AIM to Qaedain Send a message via MSN to Qaedain

Yeah, the Snapdragon's AMD-based GPU isn't as fast as the ones found in TI SoCs. The 1GHz TI SoC in the Droid X is bound to be nice as a result (hell, that whole device is a beast). I expect a mid-July launch.

Even so, I'm not sure if I could stomach using the stock Android UI, or even MOTOBLUR, after spending a while evaluating HTC's outstanding Sense UI. Nothing comes close. Considering the fact that the Snapdragon's GPU is more than sufficient to handle 720p and all the tasks of the Android UI, I think it becomes a philosophical choice, and mine falls in favor of a fantastic UI.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:28 PM
Sarnak

i want the 2ghz nvidia tesla gpu motorola coming out by end of this year [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-16-2010, 05:56 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowWulf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As for getting a windows architecture game (EQ) to run natively on a Linux based phone? No, not going to happen without probably redesigning the whole engine from the ground up. Im sure the P99 devs could chime in with more info on that front, they're the experts here not me, but for now ill just leave it at a resounding "No".
why would you have to do something silly like redesign anything? linux can play windows games natively using wine.

i don't see a reason why it wouldn't run any software that doesn't require dedicated video. provided the phone is robust enough (has enough memory, etc), and that wine supports the piece of software you're trying to run of course. http://appdb.winehq.org/

the droid's 256mb ram seems to be more of a limiting factor than anything else right now.
Last edited by Desert; 06-16-2010 at 06:02 PM..
Closed Thread