Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 03:36 PM
Planar Protector

I've already posted evidence in this thread that bat wings were on that vendor as of 1/24/2000. I should think it now becomes the burden of whoever thinks they don't belong on that vendor to show archive evidence that they weren't on the vendors prior to that date.

Assuming the direction that was taken with the patch comes from this thread:

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9377

we just had a situation of:

"I don't recall them being there, dunno for sure."
*delete bat wings from vendor*
"Yes they were there."
"Well, prove it."
"But why didn't the guy who thought they weren't on the vendors have to prove it?"

I could be incorrect in my assumption as to how the decision to remove bat wings was made, of course. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I would also go a step further and ask that before the devs listen to anyone that vehemently argues that they truly believe with all their heart and soul that bat wings weren't sold on vendors in classic go check the inventories and banks on those players to see how much speculating on the bat wing market before this patch took place in case the devs are being manipulated here. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Last edited by YendorLootmonkey; 06-12-2010 at 03:40 PM..
Old 06-12-2010, 04:07 PM
Fire Giant

Yeah, that thread wasn't exactly unanimous or solid by any means, so I would assume that there's a couple other pieces of info we don't have about it. It's also possible that bat wings were placed on a very limited number of vendors between release and kunark, but certainly not all the vendors that previously had them pre-patch on Project1999 (which was a lot). There has to be some reason people were collecting them as noobies and selling them like bone chips...
Old 06-12-2010, 04:12 PM
Planar Protector

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...0&postcount=10

I personally don't care, because I'm a ranger and I get levitate at level 39 and by then I might be able to solo a bat for my own batwings, but when you put two and two together with the above post, it seems to me the devs may have gotten a fast one pulled on them here.

The burden is on those who say they weren't on those vendors to prove that they weren't prior to 1/24/2000.

If I were a dev, I'd be curious to know which players purchased an inordinate amount of batwings shortly before this patch. Not accusing anyone of anything, I'd just curiously look at the database. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 06-12-2010, 04:37 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...0&postcount=10

I personally don't care, because I'm a ranger and I get levitate at level 39 and by then I might be able to solo a bat for my own batwings, but when you put two and two together with the above post, it seems to me the devs may have gotten a fast one pulled on them here.

The burden is on those who say they weren't on those vendors to prove that they weren't prior to 1/24/2000.

If I were a dev, I'd be curious to know which players purchased an inordinate amount of batwings shortly before this patch. Not accusing anyone of anything, I'd just curiously look at the database. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They were also training shady around so people couldn't buy them before the patch went up. I have no interest in bat wings but that's the only place I can sell in EC as evil so it was highly annoying for me.
Old 06-12-2010, 04:40 PM
Aviak

I also thought that bat wings were not sold by merchants back in classic / kunark.

But after researching I found that before kunark they were definitely on a few vendors.

Click Trade supplies / East Commons. Also sold in other zones. I coulda swore they weren't sold in classic , but this page doesn't lie.

http://web.archive.org/web/199911280...eqtraders.com/

This is from the old eqtraders pre kunark.

I remember people selling them is the only reason I didn't think mechs sold them.
Also it was hard to find info back then. Like who sold them. So not everyone knew.

Fish scales is another story I will have to research that. I do remember fishing for hours to get some scales.
Old 06-12-2010, 04:49 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by matahari [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I also thought that bat wings were not sold by merchants back in classic / kunark.

But after researching I found that before kunark they were definitely on a few vendors.

Click Trade supplies / East Commons. Also sold in other zones. I coulda swore they weren't sold in classic , but this page doesn't lie.

http://web.archive.org/web/199911280...eqtraders.com/

This is from the old eqtraders pre kunark.

I remember people selling them is the only reason I didn't think mechs sold them.
Also it was hard to find info back then. Like who sold them. So not everyone knew.

Fish scales is another story I will have to research that. I do remember fishing for hours to get some scales.
No offense here, but the same vendor with scales also sells wings. If you weren't aware of the bat wings, probably the same could be said for the scales[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-12-2010, 05:05 PM
Kobold

the EC vendor does sell batwing before any exp
the caster guild don't sell it until sometime later
but ya...the EC vendor do sell batwings
Old 06-12-2010, 05:05 PM
Kobold

Send a message via AIM to BuzWeaver Send a message via Yahoo to BuzWeaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalmi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a druid, I am 100% positive that lady in the hut always sells Bat Wings in east Commons in classic. I know this, because I remember coming there and restock batwings before Kunark expansion came out. Then after Kunark, I didn't have to worry about restocking when I hit 51 because of no reagent Levitation spell at that level.
Absolutely. There was a time newbies made some extra spending cash by selling Bat Wings for the purpose of Lev to higher level druids, however this was more a gesture of gratuity. Fish scales were also sold on the same merchant in EC.
Last edited by BuzWeaver; 06-12-2010 at 05:09 PM..
Old 06-12-2010, 05:24 PM
Aviak

Those of you bashing the devs for not prioritizing need to understand how priorities work before you start screaming.

Something of minor significance BECOMES high priority when it's trivial to fix. I'm guessing it literally took the code worker 10 seconds to find the mob in EC and remove bat wings from her item set.

If you're standing next to a mailbox with a sealed letter that needs mailing, would you refuse to drop it in because you needed to go grocery shopping for dinner?
Old 06-12-2010, 05:32 PM
Aviak

Yeah oogmog I agree. That is kinda what i said. That most people didn't have the info we have today. I could of been fishing for no reason. If they were sold off merchants. I just didn't have the info back than of what merchants they were on, and the means to travel to ecommons easily back than. Just like batwings.

The scales could of been sold back then and I just didn't know. Show evidence that they sold scales before kunark would be cool. "I will do it for you"

The scales could of been added to the merchants years later. I don't know. But with the update below I do pretty much know they were.

I will look it up.

Update: : ) I could find posts of people in 2002 saying that you can make good money buying fish scales and bat wings in ecommons and resell them in the bazaar. They were probably always on a few vendors just not everyone knew about them. Including my wife and myself.

I also found a link of the merchant in ecommons. It does say she is a very popular merchant because she sells endless supplies of spell components. This is 2001 though. I will look for an older link.

Here's a link to eqatlas from pre-kunark that says : Shop with spell components.

http://web.archive.org/web/199911281...ommonsmap.html
This is the best I could find and it pretty much is the evidence of them selling the components pre-kunark. I could not find a list of the components sold though.

In classic i wasted a lot of time collecting wings/scales it seems. : ) But i had fun doing it!

Btw I did not tell the devs to take batwings or fish scales out. I just didn't know if they were in classic or not. So I stocked up on them.

The devs are the best I have ever seen in any mmo. Boats!! Freaking rock on! Constant updates more updates than billion dollar company like blizz. Great in game gm's that help people out. Getting things as classic as possible. Couldn't ask for better people running the server!! Free on top of that!
Please donate!
Last edited by matahari; 06-12-2010 at 06:34 PM..
Closed Thread