Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2012, 02:20 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nneave [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I think TMO gets the point and they will either see the greater good or not.
the greater good is always dependent on who you ask

Your (no offense meant) idea of the greater good is very likely different than another's (say someone in TMO for example)
Old 11-23-2012, 02:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And training + KSing Tranix from a soloer with a 30 man raidforce, who's on the way to RF, is defended how?

TMO lawyers, wru???
I'm sure it was accidental.

http://youtu.be/vr7MZr9bnuk

Fazlazen accidentally trained us too!
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 11-23-2012, 02:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why are you referring to me as multiple persons? I was alone when I got trained.

Are you saying TMO are over 50% of the server? I would actually believe that it was closer to 30%.

Anyhow, when are you gonna do everyone a favor; get the fuck out of this forum, eat a cyanide pill, go play in traffic. You don't even play here anymore and you have no idea about the situations that happens on p99.

Do your guild the favor at least, stop making their reputation dissolve into oblivion.
I'm sorry, I should have never responded to you, I forgot you can't read.
Old 11-23-2012, 02:39 PM
Orc

Quote:
You should shut the fuck up and stop open your shit filled cock-hole until you finally know what's going on.

I have nothing to do with TMO raiding, and what they raid. Myself, I do not raid.

But when I get trained when trying to engage and solo a group-able/solo-able mob such as king Tranix, and then take him and KS it "cause they we're only after RF and doesn't bother with tranix at all" (yet not even going through tranix's throne-room at all). Why then train me, or even PULL it all? And then send me a tell saying "Gratz on 59" right after I died to the train?
Claiming "oh i didn't know u were there even"

Not one apology was given. Only being harassed and told "there's the exit, we have an RF to kill"

I left with a 4% exp loss. Thanks to the kind cleric in TMO who rezzed me tho!
I am in dept.
I do not even know who you are or what you are talking about...

If I ever resort to childish rants and name calling, I consider the other side has won and move on.
Old 11-23-2012, 02:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nneave [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do not even know who you are or what you are talking about...

If I ever resort to childish rants and name calling, I consider the other side has won and move on.
you really should ignore him, I forgot to. I'm pretty sure he's highly unstable.

To any and all interested

Now that I think about it, he kinda reminds me of that guy that who was leading Taken. The super paranoid guy who always thought people in other guilds were out to get him. Can't believe I don't remember his name [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

EDIT2: Sharee lol
Last edited by Autotune; 11-23-2012 at 03:06 PM..
Old 11-23-2012, 03:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
1st - I would again like to say thank you to those of you who replied in a civil manner and with information that was pertinent to the topic.

I am not going to continue to feed this post anymore since people have taken this thread and ran with it to the negative. I apologize to TMO, that was not my intention but I have no control over others.

I think TMO gets the point and they will either see the greater good or not.

TMO has valid points, whether people like it or not.

TMO has earned their way to where they are, no doubt and kudo's.

With that being said, competition means just that.. an actual worry that you may die to an encounter or lose. I highly doubt TMO has felt that thrill in quite some time.

Zerging requires 0 skill and offers 0 competition, its a tale as old as time... I have never found zerge guilds appealing no matter how much they flash their e-peens.

For the rest of you.... Do something about it.
The major issue that nobody in this thread has mentioned (and you will never see TMO debate this honestly for obvious reasons) is that TMO is where they are because of a non-Classic raidmob mechanic that was forced on the server by the developers. This major variance on spawn time has proven to always favor the largest guilds with the most amount of people who spend countless hours tracking for those bosses, leading to an uneven distribution of loot as compared to Classic mechanics.

People tend to resent TMO because they never own this fact, instead preferring to troll and/or focus attention on their organized ground game which is in fact better than anyone else's on the server. So the reality is that TMO did not earn their spot at the top, they were the beneficiary of an arbitrary nonClassic jury-rig to win more loot than would normally be awarded to such tactics.

Rogean, the lead developer, has proposed halving the current raidmob variance, and adding simulated patch days during which most raidmobs will respawn (along with FTE shout, an unmitigated positive). The problem with this is that the solution does not seriously address the root of the problem, the variance itself. The variance is what causes the largest, most active guild to obtain a dramatically increased percentage of loot, dwarfing even their (server-largest) efforts. And the greatly increased amount of drops could easily have unforeseen negative consequences.

So basically we're left waiting on that patch right now, which as per these calculations will likely not have a major impact on the loot distribution of the server but may cause other chaos. Another 6 months down the road and there is another clamor for change, and the variance may be removed. But the development team has showed marked decrease in activity over the last year, a trend that may prove disastrous if continued.
Old 11-23-2012, 04:29 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slave [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The major issue that nobody in this thread has mentioned (and you will never see TMO debate this honestly for obvious reasons) is that TMO is where they are because of a non-Classic raidmob mechanic that was forced on the server by the developers. This major variance on spawn time has proven to always favor the largest guilds with the most amount of people who spend countless hours tracking for those bosses, leading to an uneven distribution of loot as compared to Classic mechanics.

People tend to resent TMO because they never own this fact, instead preferring to troll and/or focus attention on their organized ground game which is in fact better than anyone else's on the server. So the reality is that TMO did not earn their spot at the top, they were the beneficiary of an arbitrary nonClassic jury-rig to win more loot than would normally be awarded to such tactics.

Rogean, the lead developer, has proposed halving the current raidmob variance, and adding simulated patch days during which most raidmobs will respawn (along with FTE shout, an unmitigated positive). The problem with this is that the solution does not seriously address the root of the problem, the variance itself. The variance is what causes the largest, most active guild to obtain a dramatically increased percentage of loot, dwarfing even their (server-largest) efforts. And the greatly increased amount of drops could easily have unforeseen negative consequences.

So basically we're left waiting on that patch right now, which as per these calculations will likely not have a major impact on the loot distribution of the server but may cause other chaos. Another 6 months down the road and there is another clamor for change, and the variance may be removed. But the development team has showed marked decrease in activity over the last year, a trend that may prove disastrous if continued.
They do run this for donation, perhaps if we all started to chip in more they will be better motivated?
Old 11-23-2012, 04:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
They do run this for donation, perhaps if we all started to chip in more they will be better motivated?
That probably goes without saying, but your enthusiasm has been noted and filed for future reference. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-23-2012, 04:33 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slave [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That probably goes without saying, but your enthusiasm has been noted and filed for future reference. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
<3
Old 11-23-2012, 05:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
The system was in place long before TMO showed up and started progressing.
Quote:
TMO has earned their spot by "taking out" the guild that was winning the system before them. TMO hasn't been #1 since variance was implemented. Your version of reality is vastly skewed. Also, TMO has spoken up repeatedly in an attempt to reduce the variance (They haven't tried to get it removed since Rogean stated it would never be removed).

Quote:
Rogean, again, has stated that variance will never be removed from p99. This means variance can no longer be looked at as a problem, however the length of the variance can be seen as a problem. Every raiding guild wants variance reduced and they want simulated patches because it decreases time spent and increases chances to engage raid mobs for everyone.

Every step towards a more classic everquest project is a step in the right direction, regardless of what guild gets what loot.

Quote:
Your calculations are very similar to your version of reality.
Closed Thread